Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jan 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3700162)   #1301
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
I think we're saying the same thing here???

Looks to be a great season anyway.

I wonder when we may get some changes in circuits? Mondello would be awesome and maybe the Arena circuit at Silverstone. Slightly more far fetched, how about COW?
Listen to the Alan Gow podcast with Motorsport Magazine. He covers the other circuit and night race questions.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3700171)   #1302
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Howard Fuller != Mark Howard
I'm glad someone spotted my err.. 'deliberate' mistake
Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3700180)   #1303
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
I think we're saying the same thing here???
I may have misread your post - I read it as saying that WSR were the closest to a 'works team', but having read back I can see my mistake.

So to my mind, Team Dynamics seem to be the only team with any real technical support. WSR, 888, PMR and BMR all seem to be a non-technical support situation?
Old 4 Jan 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3700199)   #1304
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surprised that the rumor mill all quiet on the WSR and Motorbase fronts
Old 4 Jan 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3700205)   #1305
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
surprised that the rumor mill all quiet on the WSR and Motorbase fronts
It seems to be the lul before the ASI announcements. Would love to see someone like Jake Hill in one of the Motorbase cars!
Old 4 Jan 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3700212)   #1306
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I may have misread your post - I read it as saying that WSR were the closest to a 'works team', but having read back I can see my mistake.

So to my mind, Team Dynamics seem to be the only team with any real technical support. WSR, 888, PMR and BMR all seem to be a non-technical support situation?
Why do you think Team Dynamics get technical support from Honda ? The only thing Honda "could" have any involvement in is the engine. And that is actually built/tuned by Neil Brown Engineering. (the same as the BMW engine)
Old 4 Jan 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3700218)   #1307
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kieran Gallagher looks like he may be in the frame at Team HARD. Put up a post on Facebook suggesting he is back in a Passat.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3700257)   #1308
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why do you think Team Dynamics get technical support from Honda ? The only thing Honda "could" have any involvement in is the engine. And that is actually built/tuned by Neil Brown Engineering. (the same as the BMW engine)
Not true, 'technical support' also extends to sharing CAD data which helps with developing the shell. Instead of having to perform their own strength testing, TD can use Honda's own data to see where the shell needs reinforcing when fitting the roll cage.

I'm pretty sure Jason Plato mentioned that in the MG's second season they benefited from additional support from MG including CAD data which helped them improve the chassis and aero.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3700270)   #1309
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Kieran Gallagher looks like he may be in the frame at Team HARD. Put up a post on Facebook suggesting he is back in a Passat.
I didn't see that coming, looks like Kieran & Tony have kissed and made up!!!
Old 5 Jan 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3700273)   #1310
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Barry Plowman refers to the type of help they get in this article.

'Help from the factory in the early stages is welcome and means less real time building, with computer work coming first, “Honda are very good to work with, quite a modern company. There is a fair bit of support comes out of the factory when it comes to data that we can work with, CAD drawings etc.”'

'when a bonnet is needed with the striker mechanism in it or any other panel that maybe doesn’t need a certain bracket or fixing, it’s simply left off as the part progresses down the production line.'
Old 5 Jan 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3700275)   #1311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It's full of enough hash-tags to be HARD related!
Old 5 Jan 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3700277)   #1312
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's full of enough hash-tags to be HARD related!
Yeah did have a chuckle when it appeared on my FB feed last night, hes always been a bit like that anyway
Old 5 Jan 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3700284)   #1313
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If true, that means no Jake Hill at HARD... gives us more hope that he will end up at a top team!

I'm guessing / hoping that he will be alongside Jackson at Motorbase with Aron Taylor-Smith.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3700285)   #1314
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

More stickers added, nice to see the sponsorship $$$ in the BTCC.

https://twitter.com/Motorbase/status/816964214480863232
Old 5 Jan 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3700296)   #1315
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
If true, that means no Jake Hill at HARD... gives us more hope that he will end up at a top team!

I'm guessing / hoping that he will be alongside Jackson at Motorbase with Aron Taylor-Smith.
What about Dan Lloyd? He knows the team and was blindingly quick this year in that Honda...
Old 5 Jan 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3700301)   #1316
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
What about Dan Lloyd? He knows the team and was blindingly quick this year in that Honda...
Or Jack Clarke, and there are a lot of quick drivers in Clios; I would love to see any of them with a drive!

However Hill and Smith have driven with Motorbase before so they would be my guess.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3700310)   #1317
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Motorbase going for a young talented driver, they've always been prepared to do that and it could be any of the names mentioned. Jake Hill would be the best option IMO
Old 5 Jan 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3700317)   #1318
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about Cook or Sutton? They've both shown their strenght and MG hasn't confirmed any drivers yet.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3700331)   #1319
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see Motorbase going for a young talented driver, they've always been prepared to do that and it could be any of the names mentioned. Jake Hill would be the best option IMO
There have been rumours on here that both Goff and Turkington will be moving teams too.

If so they would be good candidates for Motorbase as well in terms of driving ability... if they can get the budget.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3700353)   #1320
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next Thursday will see the second Motorbase driver revealed.

"Thursday morning will witness livery unveilings by Andrew Jordan – who will remove the wraps from his new Pirtek-branded BMW 125i M Sport – Rob Austin and AmD, while Motorbase is set to reveal the identity of the driver who will pilot the second of its three striking Shredded Wheat-backed Ford Focuses."

http://www.btcc.net/2017/01/05/btcc-...international/
Old 5 Jan 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3700364)   #1321
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post

"Thursday morning will witness livery unveilings by Andrew Jordan – who will remove the wraps from his new Pirtek-branded BMW 125i M Sport – Rob Austin and AmD, while Motorbase is set to reveal the identity of the driver who will pilot the second of its three striking Shredded Wheat-backed Ford Focuses."

surprised at the fact there is only one driver announcement but i do look forward to see all those cars unveiled 2017 looks to be better than last year .... Bring on Brands
Old 5 Jan 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3700391)   #1322
plater99
Rookie

plater99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if Kelvin Fletcher has a drive for next year?
I know few people were skepticial about his credentials, but I geninually believed he showed some promise last season. He showed good pace in free pratice getting quicker and improving, he was just very unfortunate he couldnt string this into great race results, although often this was due to other factors outside his control due to some careless driving at the back of the field.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3700405)   #1323
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by plater99 View Post
Does anyone know if Kelvin Fletcher has a drive for next year?
I know few people were skepticial about his credentials, but I geninually believed he showed some promise last season. He showed good pace in free pratice getting quicker and improving, he was just very unfortunate he couldnt string this into great race results, although often this was due to other factors outside his control due to some careless driving at the back of the field.
I think his options are fast running out, if it's his intention to return. I've not yet heard anything about his plans for this year, rumours or otherwise. I'm trying to think where he could fit in, maybe the second seat at AMD?
Old 5 Jan 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3700426)   #1324
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
There have been rumours on here that both Goff and Turkington will be moving teams too.

If so they would be good candidates for Motorbase as well in terms of driving ability... if they can get the budget.
Goff back to BMR and Turkington back to WSR?
Old 6 Jan 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3700476)   #1325
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post

Noticed that since you posted this, Rob's name has been removed from the original article. There's now just a gap between "BMW 125i M Sport" and "AMD". Last minute deal fell through or name taken off as not to 'spoil' the 'news'?

Anyway, looking forward to ASI!