Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3749371)   #51
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetormentor View Post
Watching the Townsville Inside Supercars show with the Live audience and it got me thinking about the 3 Supercars shows that we have on air now.
There's Inside Supercars and Supercars Life on Fox, plus RPM on CH10..
I try and watch what I can each week, but wanted to see what others watch and why or why not?
I try and watch inside supercars when I can but I love Supercars life it's interesting to see
Old 7 Jul 2017, 03:37 (Ref:3749378)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
RPM is a shadow of its former self these days, it comes across as more lifestyle then motorsport. Don't really care about Kate road testing cars or meeting celebs that don't have a massive interest in motorsport. Back in ye olde days when the likes of Greg Rust and Bill Woods hosted the show it was a lot more 'serious' for one of a better word in discussing the issues of the day at length. Not just for Supercars but F1, MotoGP etc.

Inside Supercars has really replaced RPM for that type of discussion in regards to the category
Old 7 Jul 2017, 06:19 (Ref:3749388)   #53
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ten should follow suit on their recent A League acquisition, where the network takes the entire FOX production & commentators with the Supercars coverage. As well as other sports they have, like MotoGP and Rugby
Old 7 Jul 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3749396)   #54
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
I think Ten should follow suit on their recent A League acquisition, where the network takes the entire FOX production & commentators with the Supercars coverage. As well as other sports they have, like MotoGP and Rugby
In theory yes but with Ten in voluntary administration I don't see it becoming a reality
Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3749427)   #55
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
In theory yes but with Ten in voluntary administration I don't see it becoming a reality
Ten is actually in Receivership which is a whole different kettle of fish. Doesn't change the point you're making though.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3749616)   #56
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that would take the impartiality out of the Supercars coverage completely, it's already bad enough that the only "lone ranger" is Larko...

Admittedly it's been a while since i've watched MotoGP on Channel 10, do they really take the Fox Sports coverage of the races?
Old 9 Jul 2017, 00:45 (Ref:3749684)   #57
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
that would take the impartiality out of the Supercars coverage completely, it's already bad enough that the only "lone ranger" is Larko...

Admittedly it's been a while since i've watched MotoGP on Channel 10, do they really take the Fox Sports coverage of the races?
No they don't. They have Mark Howard and Daryl Beattie hosting in the Ten studio. Then once the race comes, they take the world feed, with Nick Harris, Matt Birt and Dylan Gray
Old 9 Jul 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3749720)   #58
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then once the race comes, they take the world feed, with Nick Harris, Matt Birt and Dylan Gray
I've always liked Nick Harris, back as far as his commentary days on Channel 9 with Darrell Eastlake and Barry Sheene, but I wish Channel 10 would take the BTSports British feed for MotoGP with Keith Heuwen & Julian Ryder (the same team that did World Superbikes in the 90s).. afterall with F1 Ch10 they take the Ch4 English commentary feed rather than the Sky Sports feed that Foxtel uses...

...I also reckon it would be good if Channel 10 did their own commentary to suit their own needs on the Supercars...but given the networks current state that would probably cost too much...