Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Jan 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3016796)   #1
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next sim test 2nd feb. Also - what racing category sim should we develop next?

The 2nd February is our next open-test. Please confirm availability here. Again, it's going to be about 35-40 min seat time each. At Cranfield University.

For those who missed it last time, here's the promotional film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tkcz...NhZMahsm4UZavu

As the technology can be replicated in anything from an F1 car to a WTCC, we are working with partners to setup a corporate facility.

Which type of car would appeal most for a purely authentic/stunning sim - an F1 Car? F.Renault? Kart? BTCC? WTCC? Le Mans? Australian V8's???
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3016949)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh, seen the post in time this time - please feel free to put me on the list

As for what you should do next - touring cars is my thing, so I'd vote for BTCC - love to see a full on sim for that...
Old 25 Jan 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3016974)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, should be able to make that. cheers.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3016978)   #4
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be very interested in this. Could I put my name down? Jack Nicholls.

I'd vote for some form of GT car next, those would be awesome on a sim.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3017023)   #5
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be able to make it, it just depends on when you plan on running the test.

I think something with a proper manual gearbox would be interesting, Historic F1 perhaps.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3017027)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will see if I can make it buddy, shame you cant get Rfactor 2 working, it is out now y'know, but only a BETA version.

As for mods, might be an idea to get a stick shift in there, you should be able to put together a mount for the gearstick you get with a G25 steering wheel in that cockpit?

As for mods, I would imagine LeMans would be popular, I hate the event, but in the UK there are a hell of a lot of obssessed sportscar fans.

BTcc would be good to, and as you have access to the Laguna? You might also be able to use RACE 07, a game designed around Touring Cars, but would it work with the rig and stuff?
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3017118)   #7
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
LeMans [sic]...I hate the event
Sacrilege! Or more apt, sacrebleu!
Old 26 Jan 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3017218)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, most boring thing I have ever watched in my life! For some reason in this world it is held up as the "event of events". I dont get it, never have. I can see the appeal as a driver I suppose, but as a fan? Any time you have to spend in the worlds most expensive and unfriendly country is not sacre bleu, it's sacri-lege!

Now Nurburgring 24H race, that is a challenge! or Dakar. Or Bathurst endurance.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3017228)   #9
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Make him stop! His views are offending my senses!

On a serious note, i think a GT car would be ideal. Fast enough to be interesting yet slow enough for the average 'punter's' reaction times. Just look at F1-style races in online racing, they are utter carnage. Also, i think a car with more suspension travel would allow you to exploit the simulator rig's capabilities more comprehensivly.

Just checked my work calender and i can definatley make it. If you are making an schedule/itinery, i can be there as early as nesessary.

Cheers

Pete
Old 26 Jan 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3017278)   #10
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I might be able to make it, it just depends on when you plan on running the test.
Actually I would not be able to be able to do it until after 4pm...
Old 26 Jan 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3017394)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, most boring thing I have ever watched in my life! For some reason in this world it is held up as the "event of events". I dont get it, never have. I can see the appeal as a driver I suppose, but as a fan? Any time you have to spend in the worlds most expensive and unfriendly country is not sacre bleu, it's sacri-lege!

Now Nurburgring 24H race, that is a challenge! or Dakar. Or Bathurst endurance.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

I know everyone has their horses for courses, but I was amused by the Dakar reference. Someone on/in a bike/4x4/truck hurtling along a stretch of desert, on their own, surrounded by *nothing* is more interesting than LeMans? But then what I know? A lot of people like golf.

I think it has it's stature based on it's probably the longest running motorsport event ever and has been run pretty much since the dawn of the motor car. I guess you could consider it the motorsport version of the Olympics.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 26 Jan 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3017422)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Horses for course really, I find it dull, I can see the appeal of the cars though and that is the point. Driving the things is fine, just not interested in watching them.

And for comparison, my meaning for Dakar was as a competitor, not a spectator, though havibng said that once you mute Carlton Kirby the scenery and stuff is staggering on the Dakar, but lets face it not much looks worse than Le Mans!!
Old 29 Jan 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3018675)   #13
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd certainly be interested in this. Sim racing has become something of a running passion for me and I'm very much interested in any advancements in technology used in its development.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3018858)   #14
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super GT
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3020128)   #15
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you guys down there later today, I'll be the one with a GoPro strapped to my head! It'll be interesting to see what some new faces think of the simulator.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3020324)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Horses for course really, I find it dull, I can see the appeal of the cars though and that is the point. Driving the things is fine, just not interested in watching them.
Now I finally understand why we disagree on things.......

How many times have you been to Le Mans - just the once?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3020642)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Sorry man, for me Le Mans is a huge fuss about nothing

the most over-hyped event.

I wouldnt go if you paid me, never been, never want to go

If you like that kind of stuff fair enough, would rather watch an autotest in the rain thanks
Old 7 Feb 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3022626)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really speaks volumes.

(I think perhaps it's time we put each other on ignore).
Old 11 Feb 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3024492)   #19
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Are you planning on doing any more tests in the future?