Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Feb 2003, 11:34 (Ref:506337)   #1
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
msport mags

I know there's nothing much happening as it's off-season, but the coverage of the lower levels of msport has tailed off in the big two - MN and Autosport. These mags seem to be all about F1 and the big stuff, and I'd like to read more about the local sport - the uk stuff, F3, renault etc. There IS a lot going on but it gets brushed aside in these mags. Is there scope for a mag that deals solely with uk motorsport - is there a magazine or site that does already? Or am I just too much of a trainspotter?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 11:38 (Ref:506342)   #2
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a thread in Trackside a few months back about InGear Motorsport magazine. That focuses on club racing and sprints/rallying amongst other stuff. I think it's exlcusive to WH Smiths, but I'd recommend looking out for it. It's monthly, costs about £3-odd and isn't printed on the bog paper that Autosport uses
Old 14 Feb 2003, 12:41 (Ref:506424)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Thruxton yesterday sitting my writtene exam to get my licence back and a bloke from InGear Motorsport magazine was taking pictures of the ARDS course for an article... so yes very grass roots!!
Old 14 Feb 2003, 12:49 (Ref:506432)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ive posted on this subject before elsewhere. I've been a subscribed to Autosport for nearly 18 years, but I've got sick and tired of it since it changed to The F1 and Schumacher Adulation Weekly.

Just a question now of getting arounbd to cancelling the subscription - after all there's little or nothing in it these days that you can't pick up on the web anyway.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 18:31 (Ref:506752)   #5
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone please make a decent online magazine - without F1(yawn)!

I would subscribe ;-)
Old 14 Feb 2003, 19:28 (Ref:506808)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
opps posted in wrong section

Last edited by jase; 14 Feb 2003 at 19:31.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 19:58 (Ref:506844)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Ingear' has great photography.I hope it will survive as it is a great grass roots mag and these things do tend to come and go - such as 'Historic racing' a few years ago.
My fav though is MotorSport - great articles, rare old photos and a place to learn of the long history of our sport.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 20:53 (Ref:506903)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a freind of mine used to print that magazine ( Motorsport )!.....it was great , as he used to drop me in free copys of it well before it went on sale .....top notch !

I agree about Ingear , great magazine ...just hope people carry on supporting it .
Old 17 Feb 2003, 12:57 (Ref:509448)   #9
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a look at in gear at the weekend, and it's good, but all the mags seem to be skipping the main british championships like f3, renault ff and so on - these are big championship, and produce f1 stars as well as having lots of british kids involved. In gear doesn't seem to cover it, and autosport misses a lot of stuff.

It's hard to find a reliable, central source of info on these championships.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 13:15 (Ref:509470)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm with Andrew, MotorSport is a very fine publication. Perhaps I should swap my subscription to that??