Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What will Ross do? (in your opinion)
Go to McLaren 4 10.53%
Go to another team 1 2.63%
Stay at Ferrari 16 42.11%
Retire 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2004, 15:02 (Ref:962615)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Just teasing, KB - although he's not my fave guy. I wish he'd smile once in a while.
Next time a McLaren driver gets on the top step of the podium we'll see him smile again, when that is, is anyones guess
Old 6 May 2004, 16:04 (Ref:962670)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Although the buffet lunch at Jaguar Racing HQ was very nice, I think I know what you mean...

P.S. tonnage ??? That's usually reserved for ocean liners, but seems curiously relevant!...
You exactly got it garc!
Old 7 May 2004, 08:27 (Ref:963197)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Next time a McLaren driver gets on the top step of the podium we'll see him smile again, when that is, is anyones guess
Not this year - and after that might be too late, if the retirement rumours are true. Ron Dennis never to smile again!
Old 7 May 2004, 08:40 (Ref:963209)   #29
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He clearly stated he'll never quit as a loser
Old 19 Oct 2015, 03:28 (Ref:3584014)   #30
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what he's up to ? Or has he retired from full time motorsport ?
Old 19 Oct 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3584194)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud View Post
I think Ross Brown is a little arrogant. He thinks he is the best engineer out there. I am not sure whether he will retire alongwith Michael, I do believe that when Michael hangs his boots, Brown will give it a serious thought as well. He is what he is today because of Michael Schumacher. Thats why a critic once said:

"Ross did not make Michael, Michael made a Ross Brawn".
Complete tosh..
Old 19 Oct 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3584196)   #32
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
Anyone know what he's up to ? Or has he retired from full time motorsport ?
He's gone fishing!
Old 19 Oct 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3584204)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I missed the days when Brawn and Newey hurled thunderbolts at each other.

What with the rules today it's no real surprise that Newey's interest has waned and Brawn has vanished off the face of the earth.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 06:03 (Ref:3584276)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll go with go to another team.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3584455)   #35
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Complete tosh..
Jeremy, you have been reading too many Saward responses.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3585039)   #36
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want to find out more on Ross Brawn's future then the Classic and Sportscar London Show might be the spot as Brawn is due to be on the Interview Stage at the event.

It runs from 30th October to 1st November at Alexandra Palace.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3585041)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Complete tosh..
It was obviously wrong at the time and events afterwards have only confirmed this.

To put his success down to solely Schumacher, or indeed Schumahcer's solely to him shows a decent lack of appreciation of the sport. Or, as you put it, complete tosh.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3585042)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If you want to find out more on Ross Brawn's future then the Classic and Sportscar London Show might be the spot as Brawn is due to be on the Interview Stage at the event.

It runs from 30th October to 1st November at Alexandra Palace.
A good heads up, thanks
Old 24 Oct 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3585317)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It was obviously wrong at the time and events afterwards have only confirmed this.

To put his success down to solely Schumacher, or indeed Schumahcer's solely to him shows a decent lack of appreciation of the sport. Or, as you put it, complete tosh.

Exactly.
It's always been a combination. As well as Schuey/Brawn, we've had Brabham/Cooper, Clark/Chapman, Stewart/Tyrrell, Piquet/Murray and Vettel/Newey. At the end of the day the guy on the pitwall plots it all, the driver has to take the opportunity with both hands.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 01:53 (Ref:3585347)   #40
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He's won in and out of F1, he's won with and without Schumacher. He won as a boss of a team bearing his own name. He's a bit of a legend I would say.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3586290)   #41
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting how he got his break at Williams, bought his Ferrari book at Goodwood then he signed it, my missus made him crease up over Phillip Porter's sales talk.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3586431)   #42
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see that the poll is still alive.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3586434)   #43
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
I can see that the poll is still alive.
I haven't voted yet. I plan to give it a few more years to make up my mind regarding his future. I don't want to make any rash decisions!

Richard
Old 30 Oct 2015, 16:47 (Ref:3586692)   #44
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
He will be driving his pre-1905 car on the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run on Sunday....
Old 30 Oct 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3586748)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Cool *******.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3586751)   #46
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No-one will take away his landmark when a chassis with his name won a F1 World Champ in 2009.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 08:25 (Ref:3586825)   #47
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
No-one will take away his landmark when a chassis with his name won a F1 World Champ in 2009.
Brabham maybe?
Old 1 Nov 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3684542)   #48
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems Ross Brawn might be on his way back to F1 as sporting boss. What the role will involve is not clear yet but it will not involve commercial aspects.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/br...report-845859/
I suspect he might be the person to sort out a lot of the strategy type stuff in terms of trying give a clear direction to future rules and how the sport is organised.
I wonder is he the person to get F1 teams all heading in the same direction.
Old 1 Nov 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3684556)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can you imagine him in a technical role? He'd probably do what we've been wanting for donkeys and cut the downforce so the cars can run closer and thus make overtaking more possible without the need for DRS. Remember when he spotted the double diffuser loophole early on and tried to get the other teams to agree to close the loophole?
Old 1 Nov 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3684566)   #50
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brawn in charge of F1 and Todt in charge of the FIA...Bernie and Max for a new era!

actually think it would be great if Liberty can make it happen. split the role of supremo between sporting side and commercial side (which i guess will be Chase Carey?) and free RB to make the technical and sporting changes that need to be made with the help of the FIA and Todt.

i might not like the changes they make, time will tell, but RB is certainly a person with vision and a knowledge of the sports history...he would be an ideal signing.