Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3026304)   #2601
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lotterer is no longer in SGT, so I think he's all Audi's now.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3026306)   #2602
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
John also tweeted:
Duval is a Toyota driver in Super GT now. Hence I doubt that Toyota will let Duval race in Le Mans for Audi.
Do any of you guys fancy the chance of Audi giving Edoardo Mortara a go for Le Mans? I certainly hope they do.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3026310)   #2603
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Do any of you guys fancy the chance of Audi giving Edoardo Mortara a go for Le Mans? I certainly hope they do.
If he drives in DTM, there's no chance, since he would be a rookie at Le Mans and he would have to do the 10 laps on the test weekend, and there is a DTM race on the same weekend. Unless there's a lot of private jetting going on.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3026377)   #2604
KlBD
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If he drives in DTM, there's no chance, since he would be a rookie at Le Mans and he would have to do the 10 laps on the test weekend, and there is a DTM race on the same weekend. Unless there's a lot of private jetting going on.
Ah I see I was hoping he would get a chance since Audi seem to be quite interested in him, and he performed decently last year in DTM. The lineups aren't finalized for this year but then again based on his performance last year it'd be strange to see Audi moving him over to its LM program so soon especially given there are only 2 WEC cars and a boatload of older drivers.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3026456)   #2605
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
There might be a loophole there, last year Jaap van Lagen did not participate at the Test Day and he was a rookie to Le Mans, and he did drive in the race in one of the GT Porsches, I think he was given some kind of dispensation... however, that may have had something to do with the Test Day being in April as well.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3028124)   #2606
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/the-au...uary_6257.html
Audi R18 Hybrid to officially be unveiled on February 29 at Munich Airport
Old 21 Feb 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3028962)   #2607
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some information/speculation in anticipation of the official Audi presentation.

The provisional WEC Sebring entry list gives the following lineup for Audi:
  • #1: André Lotterer, Benoit Tréluyer, Marcel Fässler
  • #2: Allan McNish, Tom Kristensen, Dindo Capello
  • #3: Timo Berhnard, Romain Dumas, TBA
This confirms the rumours that Rockenfeller will not drive the R18 at all, in order to focus on his DTM carreer. What a pitty
Judging from the order of the drivers, Tréluyer will do the full WEC season instead of Fässler.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3028976)   #2608
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Some information/speculation in anticipation of the official Audi presentation.

This confirms the rumours that Rockenfeller will not drive the R18 at all, in order to focus on his DTM carreer. What a pitty
Judging from the order of the drivers, Tréluyer will do the full WEC season instead of Fässler.
But nice to see that Capello keeps fighting
Old 21 Feb 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3029001)   #2609
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think that Dindo wants one last shot at a LM win--or rather wants one more LM win--before he hangs up his helmet for good.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3029003)   #2610
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I think that Dindo wants one last shot at a LM win--or rather wants one more LM win--before he hangs up his helmet for good.
Or at least drive in one last Le Mans
Old 22 Feb 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3029355)   #2611
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
John Dagys guesses that the third driver for the #3 will be Loic Duval: http://twitter.com/#!/johndagys/stat...96963087949824

I hope that he is right because Duval would be worthy replacement for Rocky.

Other candidates for the final Sebring seat could be Bonanomi or Jarvis. However, the fact that Audi does not want to disclose his name before the official presentation, suggests that he is a new driver. So Duval seems the best guess.

Last edited by gwyllion; 22 Feb 2012 at 10:34.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3029543)   #2612
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats happened with Rocky ?
Old 22 Feb 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3029547)   #2613
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Whats happened with Rocky ?
DTM and numerous calendar clashes with WEC.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3029605)   #2614
KlBD
Racer

Quote:
John Dagys guesses that the third driver for the #3 will be Loic Duval: http://twitter.com/#!/johndagys/status/172196963087949824

I hope that he is right because Duval would be worthy replacement for Rocky.

Other candidates for the final Sebring seat could be Bonanomi or Jarvis. However, the fact that Audi does not want to disclose his name before the official presentation, suggests that he is a new driver. So Duval seems the best guess.
There are also date clashes with SuperGT though, namely Spa, Bahrain and Shanghai coincide with SuperGT race weekends in Fuji, Autopolis, and Motegi, respectively...

Edit: oops, my bad, Duval wouldn't be running the WEC season for Audi anyway, since all 6 drivers in their 2 cars are booked...silly me

Last edited by KlBD; 22 Feb 2012 at 20:08. Reason: Written in haste...
Old 22 Feb 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3029610)   #2615
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Toyota is supposedly lobbying to remove those date clashes.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3029626)   #2616
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Toyota is supposedly lobbying to remove those date clashes.

what the heck would toyota gain from that? surely they arent mental enough to let Douval race at Audi right?
Old 22 Feb 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3029643)   #2617
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
what the heck would toyota gain from that?
Because Nakajima is combining Super GT and WEC
See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...88#post3025088
Old 23 Feb 2012, 02:50 (Ref:3029728)   #2618
KlBD
Racer

Quote:
Because Nakajima is combining Super GT and WEC
See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...88#post3025088
Ah, very good point! And I suspect the version of the 2012 SGT calender I was looking at wasn't 100% official, since it was on Good Smile Racing's homepage.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3029779)   #2619
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Only reason why I can see Toyota not having an issue with Duval at Audi would be that Toyota Racing Development (TRD) runs the Super GT stuff while Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) run the sportscar stuff, and it does seem that TMG and TRD are more rivals than collaborators in so far as that they're not directly related--they share a parent company through Toyota, but outside of that, they're pretty much separate, unrelated companies.

Of course, we don't know if Duval will be with Audi this year to replace Rocky--the third driver of Audi #3 for Sebring and the other 3+ entry rounds has yet to be officially confirmed, though both Audi/Audi Sport and Toyota/TMG are lobbying, after 2012 at least, to have better scheduling. Of course, we don't know how that will effect this year, either, as the WEC schedule, perhaps Bahrain aside, is set in stone for now.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3029781)   #2620
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Gerard Neveu was quite clear that the WEC calendar is fixed.
Quote:
When you do a calendar like this, you cannot take into consideration all of the other championships; it's impossible. Some people ask for no clashes with Formula One for the TV coverage. Other say, 'Absolutely no clashes with the European or American Le Mans Series.' After that, some ask, 'Make a big effort to avoid clashes with DTM because we're engaged in that.'
source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-gerard-neveu/
Old 23 Feb 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3029788)   #2621
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
TRD is Japan. TMG is in Europe, and they do collaborate at times. If not, then Nakajima would not have been in SGT or WEC.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3029883)   #2622
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I think that the last time that TMG and TRD worked togther was with the Supra Hybrid car--it was an old Super GT GT500 car (TRD's part of the deal), and TMG supplied the hybrid system.

As far as I can tell, TRD is responsible for Super GT, Formula Nippon, and NASCAR. TMG is currently only responsible for the WEC/LM program. Also, TMG ran the F1 team, while TRD had very little to do with it. Only thing that I can see as a TRD/TMG collaboration is if the next gen Super GT car is a hybrid, since TMG are charged with Toyota Racing's hybrid technology.

To connect to Audi, there is only one Audi motorsports program, which is Audi Sport, which does the sportscar stuff and DTM. In that way, I see it as slightly odd that Toyota uses two motorsports groups for it's programs (though not when it comes to geography).

The only knock that I'd give TMG is not to them, but the structure that they had to work under in F1, the corporate structure that many Japanese efforts worked under that was roundly criticized in recent years.

But to steer this back to Audi, if Duval is to end up at Audi for the WEC, could it be that he's not a "full-fledged" Toyota factory driver, or is there some provision on his contract that might stipulate such a deal as being TRD vs TMG, as they are separate entities? After all, Toyota Racing is TMG under a different name as it's structured now, and TRD and TMG are Toyota owned, so from that stand point, Duval, being hooked to Toyota/TRD though Super GT would be odd.

It's not like when Lotterer was driving for Audi under Toyota contracts in Super GT and FN--and that was when Toyota were rumored to be coming back.

If Duval drives for Audi this year in the endurance races, I wonder how it will be explained by Audi and Toyota, but his seat at Audi hasn't even been confirmed, and someone else can very well end up there. But we'll have to wait at least a week to find out.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3029957)   #2623
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
According to http://endurance-info.com/version2/f...206922#p206922 this week's Autosport confirms the Lotterer/Tréluyer as WEC pairing.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3029965)   #2624
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I must say two things:

1: I don't know French, but the context is there, with or without translation, and

2: I'm not very surprised. We'll probably find out more next Wednesday about other openings and program details.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3030307)   #2625
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Audi has revealed its lineup: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97668
  • Abt: Mattias Ekstrom, Timo Scheider, Rahel Frey
  • Phoenix: Mike Rockenfeller, Miguel Molina
  • Rosberg: Edoardo Mortara, Filipe Albuquerque
So Jarvis has lost his DTM seat. That explains why he is on the Le Mans entry list. Perhaps he will get some more driving time in the R18, for instance as the team mate of Bernhard and Dumas in Sebring and Spa.

Another option is that Jarvis together with Fassler go to one of Audi's GT3 teams, e.g., WRT.