Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1498713)   #101
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome, CARacer!
Old 10 Jan 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1498818)   #102
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ya, fairly sure Matsuura and Sharp will be back.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1499085)   #103
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to read that Michael Andretti will be running the #1 at Indianapolis.

Why is Wheldon not running it at Ganassi?
Old 11 Jan 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1499107)   #104
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think because the entrant has the right to the number, so the only other guy who really could have had it was Dario but Mike wants it for himself - fair enough really.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1503274)   #105
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Panther has just ate a bullet.

EVERYTHING MUST GO!

http://www.keyliquidators.com/panthervideo.html

People keep saying Panther is going to run one car, but I don't see how if you sell off all of your equipment down the coffee machine, 2 transporters and 8 cars.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1503353)   #106
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only four of those cars are competition-ready Dallaras that are current IRL specs...

two are show cars, anothr is a 1991 Lola with a Buick Turbo and the other is a Van Diemen formula SCCA chassis...

I don't know how many chassis they actually have in their shops...

But they said they were going to auction off the gear that they did not need so that they would still have enough gear and such to run one car...

At least that is what John Barnes said in December...

That may have changed since then...who knows...

BTW...they are selling the four competition Dallaras separately....

Wonder if any of it has a reserve on it???

I would assume that it would...

I'll wait and see what comes about in the coming weeks...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Jan 2006, 03:29 (Ref:1503513)   #107
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouch, I believe Panther is a scratch.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 03:38 (Ref:1503517)   #108
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine there would be a reserve, but it's definitely a buyer's market.

Watching the video and reading the auction list, it seems apparent that it's a total liquidation, unless they are going to run a car off the back of a pickup truck.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 03:58 (Ref:1503523)   #109
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Interesting to read that Michael Andretti will be running the #1 at Indianapolis.

Why is Wheldon not running it at Ganassi?
It seems Wheldon got gobs more cash to mane the move...AND...better shot at F1 testing in very short order...can't blame him. Too many American race fans STILL think Danica Patrick won last year's Indy 500. Dan deserves a better environment with more potential - he's the real deal.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1503530)   #110
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoigh
.better shot at F1 testing in very short order....
I can't see how switching teams helps his F1 aspirations at all. I don't think F1 testing is on the cards, unless he dumps the irl completely and makes the move. No F1 team will seriously consider him otherwise.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1504299)   #111
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless I somehow missed it....

Nowhere in that video did it say "Everything Must Go"....

I also compared the auction list to the video...only one transporter trailer was listed as up for auction in the list...

Not that it matters...

Old 19 Jan 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1504478)   #112
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoigh
It seems Wheldon got gobs more cash to mane the move...AND...better shot at F1 testing in very short order...can't blame him. Too many American race fans STILL think Danica Patrick won last year's Indy 500. Dan deserves a better environment with more potential - he's the real deal.
I meant why Wheldon couldn't run the #1 at Ganassi, he won the drivers championship afterall. Was there even a Teams Championship to allow AGR to keep the number?
Old 19 Jan 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1504547)   #113
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
I meant why Wheldon couldn't run the #1 at Ganassi, he won the drivers championship afterall. Was there even a Teams Championship to allow AGR to keep the number?
Yes, and an entrants championship too and I think the number #1 goes to the entrant
Old 20 Jan 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1504968)   #114
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Unless I somehow missed it....

Nowhere in that video did it say "Everything Must Go"....

I also compared the auction list to the video...only one transporter trailer was listed as up for auction in the list...

Not that it matters...
Agreed, "everything must go" is not used, but that is the logical conclusion one would come too after viewing the video and auction list.

Assuming they are going to run one car, my question would be with what and how? Why bother too, going 1 car up against 3 and 4 car mega teams. Doesn't seem like a competitive chance to me. The only driver you're going to get to drive the car is some washed up old boy that wasn't worth a crap to begin with.

I don't know how many current dallara's the team has, but why wouldn't they keep another 1 or 2 of the ones that are up for auction? What happens if your driver goes to the first race and cannonballs the car into the wall and it explodes like a dinner plate hitting the floor? To me it'd make sense to have that extra chassis around, as that would probably be cheaper than to have than to source a new car.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1505131)   #115
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
If you look back at the article that was on Speed, John Barnes addressed this, mountainstar..

He said that he had plenty of gear that he could sell, yet still have what was necessary to operate a one-car team....that would obviously include a backup car...

also remember that Panther actually ran a 3-car team at Indy last year...so they could see 4 cars and still have two that are race ready to compete with this season

Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1507978)   #116
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some announcements from yesterday:

IndyCar - Paul Dana, Ethanol Ink Rahal Letterman Switch

IndyCar - Super Aguri Fernandez Racing Confirms Matsuura

Infinity Pro Series - Brian Stewart Racing announces its 2006 three-car line-up
(Wade Cunningham, Brett Van Blankers & Geoff Dodge)

On a side-note, the open IndyCar test at Phoenix gets underway today.