Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Sep 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2279406)   #1
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kart Marshalling

just wondering if anyone here marshals at the karting as there is a track about a hour away from me that races through the winter and I see it as a chance to get some more experience in during the close season. I have e-mailed them to see if they want volunteers. Track is Larkhall btw

anything I should be aware of in terms of handling as I know they are smaller and lighter than a mini or Xr2

cheers
Old 1 Sep 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2279412)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland
just wondering if anyone here marshals at the karting as there is a track about a hour away from me that races through the winter and I see it as a chance to get some more experience in during the close season. I have e-mailed them to see if they want volunteers. Track is Larkhall btw

anything I should be aware of in terms of handling as I know they are smaller and lighter than a mini or Xr2

cheers
Think you need to ask the members in the karting forum for handling details!!! Us marshals are more used to picking up the pieces when you make the wrong choice(s)!!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Sep 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2279439)   #3
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent 2yrs at a local track to me you are kept very busy but i enjoyed it very much the drivers ranged form 8yrs to 50yrs different classes of kart all need restarting in different ways. My advise is to go and watch and make sure it run properly.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2279552)   #4
Davie-c
Racer

Scotland
Armadale,Scotland
Davie-c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland

cheers
Not supprised at you not getting a reply from them.They have the attitude that if you do Knockhill your not welcome.Myself and 3 others stopped doing Larkhall because their assistant Chief Marshal had the attitude that you can only do 1 or the other not both.He is now their Chief Marshal.If you would like to speak to me about it I'll helping with Scrutineering at next meeting at Knockhill
Car Scrutineer
BMMC Member
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2279600)   #5
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i marshal go kart meeting at llandow in south wales.i dont find it as fun as circuit marshaling but i do it because i get paid to be there which i then use to help fund my circuit marshaling. iv found it very simular to rally cross because once one race has finished and the circuit is clear the next batch are out.at llandow there will be only one marshal on each post so you are a observer,flag and course which at times is difficult when you have a big national event like stars of tomorrow and well over 30 karts flying down to the first corner (which is usualy my post) and its a hairpin.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2279628)   #6
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie-c
Not supprised at you not getting a reply from them.They have the attitude that if you do Knockhill your not welcome.Myself and 3 others stopped doing Larkhall because their assistant Chief Marshal had the attitude that you can only do 1 or the other not both.He is now their Chief Marshal.If you would like to speak to me about it I'll helping with Scrutineering at next meeting at Knockhill
cheers for that Davie, thought that they would be glad to have extra bodies in the quiet season but if they have an attitude like that then they can get stuffed. Didnt think there was petty stuff like that in scottish motorsport