Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Aug 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2938897)   #1
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 Hours of Barcelona - Catalunya, Spain - 23rd, 24th and 25th of September

Website
Entry List
Timetable

Compared to the 12 hours of Hungary the entry list looks much stronger, plus there's three entries from Australia, including the Mal Rose Commodore.
Old 12 Aug 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2938909)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
That does rather look like fun...
Old 12 Aug 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2938917)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I maybe shouldn't say this on the sportscar and GT-forum, but I like how little true GT-cars are entered for this. Everybody expects Schubert to pull this off, but if they can't, it will really be WIDE OPEN between the Cup-Porsches, Silhouettes and the big BMWs!
Old 13 Aug 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2939106)   #4
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schubert will clean up. Any news on their drivers and the VDS Racing Adventures Mustang.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2939198)   #5
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Schubert's driver line up for that one isn't all that strong with Patrick Söderlund, Marko Hartung, Jörg Vieban and Lars Stugemo... no Hürtgen, no Werner.

As for the Mustang, that one will be driven by Raphael van der Straten, Benjamin Bailley, Julian Schroyen and Jose Closé...
Old 15 Aug 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2940094)   #6
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where are most of these entries racing currently?

I recognize a few VLN teams but most are Dutch (Supercars, GT4?) and locals.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2960003)   #7
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Porscheman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On this weekend should be a good race
Old 24 Sep 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2960309)   #8
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Duncan Huisman takes class pole for Hours of Barcelona

Duncan Huisman has qualified in second place for tomorrow's 24 Hours of Barcelona, and fastest in class in the Equipe Verschuur Renault Mégane, with Tom Coronel qualifying the team's second car in fifth place.

The Spanish endurance race starts at 12pm CET tomorrow, and features several touring car regulars and teams throughout the field.

Former ETCC and WTCC competitor Duncan Huisman came close to snatching pole position from the GT3 class BMW Z4 of Edward Sandström, but had to settle for second in his Renault Mégane Trophy run by Eurocup team Equipe Verschuur, 0.390 down on Sandström's best lap of 1:52.082.

The time was good enough for the class pole in SP2 however. Starting right behind the No.10 Mégane is the Hungarian built and entered Brokernet Silver Sting of Bovi motorsport, with former LADA WTCC driver Jaap van Lagan on their team of drivers.

WTCC stalwart Tom Coronel, sharing with Jeroen, Pieter & Bas Schothorst as well as his older brother Raymond Coronel in the No.9 Renault Mégane of Equipe Verschuur qualified third in class and fifth overall, 2.5 seconds down on Sandström's time.

SUNRED have entered two cars in the event. The leading car, under the banner of Move Racing by SUNRED, qualified sixth and features former WTCC driver Jordi Gené on the team.

SUNRED's second León Supercopa, driven by Pepe Oriola, Marcos de Diego, Michael Kovlovskiy and Franciso Gil qualified in 13th place, and fourth in the A3T class.

WTCC squad Zengö Motorsport have also entered a SEAT León TFSI with a quartet of Hungarian drivers which has qualified in 22nd overall and seventh in the A3T class.
Full Result
Old 24 Sep 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2960330)   #9
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full circuit TV pictures (looks like they are piggy backing the CCTV) along with multilingual commentary http://www.justin.tv/circuitcat#/w/1812446144

live timing & news feed http://live.24hseries.com/
Old 24 Sep 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2960357)   #10
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 hours into the race. No surprise to see the Schubert BMW Z4 is dominating up front - already a lap clear of the Besaplast Porsche cup & the Renault Megane trophy cars.

The A3 turbo Seat leons are putting in a good show with Clairet & Sunred fighting with the Backdraft Lambo over 5th place.

Saker is well inside the top 10 as well - which is stunning.

and in true European sportscar race tradition, the commentators keep switching to truely hateful pop music.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 02:17 (Ref:2960544)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
and in true European sportscar race tradition, the commentators keep switching to truely hateful pop music.
That music is so bad! Not surprised to see Schubert 7 laps in the lead, its a shame no one can stick with them in terms of outright pace. I like these lesser known 12/24hr races like Barcelona, Silverstone, Sepang, Hungaoring, there's just something about them that really appeals to me, but I cant put my finger on it. And we have our own Bathurst 12hr which is being promoted by Creventic too.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 06:52 (Ref:2960558)   #12
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That music is so bad! Not surprised to see Schubert 7 laps in the lead, its a shame no one can stick with them in terms of outright pace. I like these lesser known 12/24hr races like Barcelona, Silverstone, Sepang, Hungaoring, there's just something about them that really appeals to me, but I cant put my finger on it. And we have our own Bathurst 12hr which is being promoted by Creventic too.
You might enjoy this one too.
http://www.speedcasttv.com/nasa/#/races/234
Old 25 Sep 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2960608)   #13
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=6782
Quote:
Schubert Motorsport holds comfortable lead in Barcelona

The BMW Z4 GT3 of Need For Speed Team Schubert leads the 24 Hours of Barcelona by 8 laps after the first nine hours from the Brokernet Silver Sting of Bovi Motorsport, with the Coronels/Schothorsts Equipe Verschuur Renault in third. The GT3 specification BMW Z4 is also dominating the A6 category, with its nearest rival, the Lamborghini Gallardo of Backdraft Motorsports, 19 laps down in ninth place overall.

The SP2 class is being lead by the Hungarian Bovi Motorsport team and is running second overall. The team's Brokernet Silver Sting is just two laps ahead of the sole remaining Renault Mégane Trophy of Equipe Verschuur driven by Renault Mégane Eurocup regulars Jeroen and Bas Schothorst and WTCC driver Tom Coronel with his brother Raymond.

French SEAT Supercopa squad Team Clairet Sport are leading the A3T class in fourth overall, 13 laps down on the leading Schubert BMW, with Jean Marie Clairet, Matthieu Cheruy, Julien Piguet and Max Goff sharing driving duties.

After the nine hour mark, the only official retirement is the No.10 Renault Mégane of Equipe Verschuur which had started second on the grid. The car was being driven by Luc Braams, Rick Abresch, Alex van 't Hoff, Duncan Huisman & Danny Werkman but retired with a mechanical problem after just 76 laps.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2960684)   #14
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Website
Entry List
Timetable

Compared to the 12 hours of Hungary the entry list looks much stronger, plus there's three entries from Australia, including the Mal Rose Commodore.

Can't believe there are so much Renaults and not a single Pug
Old 25 Sep 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2960723)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Except maybe in France is there a Peugeot one make series like the Renault Clio Cup in Europe?