Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Apr 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1897371)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Motorsport 2

couple of questions i hope some might know with the imminent release of this game!!

1/ whats the difference between the normal game and the ltd edition?

2/ how many players online

3/ have they incorpated an in car view as well as them awfull car views last time?
Old 22 Apr 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1897537)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1) Ltd edition will probably have a spangly box, a DVD and some free XBox Live car downloads. That is usually what happens.

2) Eight players online I think...

3) I haven't seen an in-car view, so I assume it isn't in there. With 300+ cars available off the bat, I'd be surprised to see it.

I can't wait for this, I haven't been this excited about a game since the original GT. Nearly a decade ago would you believe....
Old 22 Apr 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1897541)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's a nice site with more details on the game. Some video replays and screenshots in there of course.

http://forzamotorsport.net/
Old 22 Apr 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1897559)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have just found some details on the LE version of the game.

It will have tin box packaging (to be expected).

Three additional cars available, Subaru Impreza S204 (2006), Ferrari Challenge Stradale (2003) and Ford Saleen Mustang S281 E.

And a 157 page collectors booklet with details on the making of the game, car specs etc...

Also, I think I heard there is a download code to allow buyers of the LE to download the modified Nissan 350Z on the cover from XBox Live.

So it's worth getting I'd say.
Old 8 May 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1909125)   #5
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can confirm that forza 2 is out in europe on June 8.
Old 9 May 2007, 00:20 (Ref:1909513)   #6
JerH77
Racer

Germany
Bayonne, New Jersey
JerH77 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Do you know when it comes out in the United States roachy101?
Old 9 May 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1910050)   #7
roachy101
Racer

it's released on may 30th
Old 9 May 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1910062)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It changes every day. I tend to think we'll get it in June 2012.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the delay for the demo as well? Dear god, it's taking ages. It was supposed to be out with the 360 dashboard update.

It's not reaching Gran Turismo levels of delay, but it's getting there!
Old 9 May 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1910101)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah, apparently the demo is hitting Live in the next day, possibly hours.
Old 9 May 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1910107)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give it five minutes, it'll change again.
Old 10 May 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1910471)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Downloading now.
Old 10 May 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1910510)   #12
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I retract my previous statement.

So er... any good?
Old 10 May 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1910514)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The download speed is excellent.
Old 10 May 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1910524)   #14
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Oh right.... i forgot
Old 11 May 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1911074)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is very good!

Nice demo too, plenty of cars. Although only one short track.
Old 11 May 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1911173)   #16
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The handling is pretty good cant wait for the full game now!!
Old 11 May 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1911255)   #17
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its damn good, so good i decided to pre-order it from gameplay last night, although its going to majorly distract me from fitness training and make me the first couch potato fitness freak athlete
Old 16 May 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1914904)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love the look, great graphics and environmental effects. Hate that the demo has only lowest skill setting AI, shouldn't be able to beat the E36 with an Integra R but it's not even a challenge in the demo. Also haven't seen a damage effects selection and it has no effect on driving in the demo. And the real-time telemetry extras are pretty amazing, can block the racing view some but cool for practice and tuning setups to the tracks. Have driven every car already and need a new track, the demo one is way too short.
Old 16 May 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1914911)   #19
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Oh... i wish i had a 360, i love Forza 1..... I'm slightly disgruntled that i can't get my grubby mitts on the sequel.
Old 17 May 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1915300)   #20
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very much sitting and waiting for FM2

I have the wireless wheel and it's a perfect match. Even without the extra tweaking that will be in the final release. I'll be on the lookout for some clean racers on release, my gamertag is TheFLC.
Old 17 May 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1915401)   #21
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
My mate downloaded the demo for me today, so i had a bit of a play.

I only got to do one race, but the cars seem to handle quite well, and still have that feeling of weight, which is nice.

I'd like to play more though...
Old 20 May 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1917234)   #22
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Downloaded Forza 2 off live the other day and all i can say is "WOW" the car physics are beautifull; I have been driving it with all the aids and abs off in manual and alot of the cars are a handfull to drive ! Corvette GT1 car i cant get to keep straight when i floor it

Will Definatly be getting it!!!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 20 May 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1917258)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Corvette is great fun!

The problem with the demo is it is on a crappy track and on arcade mode which makes the next 18 days seem too long! Still, there is always Forza 1.

One thing I hope is fixed for release is the engine sounds. They are spot on in terms of their accuracy, but far too quiet. I've had to adjust all the sound parameters to 30%, with the engine set to 100% and turn the TV up which is annoying.
Old 20 May 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1917350)   #24
roachy101
Racer

the demo is awesome. can't wait to through the 98 porsche round the nurburgring
Old 20 May 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1917493)   #25
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
I must get myself a 360.. i must, i must, i must....

Knowlesy, got the webcam for the 360?