Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2000, 12:25 (Ref:46356)   #1
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it seems that Adrian Reynard is trying to hoof out the boy Craig and take over the BAR team. Do we think that this is a good thing?? Will it stop BAR being a British Ferarri and running their team around one driver? Opinions please...
Old 2 Nov 2000, 12:43 (Ref:46360)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From what I saw last year, I could say ANYONE is better than
Mr. Pollock ! Come in Adrian...
Old 2 Nov 2000, 13:06 (Ref:46368)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you bononi, anyone can do better thanwht craig did last year,it wasquitean embarassment for everyone on BAR. And poor Jaques, he has topaythe consequences,but it was his choice.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 18:33 (Ref:46400)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BAR, in its current configuration cannot last forever. Reynard and Honda have deep associations, BAT will sell-off its interest in the team when the Tobacco ban inevitably is imposed by the FIA. Pollack wants to position himself to reap whatever profits he can when he is eventually forced out. My guess is that within two years there will be a Reynard-Honda Team, JV will be drivng elsewhere, and Craig Pollack will be skiing in the Alps.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 18:56 (Ref:46402)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
[...]BAT will sell-off its interest in the team when the Tobacco ban inevitably is imposed [...]
Ahem... I think that BAT will be THE tobacco company who will have advertisment... untill then they will make sure that every smoker in the world knows that BAR stands for BA(T) Racing...
Old 2 Nov 2000, 19:17 (Ref:46403)   #6
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this infightings between management and drivers...if BAR carries on doing it they will land up like the Prost team.
And I think JV will leave with Pollock if Reynard takes over.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 21:09 (Ref:46429)   #7
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is. Reynards has a proven record in other series, whereas Pollocks record has hardly set the world on fire.

Honda are not in this game to muck about, and will want to see decent results sooner rather than later.

In short I thing that BAT will last a little longer than Pollock but not much. As for whether Jaques will leave. I guess he will have to ask himself whether he is in the game to win, or to be friends with Pollock.
Old 3 Nov 2000, 12:12 (Ref:46531)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Pollock clearly got that job because he was able to bring his "best friend" along as a selling point for a new team, not because of his ability to manage a racing team. Does anyone really believe that if Jacques dumps him and gets a real life, that any team in the world would hire Pollock as a stand-alone?

If i were he, and thank God I am not, I would take the money I am offered and get out before I am thrown out by people who care more about racing than partying and will spend the budget on the cars, not on toilet seats.