Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4164056)   #1401
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Public bar at bridge end whereas main end was off limits with ACO wristbands but I did use the facilities via the heras fencing gap. Sure it was accessible last year but pre-booked for start and finish of race
Old 25 Jun 2023, 07:52 (Ref:4165254)   #1402
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Parking Blanc...

I have a suspicion Parking Blanc, as a name, may be gone forever, renamed as Parking Ouest.
Old 25 Jun 2023, 08:34 (Ref:4165257)   #1403
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think we'll ever see it back available for the great unwashed.....
Old 25 Jun 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4165354)   #1404
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blue Park missing me... It was free for the Test Day and practices last years.

Maybe next year, the organization will be a bit different. I think there will be fewer crowd ; maybe the former organization of parks will be back ?
Old 25 Jun 2023, 17:20 (Ref:4165371)   #1405
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't personally think the crowd will be much smaller next year. Yes, it won't have the cachet of the 'Centenary' but we will have yet more hypercars + VR. I'm still expecting 300k+ and I can't see blanc or bleu being open again to us for at least a few years, if at all.
Old 25 Jun 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4165383)   #1406
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Surprised nobody complains about toilets. Did you find any in working order?
Old 25 Jun 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4165390)   #1407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah plenty. The ones in T17/T18 were lovely.....
Old 26 Jun 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4165519)   #1408
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ours on the campsite were good as usual, but on saturday the massive queues at the fanzone at one end caused the ACO to open our loos to the general public, whilst annoyed at the lack of security when i saw the vast amount of people waiting to use them in the searing heat i had to admit there was no choice really
Old 26 Jun 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4165525)   #1409
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It always helps if you have khazis in working order and it's probably to be expected that more will be open to everyone over the weekend. With so many fans on a big circuit, there's no choice as you say
Old 30 Jun 2023, 04:21 (Ref:4165905)   #1410
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Parking Blanc...

I have a suspicion Parking Blanc, as a name, may be gone forever, renamed as Parking Ouest.
To elaborate, entry is now at the main 'Bleu' entry gate beyond the big plastic chicane and is called 'Parking Ouest Annexe', to distinguish it from the other car parks in the 'Bleu' zone. I do agree that it'll most likely be retained for 'Staff Parking' during the main event, but it's certainly a fully operational ticketed public customer car park for The Classic, just no longer numbered.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4165909)   #1411
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah plenty. The ones in T17/T18 were lovely.....
So we have the name of the stisfied customer! You know that in Belgium they use several languages, one being close to ours. One joke is: do you know why Belgians say toilet when French say toiletS? Just because in France you have to visit a lot to find and acceptable one!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4165931)   #1412
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, I learned some years ago that the ACO facilities under T17/T18 are worth a significant part of the membership fee......
Old 30 Jun 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4165992)   #1413
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Timing info on foyer good too. Especially at Classic last year when schedule slipped and big screens carry very little coverage or timing info on the Friday.

Deck chairs are good too.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4165998)   #1414
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Timing info on foyer good too. Especially at Classic last year when schedule slipped and big screens carry very little coverage or timing info on the Friday.
It is, but those screens are a bally nuisance when you have 7-8 people standing around them and you're desperate to get past to the loo......
Old 3 Jul 2023, 04:15 (Ref:4166452)   #1415
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I've neither seen nor heard anything on here or elsewhere, but may well have missed it, so apologies if I have.....

The grapevine at The Classic revealed (in a manner suggesting it was already common knowledge, which maybe it is) that by the time we all rock up at the circuit next year, the La Chappelle member's enclosure will be a new permanent bricks and mortar building (clubhouse?), not the collection of temporary structures we have now. I've seen no plans and I have no idea of the scale of the structure, but this is apparently 'a thing'.

There was also the suggestion of further membership tiering, the implication being that the ACO see membership as being a cash cow which is currently underexploited. I didn't like the inferences, so let's file that under 'wait and see'.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4166492)   #1416
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
I thought that was in the plans last August - I thought they were going to do that on outside of track as would be a lot more use for 49 weeks of the year with easier parking access

Trees and relatively open space at La Chappelle including the shady bit with the screen are a big part of the appeal to me.

The basic membership at the moment costs ACO money as discounts on 2 tickets means if same member then buys campsite pitch they are quids in.

Also virtually all 2023 tickets on general sale were at early bird rates.

GE week tickets are bargain for motorsport - even more so for other events (e.g. 2024 IOW festival early bird £209 including a £19 (10% rip off booking fee!)
Old 3 Jul 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4166493)   #1417
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
It’s a shame so much good track access inside the permanent track part is lost/wasted. Noticed big area by Maison Blanche with just corporate support stuff for Ferrari and others (but no viewing ) from support race paddock just south of new Porsche bridge until second part of Porsche curves. All pretty empty as walked down track after podiums etc
Old 3 Jul 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4166494)   #1418
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-for-2023.html

Para near end mentions clubhouse with timeline then unclear
Old 4 Jul 2023, 03:50 (Ref:4166614)   #1419
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-for-2023.html

Para near end mentions clubhouse with timeline then unclear
Thank you, the cat was already out of the bag then!

Have to say I agree with your comments about the existing La Chappelle set up, and they've improved it year on year. It's a nice little oasis tucked away from the throng, perfect for when you need to take a break for a few minutes.

Let's see what they replace it with then...if indeed it happens this year.

And what's the latest on the redevelopment of the pits? Plan abandoned because they've run out of money?
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4166650)   #1420
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

And what's the latest on the redevelopment of the pits? Plan abandoned because they've run out of money?
Those plans are already 4+ years old. I remember deciding to have one last 'fling' in T34 in 2019 and wondered back then whether there would still be a T34 to sit in because of the news.....
Old 15 Oct 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4181631)   #1421
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mulsanne to Arnage resurfaced

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...t-le-mans.html