Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1369123)   #51
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoutsider
Tobacco is, however, LEGAL everywhere - while Cocaine is ILLEGAL everywhere.

just a minor point.

And I may be wrong, but I hazard a guess that a medical opinion might be that Cocaine is a tad more harmfull as well.

Dont the Peruvians and others in South America chew the leaves in great quantities? Surely thats not illegal?
Coke is maybe more harmful to the wallet, but I'd say it and smoking are probably just as bad for you. At least with Coke you aint killing the people around you with your emissions tho.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1369125)   #52
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
*coughs loudly*

Did you not read my post above?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1369132)   #53
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All quite irrelevant to the fact that the substance he was dealing with is illegal in this country, so there's little point in duscussing the relative merits/demerits of other substances and countries. It's also off-topic as Stephen pointed out.

Personally I find it sad that a man with obvious ability in his chosen profession wastes that talent in such a way and then doesn't learn even after he's been convicted once. Fair play to Peugeot for giving him a second chance - everyone's entitled to show that they've learned. A pity he wasted it. No sympathy from me to see him put away for a good stretch as a result.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1370851)   #54
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did Cirtek take over so quickly the VLR factory?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1371617)   #55
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Vic's wife liquidated VLR as soon as he was arrested. Maybe there was some previous collaberation between VLR and Cirtek and she gave Rob a call.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1371730)   #56
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Mmm...I should have hoped they would have gone through the National Criminal Intelligence Service before buying, there is a proceeds of crime issue here and a risk of confiscation, surely? If VLR was run with drug money NCIS has a power to take it...
Old 4 Aug 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1371763)   #57
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Mmm...I should have hoped they would have gone through the National Criminal Intelligence Service before buying, there is a proceeds of crime issue here and a risk of confiscation, surely? If VLR was run with drug money NCIS has a power to take it...

So do HM Revenue and Customs as it was their operation they will do any siezure like they did in 92 during Operation Bounce
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1372288)   #58
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes me worry is Lee had connections in lower Formula, most prominent was F BMW, but going the saloon car route u have a Clio/Britcar team that was based within the VLR Premises. They picked up the 307's rather cheap according to rumours pretty soon after VL got taken down.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1372291)   #59
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSportRacer
What makes me worry is Lee had connections in lower Formula, most prominent was F BMW, but going the saloon car route u have a Clio/Britcar team that was based within the VLR Premises. They picked up the 307's rather cheap according to rumours pretty soon after VL got taken down.
They would have been sold at a Government auction and things go at silly prices. I remember at one an E Type in concours condition went for £500.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1372305)   #60
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I dont normally thread on this particular section but just had to to voice my total disgust that this man was ever allowed to be involved in motorsport again.
I eman the first time was bad enough and whatever anyone says my opinion of the VLM team running Harvey and Soper was affected by that decision. If I remember rightly they smuggled the stuff in extinguisher bottles didnt they after a test or summat!
I remember a few years ago standing at Brafield stock car track in the rather sparse press room that was suddenly taken over by loads of circuit racing wallers including a few of the VLM members.
I was trying to work and left in a huff, someone from MN asked me why I was going and I said rather stupidly that I didnt want to share any of my time standing next to drug dealers!
Needless to say I checked the car out later for slashed tyres but I doint think the man heard me
How on earth he should have been allowed back into the sport and expecially allowed to get involved in the younger aspects like BMW I dont know.
He is a disgrace and should be treated as such by being banned from motorsport for evermore.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1372313)   #61
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I eman the first time was bad enough and whatever anyone says my opinion of the VLM team running Harvey and Soper was affected by that decision. If I remember rightly they smuggled the stuff in extinguisher bottles didnt they after a test or summat!.
I believe it was in the bottom of compressed air bottles, although I stand to be corrected
Old 4 Aug 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1372324)   #62
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember correctly, the first time was using secret compartments within a specially adapted vehicle transporter. The compartments could ony be accessed by operating switches and plugs in a certain order which is why HM Customs retained the transporter for training purposes.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1372332)   #63
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
There are a few inaccuracies creaping through this thread so keep it to the facts please.

The 307 ('s?) were sold I understand before this happened. The building wasnt owned by VLR, it was leased and yes Mrs Lee did briefly take over VLR but as has been pointed out, this whole thing happened so quickly that no one really knows how things happened once Vic was arrested.

I wont say any more as Im on a long list of people who VLR had debts with as they advised me they were broke , but keep it factual!
Old 4 Aug 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1372370)   #64
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he should be banned from motorsport and hopfully his innocent employees wont be affected too much in the future. good luck to you all
Old 5 Aug 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1372604)   #65
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
When Vic Lee was orignally 'Knocked' at Sheerness Docks the drugs were found in compressed air bottles and hidden areas within the transporter. I was one of officers involved in the seizure. The transporter is now used as an exhibition unit for HMR&C
Old 8 Aug 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1375261)   #66
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
The transporter is now used as an exhibition unit for HMR&C
Are you still an officer? I hope you keep on eye on the paddock to weed out more of Vic's friends! Using your contacts in racing; perhaps you get VLM/VLR ex drivers to speak out against drug dealers and the effects they have on the victims.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1375266)   #67
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfox2000
Are you still an officer? I hope you keep on eye on the paddock to weed out more of Vic's friends! Using your contacts in racing; perhaps you get VLM/VLR ex drivers to speak out against drug dealers and the effects they have on the victims.
Unfortunatley no. I was made redundant when the single market came in at the end of 1992. But I still have friends who are still in.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1375498)   #68
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ok folks, that's just about enough. I think we've reached the limits of what is reasonably necessary for discussion on this.

If you want to continue discussions about drug abuse/issues, please go to Parc Ferme which is the home of all those off forum things that people want to chat about.

Thread closed and no further discussion on this please.

Regards,

EP