Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2467716)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Then he's a plank
It looks like he and Vettel will be staring at the back ends of Ferrari's once again.
Old 23 May 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2467717)   #52
Mistral
Rookie

France
Nîmes, France
Mistral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
And looking at the weights Vettel seems to have lost out big time.Also deserved pole from JB.
I thought Webber would be closer to Vettel in Q3, he seemed to be a little bit faster than him in Q2 and Q1. Since they usually go to Q3 with a similar amount of weight, i thought that he might have made some mistake during his lap, but now seeing the weights, i think both could have done better.
Old 23 May 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2467721)   #53
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why does Lewis have so little fuel? I think a 1 stopper wouldve been much much better
Old 23 May 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2467722)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will be a tough fight.
Old 23 May 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2467767)   #55
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Made even tougher by.....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75562

Just not his day is it.
Old 23 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2467779)   #56
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
BBC SPORT'S FUEL-ADJUSTED GRID (with projected race first pit stops*)
1 Button (lap 20)
2 Raikkonen +0.113 (lap 18)
3 Barrichello +0.162 (lap 20)
4 Massa +0.635 (lap 18)
5 Rosberg +0.691 (lap 17)
6 Kovalainen +0.702 (lap 18)
7 Vettel +0.769 (lap 11)
8 Webber +0.776 (lap 19)
9 Alonso +0.945 (lap 23)
10 Nakajima +1.929 (lap 31)
* Calculated on the weight of fuel left in cars after qualifying had finished
Enormous gap between the top 3 and the rest. Must've been a stunning lap from Kimi
Old 23 May 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2467784)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Must've been a stunning lap from Kimi
Not as good as either of the Brawns,but better than most.

Kovalainen didn't do too badly did he.
Old 23 May 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2467787)   #58
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was great stuff from the bunch of them, enjoyed that. Well done. (Not missing the traction control now.)
Old 23 May 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2467792)   #59
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not as good as either of the Brawns,but better than most.
Well he smashed his team mate and he's the only accurate barometer. Brawn clearly have a superior package here

Funny that this great performance from Kimi has coincided with more Alonso to Ferrari rumours from Gazzetta, including a story that he has moved to Lugano on the border between Switzerland and Italy (not too far from Maranello)
Old 23 May 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2467871)   #60
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I predicted that you wouldn't make any predictions which was predictable really.

My only prediction is that Kubica will not win the race.It's a long shot I know.
careful Martyn, a wise head once said the pole usually wins in monaco....

massively impressed with Jenson. Rubens must be thinking "what do i have to do to beat this guy?" He's given his best, carries the advantage the whole weekend, and yet jensen again comes through in the closing stages to pip him of wins, poles, fastest laps... Supoyb.

Has been quite some driving performance thus far... although i am excited about the prospect of a certain Finn sitting beside him with a little gadget i like to call 'KERS'.....
Old 23 May 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2467907)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

Funny that this great performance from Kimi has coincided with more Alonso to Ferrari rumours from Gazzetta, including a story that he has moved to Lugano on the border between Switzerland and Italy (not too far from Maranello)
I believe that Santander will also be sponsoring Ferrari next season (should there actually be a next season for the 'reds').
Old 24 May 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2467930)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope not.
Old 24 May 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2467932)   #63
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Enormous gap between the top 3 and the rest. Must've been a stunning lap from Kimi
A little suspect...Rubens cannot be stopping on the same lap as Jense.

Looks bad for SV
- he's gonna be stuck behind the one stoppers.

I think a traffic jam is in order here so the one stoppers are not totally out of this. Methinks that the Curse button means that there will be a logjam freight train behind WFD until the first stop ... so the first corner accident will decide who stays in the hunt behind him.
Button, Rubens, Kova and Webber will need a stunning couple of laps and a short second stint may be the only way to jump him.
Old 24 May 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2467934)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Traffic jam, that's all Monaco is about.
Old 24 May 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2467939)   #65
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predict Kimi and KERS will boost the F60 past Jenson to the first corner. I believe this will be Ferrari's first win.
Old 24 May 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2467966)   #66
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well when Webber talks "ordinary" it usually means he has a sniff of a result. Starting on the slower tyre and hoping his stops give him track position on the quicker rubber?
Old 24 May 2009, 07:11 (Ref:2467994)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Well when Webber talks "ordinary" it usually means he has a sniff of a result. Starting on the slower tyre and hoping his stops give him track position on the quicker rubber?
It would be nice... but then we have been expecting this day since 2003... 2002 if you were totally delusional
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 May 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2467995)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[QUOTE=F1Pete;2467939] I predict Kimi and KERS will boost the F60 past Jenson to the first corner. [/quotr]

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I believe this will be Ferrari's first win.
This depends on fuel strategies after the first stops because the Brawn looks to be able to run with heavier fuel, faster and for longer.
Old 24 May 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2468014)   #69
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It's usually the pole who wins, unless a mess happens like somebody crashing but coming back to finish first.
Well, yes, but only in very recent history.

I've just browsed through the results of Monaco in past, and...

In last 5 years, 4 out of 5 pole-sitter did win, but, in last 15, it was only 6 times. So, out of 15, pole got six wins, second on the grid got 5 wins, third had 3 wins, and, Panis did it from 14th, which is of course, completely irrelevant.
Old 24 May 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2468026)   #70
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
My prediction? Kimi will lead into St Devote, thanks to Kers, but Button will slot in behind him and use the Brawn's superior pace to jump him during the first stops.

Having said that, I'd love to see Webber win.
Old 24 May 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2468097)   #71
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
There isn't enough of a run-up for Kimi to completely jump Jenson - it takes about 3 seconds for the KERS to kick in, and the gap between the front row and Ste Devote can't be much more. Plus it narrows quite a bit before then

Could be interesting. KERS may prove to be too much of an advantage and we see 1995 all over again, although this time spare cars are banned...
Old 24 May 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2468129)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I predict Kimi and KERS will boost the F60 past Jenson to the first corner. I believe this will be Ferrari's first win.
Good chance of that happening at the first corner.As for the win,well maybe they ought to just try getting on the podium for a change.
Old 24 May 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2468131)   #73
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if Kimi can KERS past Jenson, all Jenson has to do is stay within a couple of seconds and then try to jump him at the pit stop. The Ferrari is much improved but Jenson had a faster car even with extra fuel. And this is Monaco, if anyone makes a mistake, that's the end of the race.

And Ferrari arn't exactly immune to such things...

Plus I don't think KERS off the line is such an advantage here, it's quite a short run to Sainte Devote, so I'm not sure the KERS cars will be able to get the most out of that additional horsepower, and the faster they go the earlier they will need to brake. If Jenson can get a good start I think exiting the tunnel is gonna be his biggest worry.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2468141)   #74
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
KERS may be of an advantage off the line,but on a circuit like Monaco that extra weight could really harm the tyres at the end of their stints.This is also presuming that Kimi's KERS actually works !
Old 24 May 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2468148)   #75
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved the opening sequence on BBC

Tags
formula 1, monaco