Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 31 May 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1623801)   #1
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amusing story...

So, I was out at Mallory Park on Sunday, shooting for some Formula Ford website...

Get home, download the memory cards, and leave them on the desk.

Tuesday, I have a test to shoot at Snetterton, so Monday night I get all my gear packed, as I function better at night, than first thing in the morning!

I've only got two memory cards now that my microdrive has packed up, so I was a bit worried when I could only find one... much searching later, I decided to give up and look in the morning.

Next morning I had a brainwave, and found it outside, in the bottom of the wheelie bin! What had happened, I had been eating chips at my desk like a slob on Monday, thrown the chip papers into the bin, inadvertantly sending the CF card into it aswell... I then emptied the whole lot into the wheelie bin.

Luckily it was bank holiday, or it would've probably been emptied before I had a chance to retrieve it!

Anyone else got any similar funny stories?
Old 31 May 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1623952)   #2
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Anyone else got any similar funny stories?
Not camera related, but it might raise a chuckle.....

I used to live in a 2nd floor flat, which had 2 different Chubb locks and a Yale lock in the front door. So one night I go out drinking with my brother, and end up hammered, walk home a couple of miles, arriving at my front door, drunk and knackered.

I know now that there was nothing wrong with my door locks, but suspect that in my drunken state I tried to open both Chubb locks with the same key.....it didn't work, so I kicked the door in (normally the frame would be the part to suffer, but as I was heavily into kickboxing at the time, I split the door in 2).

I woke early the following morning, bad hangover, sore feet and with a broken door I hadn't managed to shut properly, and now discover my posh new company mobile is missing too. So I do the smart thing and ring it from my home phone - I can hear it, so I hang up and scour the flat for it, but to no avail. I ring again, and this time wander around the flat, eagerly listening for the sound getting louder, but it takes a while, as after only 6 rings each time it goes to voicemail. Eventually I track the sound to the window, only to spot the phone lying outside on the grass 2 floors down, covered in dew.......a happy ending.......apart from the £180 for the new door, and then a further £30 for a new window when my bro' smashed the old one swapping it into the new door.....

Don't ever ask me to relate the Mondeo bumper tale........I'm still having counselling....

Phil
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1625086)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble
(normally the frame would be the part to suffer, but as I was heavily into kickboxing at the time, I split the door in 2).
We need pictures!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1628616)   #4
Owain Shaw
Rookie

Owain Shaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I once left my media pass for Silverstone on the table at home in East-Somerset.

I travelled up the night before and was going to the track in hope of some atmospheric night-before shots, realised when I got there that night. Had to high-tail it home and back at err ... at speed.

I wasn't amused with myself but, you might be ...
Old 6 Jun 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1628681)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
We need pictures!
The whole episode was far too embarrassing to capture on camera Mike
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1629353)   #6
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there will be many more "amusing" stories after Le Mans.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1629414)   #7
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
I'm sure there will be many more "amusing" stories after Le Mans.
Yes, and hopefully none of them will involve photographers leaving their expensive kit around the circuit, eh Mike?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1629514)   #8
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Pigit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Breaking fences when climbing them hubble.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1629551)   #9
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigit
Or Breaking fences when climbing them hubble.
I was trying not to mention that.....the shame of it......and in front of such a large crowd too...
Old 7 Jun 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1629603)   #10
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Oh! When was this??
Old 8 Jun 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1629923)   #11
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
At Pau at the weekend. I did manage to take out a couple of French people as I went over though. Every cloud and all that......
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1631049)   #12
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At my Aunts wedding, my dad got drunk. So I had to help him get back up to his room. The doors didn't have locks on them, but the had cards that you had to swipe, and then the door unlocks. So while I was searching for the card, I lent my Dad against the wall. But even though he was lening on the wall, he fell forwards, and crashed through the locked door. Talk about security in hotels.....