Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:05 (Ref:185619)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LM Teazer

There has been some discussion of a quiz forum and a number of subscribers posing teazing questions and so on elsewhere, so I thought I would give it a go. Inevitably, it is about Le Mans. I'm starting easy with this one....

Which driver at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours made all of his previous appearances in the race with the same two co-drivers?
Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:13 (Ref:185624)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one of the questions on your web site. To be honest it stumped me then, it still has because I cannot find ANY driver pairings over two years.

I can only think that my referances are not correct, maybe due to driver changes or that there is a trick in the question. If you could give a clue in what class, or if it is over several classes the answer might be found.

SL
Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:28 (Ref:185629)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well spotted SL. Even my Brazilian correspondent (who got all my other quiz questions spot on) couldn't get this one. A clue. OK. I'll give you two.

1. He has made threeprevious appearances at Le Mans, and

2. One of his co-drivers this year is the son of a former European Touring Car Champion.

Now that's a real giveaway!!

By the way, it's not a trick question.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:42 (Ref:185635)   #4
SL
Veteran

The Beltoise name springs to mind but does not seem to work, so there must be another !

I must go and search the ETC championships. I do have 1 name in mind but I cannot confirm at this stage 2001 LMP675 ?

SL
Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:53 (Ref:185641)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. No-one in LMP675. Were you thinking of Yojiro Terada? (As my Brazilian friend suggested). True, he did drive with the same team mates (Katayama and Yorino) on 4 occasions, and with two others (Freon and Downing) on 3 occasions, but, with 21 previous drives to his name from 1974, he obviously didn't drive on each of those 21 occasions with the same two team mates.

The answer is much simpler, actually. If you think I am being very sneaky and picking some largely unknown gentleman driver, you couldn't be more wrong. You'll kick yourself when you realise who I mean!

In fact, it's so straight forward I've had to go back twice to my info to check it to make sure I haven't made a silly mistake!

If no-one gets it by, say, 10 posts, I'll give you a third clue!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Dec 2001 at 21:54.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 22:08 (Ref:185654)   #6
SL
Veteran

!

OK this will take some research, if I get it you buy me a beer at Tetre Rouge 2002, if I don't I'll get you a beer !

Give till Monday 22:00 GMT.

Current thinking is on Van de Poelle for some reason. I was thinking the same team but maybe not.

SL
Old 13 Dec 2001, 22:14 (Ref:185656)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're on!!

(By the way, to put you out of a little of the misery, surprisingly, Eric has never had the same two team-mates in any of his previous 6 races).

The same team reference is very......interesting......!
Old 13 Dec 2001, 22:45 (Ref:185666)   #8
SL
Veteran

Did all three drivers actually race ?

I have found 1 possible but 3rd driver did not start as car retired. requires further checking but is a start.

Do you know haw much beers are at Tetre Rouge bar !!! I only drink Grande Stella

SL
Old 14 Dec 2001, 07:52 (Ref:185782)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, this is not intended to be a cryptic answer, but to the best of my knowledge, the man in question and both of his team mates all drove in all of his previous appearances at Le Mans. I can't be 100% certain of that because I don't have details of the stints they did in those races, but from what I do have, I think I can say (virtually) categorically, yes, they all drove. Although one of them was replaced during one of the races, if my memory serves me right!

There - there's another clue for you!

By the way, my initial question did not presume they all raced -

"Which driver at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours made all of his previous appearances in the race with the same two co-drivers?"

But you're reading more into it than I intended!

And yes, I know how much those beers are!!
Old 14 Dec 2001, 09:20 (Ref:185794)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A good place to find out this information is @

http://user.tninet.se/~aiq291w/

It is a complete list of all the results of our beloved race.
Old 14 Dec 2001, 17:17 (Ref:185889)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
A good place to find out this information is @

http://user.tninet.se/~aiq291w/

It is a complete list of all the results of our beloved race.
I'm sure Stefan will appreciate the plug, rd. (I've referred to his info myself on several occasions!).

But, have you found the answer?
Old 15 Dec 2001, 18:29 (Ref:186251)   #12
SL
Veteran

OK Aysedasi,

I give up, spent a few hours this afternon on it to no avail. I now have to go out Sunday and so no time left. I have tried all the listed ETC winners and names do not work unless Stefan has made a speeling mistake and the search did not work. I double checked with programmes but they are not really reliable enough.

I was tempted to go with the GM team as they list all drivers for all cars, there is also the Hezeman route to follow, he did not drive in 2001, but he did enter a car.

See you at Tetre Rouge !!

Simon
Old 15 Dec 2001, 18:45 (Ref:186254)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You know what it's like SL, when you switch the lights off and go to bed, and then lay there thinking, did I switch the kitchen light off? It gnaws at you so that, even though you know you did, you just have to get up and go back downstairs to make sure!

That's how I feel with this! As it seems to have turned out to be anything but easy, I have gone back to my "source" to make sure I'm not making an idiot of myself (!) and no, I'm sure I'm not.

Let me rephrase the question and add another clue.

This driver, who took part (i.e. yes, he did race) at Le Mans in 2001, has raced there three times before. In each of those races, his two co-drivers were the same people. In one of those races, another driver also did some stints in their car. And how about this for the final giveaway clue, all of his previous three drives were in the same make of car.

That's two clues. So as not to rob you of that beer (!), I'll even give you another one. Go to my homepage and have another look!!

As far as the reference to one of his two 2001 co-drivers is concerned, I'm relying on ACO info for that. That's what the info says, - the son of a European Touring Car Champion. Even more than that, a multiple European Touring Car Champion! Touring Cars aren't my particular bag, so if that info is duff, I'll blame the ACO!!
Old 15 Dec 2001, 18:58 (Ref:186262)   #14
SL
Veteran

All points to Ralph Kelleners and team but that is not correct. I will have to go though my lenthy notes to prove it, he was an early first choice though as well as Theys.

Simon
Old 15 Dec 2001, 22:43 (Ref:186324)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Toine Hezemans son , Mike is it? Toine was European TC Champ wasnt he? Who does Mike drive with, that Dutch family the Bleekemolens. Father Bleekemolens raced F1 for a short while.
Old 16 Dec 2001, 09:10 (Ref:186415)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're very close, SL. Now just apply a little bit of lateral thinking.......

Old 16 Dec 2001, 21:30 (Ref:186650)   #17
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it seems to me that it has to be a porsche driver if he raced the same marque four years running.......... or it's one of the chrysler boys!
Old 17 Dec 2001, 01:47 (Ref:186720)   #18
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like Johnny Herbert to me.
Mazda 1990/91/92 - DNF, 1st, 4th respectively
Team-mates Volker Weidler and Bertrand Gachot each year, plus Luis Perez Sala in '92.
The ETC link is Ralf Kelleners whose father Helmut was joint ET Champion in 1980/81/82.
Moral is - read the question carefully. Aysedasi didn't say the driver in question had the same co-drivers this year, only on his three previous appearances.
Happy Christmas everyone and see some of you in the Sarthe in June!

Old 17 Dec 2001, 13:56 (Ref:186890)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Kpy wins the beer!! And he's right, I said nothing about the driver having the same co-drivers this year or driving the same marque this year. I did distinguish particularly between his previous drives and his co-drivers this year!!

Incidentally Kpy, I had always thought the substitute Sala in the Mazda in 1992 was Maurizio Sandro Sala and not Luis Perez Sala?
Old 17 Dec 2001, 14:37 (Ref:186900)   #20
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops! I was too slow. The easiest way to find the answer was to look through the Entrants Book for this years Le Mans, nicely lists all previous appearences with co-drivers, etc. Not sure how you would normally get hold of this, unless you are a member of the ACO Club 24. Without looking it up I
was thinking Frank Biela (not quite right though).

ciao
Mike
Old 17 Dec 2001, 19:28 (Ref:187037)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
The easiest way to find the answer was to look through the Entrants Book for this years Le Mans
Quite right, Mike. It's a mine of use(ful)(less)* information!

(*Delete as appropriate).

Anyone want another one - perhaps a hard one this time?

Old 17 Dec 2001, 21:00 (Ref:187062)   #22
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Incidentally Kpy, I had always thought the substitute Sala in the Mazda in 1992 was Maurizio Sandro Sala and not Luis Perez Sala? [/B]
Yes I think you're right. My information came from Stefan Ă–rnerdal's normally very accuate Le Mans Register, which I found last year on the links from your own excellent site. Perhaps we'd better tell him.
I'll still have that beer though and not at 3.00am on the Sunday!
Hope to meet up in June.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 21:01 (Ref:187064)   #23
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes please, I enjoyed getting frustrated
Old 17 Dec 2001, 21:24 (Ref:187066)   #24
SL
Veteran

Well done, caught me out well and truely. I did not even look any further than Herberts web site were it just lists 91 & 92, I was really looking at ex team mates of the ETC winners.

Never mind. I'll try another when your ready.

SL

PS Congratulations on the promotion by the way, sir. Forum Moderator indeed, now I know why you can afford those beers.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 07:05 (Ref:187200)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Strangely enough Simon, no-one has mentioned any money.........