Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Mar 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3619857)   #1
paul_hailes
Rookie

paul_hailes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cockpits in Open Wheeled Formulas Questionnaire

Hi Guys,

I'm currently producing my dissertation for my degree in Motorsport Engineering. It considers whether head protection system implementation in open wheeled formulas is best for the sport and safety. It would be great to get your opinions on the subject so please take a short amount of time to complete this questionnaire.

https://paulhailes.typeform.com/to/FMp2Mc

Thanks!
Old 4 Mar 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3619859)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This has been pre-approved
Old 4 Mar 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3619868)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go on have a go
Old 4 Mar 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3619881)   #4
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Fubar Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not!
Old 4 Mar 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3619884)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you're missing a few 'none' answers, Paul - e.g. the question about making things mandatory should have an option to not make it mandatory at all.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 07:34 (Ref:3620446)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think you're missing a few 'none' answers, Paul - e.g. the question about making things mandatory should have an option to not make it mandatory at all.
Agree, a point I made in the final section.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3620528)   #7
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Since "None" would be my answer to so many of the questions, I did not complete.

Jim
Old 6 Mar 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3620672)   #8
paul_hailes
Rookie

Hello,

I apologise for the lack of options in some of the questions, i'll be sure to discuss this as a limitation to my research methods.

Thanks for all of your feedback and for completing the questionnaire.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3620680)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A good point to raise in this matter is the added difficulty of extrating a driver with most of these solutions, where the other solutions often provides a risk of lower visibility for the drivers.
Strangely enough the Halo concept carries both, as it make extracting more difficult to do quickly and hinders the drivers sight enough to miss a flag signal, a crashed car or an obstacle on the road.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3620853)   #10
paul_hailes
Rookie

Extrication and visibility is definitely an issue with these systems however Raikkonen said that the visibility wasn't that bad when he tested the system. I guess we therefore have to take his word for it, however I grant you that a driver missing a flag is bound to happen at some point.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3620871)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_hailes View Post
I grant you that a driver seeing a flag is bound to happen at some point.
Fixed that for you
Old 3 Apr 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3629892)   #12
alimcb
Racer

Scotland
Northampton
alimcb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Agree, a point I made in the final section.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I think you will need to apply some post-processing to question 7 in particular to eliminate any responses from people who have made comments at the end.

However, good luck with your project. I studied product design engineering at university years ago, so I am intrigued by the possibilities, even if I am not keen on the overall concept.