Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 3 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2514470)   #1
MFFAN
Rookie

MFFAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Self Adhesive Vynl Roundels

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section on the forum to ask this question but .... can anyone recommend a company that supplies self adhesive vynl roundels?

Thanks
Old 3 Aug 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2514488)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
How many do you want and what colour, I can do what ever you want custom made to suit.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2514493)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some outfit called CADART might be agood place to start. They're in Watford.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2514502)   #4
MFFAN
Rookie

MFFAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info PMs sent
Old 3 Aug 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2514527)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And just for the uninitiated Al & CADART are the same; Peter being mysterious again!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2514550)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I heard Timmy and Peter were the same Mallet as well! :-)
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2514553)   #7
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another company I have found very good, in fact excellent, are called "I say ding dong" have a website but mainly sell on ebay.
They specialize in the classic/historic market.

Always plenty of stock from personal experience, and have just had some one offs made by them.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2514566)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Vacant View Post
Another company I have found very good, in fact excellent, are called "I say ding dong" have a website but mainly sell on ebay.
They specialize in the classic/historic market.

Always plenty of stock from personal experience, and have just had some one offs made by them.
Could you either post on here or PM me their ebay shop address as their web site isn't interested in showing images, I need some Jaguar stickers.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2514610)   #9
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
Could you either post on here or PM me their ebay shop address as their web site isn't interested in showing images, I need some Jaguar stickers.
Have pm'ed you all the details, hope you find what you need!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2514611)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Many thanks, just ordered them.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2514687)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
They are printed stickers and not what MFFAN wanted which is cut vinyl custom sized. We can do printed stickers but I dont bother holding stocks and only make stuff up to order, nice bit of old retro artwork they have there though.

Roundels going out tonight BTW.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2514761)   #12
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, i'll be in touch soon regarding some big American stylee numbers
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 3 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2514774)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No probs.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2514854)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
printed vinyl is handy, but the connoiseur will always go cut, a far superior job

nearly as good as sign written with coach enamel . . . .
Old 3 Aug 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2514860)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sometimes you have no choice as a lot of the logos on that site would orginally been screen printed which would be impractical for short runs. I am contemplating buying a thermal printer which is another animal again and can do things neither cut vinyl or inkjet print or infact screen print can do. For example print white on clear, and metallic silver and gold and spot colours. Trouble in this game you really need to be able to offer the lot as you never know what will come through the door including quality paper and canvas prints but I have a fantastic Canon 12 colour (thats right 12 colour) machine for that and the quality is unbeliveable.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2514986)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's wrong with masking tape? Period.....
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2514997)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nothing when you are respraying a car! :-)
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2515017)   #18
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wife makes the budget version,here is the recipe:Take 1 roll of fablon,1 round tray,1 pair of scissors and cut.Can be any size or colour. If you want numbers on ,print out required ones from P.C and use as template on another colour fablon - easy and cheap - especially when you destroy as many nose-cones as me!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2515026)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I never found Fablon particularly cheap at about £6.45 for half a metre also it seems to only come in 450mm wide and our friend here wanted 22" circles and I bet he could'nt have made them for what I charged him for 4! :-)
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2515040)   #20
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try Wilkinsons 1.5 m x 450mm £3.00 any colour.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 06:22 (Ref:2515180)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sooo, good for those 18" roundels then.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 07:10 (Ref:2515191)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Still no good for 22" ones though! And the Fablon is not really suitable for application to car bodies and outdoor use, its for sticking over your old cupboards etc. you get what you pay for and the proper vinyl will go down better and last longer. I have some nice 5 year grade matt black vinyl I just got in for a job, would make good period roundals, just done a couple for one of the CTCRC boys. BTW that reminds me I have to do a couple of POLICE decals for an old MGB police car one of my customer owns.

BTW2 anyone tried to cut a circle accurately with a pair of scissors or a scapel, not easy! :-)
Old 4 Aug 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2515203)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sooo, good for those 18" roundels then.
nearly, 17.716"

I suppose it depends on the scrutineers.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2515235)   #24
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised our very own JMinsh hasn't pointed out that Demon Tweeks do them for £2.25 + VAT.

http://tinyurl.com/lrl3lg

James
Old 4 Aug 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2515237)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And post, and packing too.

Edit: In truth this would be better in the Racer's forum to where it is now moved.