Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3607439)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gold Cup

HSCC Bank Holiday meeting, includes STCC, Jaguar Classic Challenge and HGPCA grids
Old 15 Aug 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3665727)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Soon will be August bank holiday weekend.... Where has the summer gone.

If all goes to plan 70s Roadsports will include an 'invitation' entry, as the new owner of my Jagermeister RS2000 has pursuaded HSCC to include it. One did race with them years ago, but was eventually eased out as deemed a saloon. At least this car is road legal and MOT'd, so fills that criteria! (Said new owner also races a Mini in ByBox. )
Old 15 Aug 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3665808)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are going for all three days, hope it's drier than our last visit in '14.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3665934)   #4
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have entered:

Brabham BT 2 in HFJ rear
DRW in Guards

i remember the rain....

RE
Old 18 Aug 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3666325)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis..._Park_2016.pdf
Old 18 Aug 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3666348)   #6
brands
Veteran

Entry list has also now appeared: http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...old_Cup_V1.pdf
Old 18 Aug 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3666377)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a rather nice addition to the Derek Bell field for this meeting.

Not been seen in the UK for a few years AFAIK and now with a very recent new owner.

An almost perfect colour for you brands!
Attached Thumbnails
1280px_JB_Test_Donington_2016-08-11_ONED4820.jpg  
Old 19 Aug 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3666520)   #8
RickT
Rookie

RickT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

We will be there, Dad is giving the Willment BRM its first outing for many years. He first raced this car at Oulton back in the 70s, will be great to have our favourite car back on our favourite track !

We are running in Guards SR so please drop by and say hello !

Cheers
Richard Taylor
Old 27 Aug 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3667912)   #9
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
There is a rather nice addition to the Derek Bell field for this meeting.

Not been seen in the UK for a few years AFAIK and now with a very recent new owner.

An almost perfect colour for you brands!
It's quick as well
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3667997)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
It's quick as well
Does seem to be according to the qualifying results. Mind you, pipped to pole by the F2 March which seems to be a little speedier through the 3rd sector.

The new live timing and results sheets from MST this year are a great advance from previous years and make thing much more interesting - especially when sitting at home pontificating from one's "armchair"!

Old 28 Aug 2016, 23:35 (Ref:3668260)   #11
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was huge accident in the first lap of the Guards Trophy involving the Willment and the Ginetta, both cars look terrible.

i hope the drivers are ok

RE
Old 29 Aug 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3668339)   #12
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
There was huge accident in the first lap of the Guards Trophy involving the Willment and the Ginetta, both cars look terrible.

i hope the drivers are ok

RE
Both drivers walked away. The car sat on it's side looked scary.
I caught sight of the blue car on the grass and the red one catching it, pushing it into the barrier.
Much relief when the marshals aided the driver out.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3668866)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

If all goes to plan 70s Roadsports will include an 'invitation' entry, as the new owner of my Jagermeister RS2000 has pursuaded HSCC to include it. One did race with them years ago, but was eventually eased out as deemed a saloon. At least this car is road legal and MOT'd, so fills that criteria!
Seems entirely sensible. Don't think that the 70s Roadsports grids have been too impressive in recent years so might as well open out the eligibility criteria somewhat.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3668899)   #14
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have around 9 minutes spare you might like to watch this. Me starting at the back of the HRS grid due to a gearbox failure keeping me out of qualifying . CCK Historic sourced one and got it to Oulton Park during Saturday and I was out racing first thing Sunday morning. A heroic effort by CCK, thank you.
I ended up 7th out of 24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3GRO_oFPk
Old 1 Sep 2016, 12:13 (Ref:3668908)   #15
RickT
Rookie

RickT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

Thought I ought to post an update after our weekend didn't quite go to plan....

Thank goodness that both Dad and George were ok after their huge shunt, thanks go to all of the marshals and medical staff who were so quickly on the scene and did such a marvellous job of getting everyone out and into the medical centre so efficiently and offering such excellent care and attention.

Dad is a bit stiff and sore but his left hand is looking a bit the worse for wear after the Ginetta rolled across the top of it on the steering wheel.

The car chassis and suspension escaped remarkably well, the aluminium bodywork however is looking very second hand. Work is now underway at pace here in the workshop to effect the repairs in time for Goodwood next weekend !!!

Cheers
Richard Taylor
Old 1 Sep 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3668916)   #16
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
If you have around 9 minutes spare you might like to watch this. Me starting at the back of the HRS grid due to a gearbox failure keeping me out of qualifying . CCK Historic sourced one and got it to Oulton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3GRO_oFPk
What a superb bit of video, well done.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3669266)   #17
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian,
Great film clip - and not just for your drive through the pack ! I never get to see what the Chev looks like on the track and now you've filmed it for me - good pass, also.
Nick
Old 4 Sep 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3670041)   #18
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Ian,
Great film clip - and not just for your drive through the pack ! I never get to see what the Chev looks like on the track and now you've filmed it for me - good pass, also.
Nick

Thanks Nick. See you at Brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3670059)   #19
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
What a superb bit of video, well done.
I'll second that for the driving though I was a bit confused about how the engine cover blew off twice!

I assume the physics of a parallel universe was in play ....

Or a software bug.

Or both.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3670308)   #20
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/gp/dwh38/35i208

Some snaps from Monday including the occasional TNFer in there ...
Old 5 Sep 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3670310)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant phots. Thanks.