Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3749399)   #26
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why did they change one Ford & not the other?
[/URL]
Variety is the spice of life?
Old 7 Jul 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3749415)   #27
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why did they change one Ford & not the other?

Maybe they looked too alike?

Maybe their is a limited sticker budget for Super2?

The Porsche looks awesome in gold!!
Old 7 Jul 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3749416)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
Revised Woodstock livery for Davison http://apexnews.co.nz/?p=24325
And the Woodstock bonnet looks great sanding still, but with the reflection in the last practice today, the spectacle and branding got completely lost, sadly.

It might as well have been plain jet black or a mirror tint as either would've been as much use.

The late Michael Erceg wouldn't be happy
Old 8 Jul 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3749562)   #29
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a dull race!
Old 8 Jul 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3749585)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see it on FTA today.. except #10 didn't seem to do a lot to publicise it was on.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Jul 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3749709)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reynolds fading, and does Scotty Mac just have a cool suit failure? Why in gods name would you put Ludo on the radio? He is brilliant but I wouldnt want him to instruct emergency surgery,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3749731)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Reynolds fading, and does Scotty Mac just have a cool suit failure? Why in gods name would you put Ludo on the radio? He is brilliant but I wouldnt want him to instruct emergency surgery,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
There has to be a different solution to a cool suit surely? The GT cars have in-car air conditioning units running off the electrics in the car. Someone like CoolDrive would have to have the capability to pull one of those apart, improve its performance, and sell it to the field?

I don't get having Mr Lacroix on the radio either. Surely they can hire Siri for the job
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3749732)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Great win for Mr Whincup today, got them on strategy, and having a functioning coolsuit. Traffic wasn't too kind to any of the top 3 near the end, lots of cars getting in the way when there was clearly no need to.

Do they still use blue flags?
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3749744)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I swear I saw Aaren Russell lapped more than twice today.

Maybe there were extenuating circumstances but .3 of a lap faster than Alex, but a whole lap down.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3749759)   #35
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank god for DJR Penske, itd be a low year of 888 domination without those guys.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 03:21 (Ref:3750080)   #36
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great win for Mr Whincup today, got them on strategy, and having a functioning coolsuit. Traffic wasn't too kind to any of the top 3 near the end, lots of cars getting in the way when there was clearly no need to.

Nope. Only used a last resort after the email, fax, telegram and carrier pigeon has failed to let the team know to tell its driver to move over.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3750099)   #37
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA View Post
Nope. Only used a last resort after the email, fax, telegram and carrier pigeon has failed to let the team know to tell its driver to move over.
The rules for Supercar require a lapped driver to get out of the way, if they don't get out of the way, blue flags may be shown.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3750124)   #38
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or was there a noticeable downturn in crowd numbers at Townsville this year?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3750135)   #39
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg View Post
Is it just me or was there a noticeable downturn in crowd numbers at Townsville this year?
Uh-oh, expect a fast retort from The Warbler's internet henchman, peckstar any moment now...
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3750141)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Uh-oh, expect a fast retort from The Warbler's internet henchman, peckstar any moment now...
Why? Crowd numbers are crowd numbers. Anybody got them?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3750148)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
10 minutes
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:24 (Ref:3750153)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
10 minutes
1 hour 7.

and even then i didnt really make a retort. Probably crowds were down because the Aust Gt grid was down by a third and we know they are big crowd drawers
Old 10 Jul 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3750173)   #43
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TV ratings on Sunday according to TV Tonight on Foxtel were up 9.1% (11,000). Your observation on crowd numbers however is correct according to the Townsville Bulletin article about the event which stated the accumulative attendance for this year was 142,278 which is slightly down on the 2016 total of 145,411

Last edited by PS2244; 10 Jul 2017 at 13:39.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3750303)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
142,000 people in what is effectively a country town is pretty special I would have thought...
Old 11 Jul 2017, 00:32 (Ref:3750305)   #45
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
State government said before the event that it was responsible for 120,000 beds being booked in local accommodation places. That's pretty impressive.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3750306)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
State government said before the event that it was responsible for 120,000 beds being booked in local accommodation places. That's pretty impressive.
that would be around double the Clipsal amount of bed nights, so it would be impressive ? (i guess its possible people stay longer or extend their trip to other areas)

around 100 motels in townsville (according to a quick internet search)
Old 11 Jul 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3750307)   #47
blaarg
Racer

I'm not sure about Saturday as I didn't catch any of the footage, but my estimate of Sundays crowd is 20-25k.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3750310)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm not sure about Saturday as I didn't catch any of the footage, but my estimate of Sundays crowd is 20-25k.
and how many did you estimate last year?
Old 11 Jul 2017, 01:34 (Ref:3750311)   #49
blaarg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and how many did you estimate last year?
I didn't watch it. But if you want to see a video of an alleged 168k weekend crowd, here's an aerial video from the 2009 townsville event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0yPquhm5x8
Old 11 Jul 2017, 03:30 (Ref:3750314)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This again

If you didn't go to the venue, who cares how many people went, really...