Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Apr 2017, 05:10 (Ref:3729590)   #1
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Serious Fraud Office

Article on ITV News suggests the SFO is having a busy week. First Football and now F1 to be investigated. I wonder if an ex employee or someone in a spot of bother with authority has blown the whistle
Old 28 Apr 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3729624)   #2
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Sounds like it's regarding certain payments agreed to in the most recent Concorde Agreement(signed in 2013). I'm almost willing to bet money this'll end up going nowhere(not saying the payment is a good thing, just that it'll end up being too ambiguous to prosecute).
Old 28 Apr 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3729625)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Passing any criminal investigation to the SFO is akin to burying it. The SFO's prosecution record is abysmal, and it's investigations take far too long, resulting in some of their cases becoming time barred.

I wouldn't expect much difference with this issue.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3729627)   #4
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The FIA is not supposed to have a commercial interest, but were paid £3.9 million plus a 1% stake in F1 back in 2013. Coincidently, the same year Jean Todt was re-elected as FIA President.

Jean Todt must've asked Sepp Blatter for some advice on how to be re-elected.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3729673)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would this then be connected to the FIA approving the sale to Liberty and as a result realizing a sizable gain on selling its 1% stake?
Old 28 Apr 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3729685)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope this doesn't ruin the promise Liberty have got for us. Hopefully nothing will happen
Old 29 Apr 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3729920)   #7
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Passing any criminal investigation to the SFO is akin to burying it. The SFO's prosecution record is abysmal, and it's investigations take far too long, resulting in some of their cases becoming time barred.

I wouldn't expect much difference with this issue.
All this will achieve is to spend a lot of public money, make some lawyers and accountants even wealthier and then produce no findings. I find this hard to believe it is sufficiently in the public interest to warrant an SFO investigation.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3729948)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
quite possibly the vertically-challenged one stirring the sh1t out of spite....
Old 30 Apr 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3730023)   #9
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Wheres the Sweeney when you need them?.Regan and Carter would give these villians a jolly good blagging.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3730034)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the SFO has got to do something, with very little fraud or corruption taking place in the UK why not investigate F1, foreign travel and great events to visit sure beats looking at pension fraud or criminals taking money from innocent people
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3730046)   #11
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Wheres the Sweeney when you need them?.Regan and Carter would give these villians a jolly good blagging.
Sweeney meets Aurthr Daley
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3730103)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Never good optics having an entity called the "Serious Fraud Office" snoopin' around your kit. But then again, the optics weren't great when your ex-CEO bought his way of out of stint in the nick.