Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Mar 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2406539)   #26
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
It can't be beyond the wit of man to develop suitable banking that also allows the road course to exist, can it?
That is basically the plan at Croix. Seperate oval with link roads to the current circuit to make a larger race circuit.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2406559)   #27
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's nothing that wrong with rovals though (Indy and many other facilities in the US, Rockingham, Lausitz ... Monza!), it's just that the problem appears when the oval is an afterthought.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2406601)   #28
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be a bit of trek but there is will eventually be a 0.75 mile oval in the style of Richmond near Enkoping in Sweden.

http://www.vikingmotorpark.com/anl.html
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 1 Mar 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2406936)   #29
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
Those sprint cars that race at arena essex need to have a go on a dirt oval!
If they asked, NASA would come up with many reasons why they couldn't run at one of their meetings - that's why I walked away from bringing the car in from the 'States a while back.

As for the Velodrome - yes I know they do them at 250m, but we can dream can't we....

How about using the roof of the FIAT factory in Turin? That's a banked oval....

And Mallory - as I understand it, BARC are the lease holder, not the owner, that's Titan Properties (Chris Meek).

I get a feeling that the Rock might have new owners/operators before the year is out - someone who knows about motor racing, rather than housebuilding.

Rob.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2407183)   #30
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
If they asked,
I get a feeling that the Rock might have new owners/operators before the year is out - someone who knows about motor racing, rather than housebuilding.

Rob.
Maybe the credit crunch and the consequent fall in the housing market will actually benefit Rockingham, after all house builders aren't actually falling overthemselves to put up new homes at the moment are they? Hope Rockingham can still work.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2407316)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we all hope that - I actually really like the facility. Would love to race there on the oval.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2407341)   #32
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be a target for 2010 hasent it?
Has anyone spoken to Mckellar about a ride this year?
Old 2 Mar 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2407538)   #33
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
No... Your job wasn't it?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2408266)   #34
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is proving a bit tricky to find!
I asked some one who knows him for a number, no reply and I found him on facebook, send a message no reply but im not finished yet!
Old 3 Mar 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2408294)   #35
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
I think you should be booking yourself in Minicross, Revolution Racing, CWS and Roots all have cars available. Rookie Training is on the 27th March.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2408407)   #36
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Maybe the credit crunch and the consequent fall in the housing market will actually benefit Rockingham, after all house builders aren't actually falling overthemselves to put up new homes at the moment are they? Hope Rockingham can still work.
According to my source(s), CDL made enough money out of the dual carriageway that is going through the site (don't forget, the whole site is some 300acres), and that bit alone almost covered what they paid for it.

So selling it now would give them full payback, and some profit over their original purchase price..... thus something that the housing market won't give them for a while - cash in the bank.

Come Friday, I have the numbers right, I am going to win it all on my own, so it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.... he he he he he!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2410433)   #37
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Keep an eye on the press in the coming week. We have a lot to talk about come Thursday. If anyone wants to book up for the March testing get in touch, I might share some top secret info with you.

Or I might not,

I might just want to talk because Im lonely...
Old 6 Mar 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2410630)   #38
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Poor ol' boy.

That's what going AC/DC does to you. You'll be thunderstruck too no doubt.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2411697)   #39
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
In all this chat I forgot to say, the website is www.latemodel.eu
Old 9 Mar 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2412522)   #40
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see our boy Collins isn't forgotten about on the site.
Old 14 Mar 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2415504)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
In all this chat I forgot to say, the website is www.latemodel.eu
Entrylist looks good.

I like the fact there are not only Monte Carlo's but also Fusions, Chargers and other.

I understand why you call it Late Model Series. But the general people don't know what a late model is. If they see this sort of cars they call it NASCAR or stock car racing. Why not something like European V8 Stock Cars Series?
Old 14 Mar 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2415683)   #42
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The entry list looks very impressive - the racing should be interesting with the British-spec cars as well as the CAMSO machinery. Aren't the CAMSO cars lighter, in which case how would the balancing be done - ballast, restrictors, both or some form of weird system belonging in a Japanese game show ?

I do agree with Fire's thoughts regarding the name ... EUROCAR?
Old 14 Mar 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2415712)   #43
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Japanese game show which means that I'll always win in an unlikey fashion
Old 14 Mar 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2415758)   #44
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
The entry list looks very impressive - the racing should be interesting with the British-spec cars as well as the CAMSO machinery. Aren't the CAMSO cars lighter, in which case how would the balancing be done - ballast, restrictors, both or some form of weird system belonging in a Japanese game show ?

I do agree with Fire's thoughts regarding the name ... EUROCAR?
I like the sound of EUROCAR, nice one , short and snappy like Nascar is.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2416043)   #45
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
I have a feeling that EUROCAR belongs to the BRSCC as they bought "EUROCAR Ltd" from Sonny Howard for far too much money a long time ago.

Running with "Late Model" means that it is directly comparable with the ASA/NASCAR/whoever's version of Late Model racing in the 'States.

What's more, it allows the creation of some sort of ladder of progression.

Also, calling it the European V8 Stock Car series is a bit of a "well, what's that?" Put European Stock Car in to Google, and I'd wager that it'll come up with F1 Stocks, which are a couple of RSJ's for the chassis, some truck axles, a V8, and an old washing machine tied to the roof with a number on it (well not quite, but it's the concept!)

(addendum) Just checked, "European V8 Stock Car" into google brings up "Spedeworth V8 Stock Cars"
Old 15 Mar 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2416053)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TYpically narrow minded post there R59

HAve you actually been stock car racing in teh UK, or is REAL racing not our cup of tea!

Watching 10 cars rod around an oval never built right in the first place is hardly my idea of fun!

Hope this series comes off, but am not gonna wait up, if based in Europe maybe, but UK too MSA biased for this kind of series.

Do what I do, stay away from MSA series, they just ruin everything!!
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2416187)   #47
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Hope this series comes off, but am not gonna wait up, if based in Europe maybe, but UK too MSA biased for this kind of series
I thought that the European Late Model Series was non MSA/FIA, as it will run at Hednesford, Ipswich and Warneton
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2416191)   #48
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Wouldn't being non-MSA have problems with running on tracks like Rockingham in the future?

(Just a random thought aimed at no-one!)
Old 16 Mar 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2416681)   #49
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Ok...

Fire- You are dead right, no one knows what a LM is, but we will all just have to change that. Once upon a time you would not have known what a Legend is. It is easier to start with something new than try and change what a Stockcar represents through out Europe.

Duke- CAMSO V8s are lighter but Ascars have more horse power and better brakes, to be honest, we are not expecting huge differences in lap times between the two cars but we will play around with weights and gear ratios until we get them about right.

Kipper- you are correct, we are not governed by the FIA or MSA

Duke- It may well do, but we can cross that bridge if and when we get there.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2416829)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What sort of chassis has an Ascar? Single make and specially build for Ascar? I know CAMSO uses for example Lefthander (interesting website!) or Howe chassis'.