Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2991282)   #1001
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Direct quote: "@ SkySportsF1 Sorry, the channel will not be coming to Freesat or Freeview." So that's clear if nothing else.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2991283)   #1002
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here are the races the BBC intends to cover next year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/15893254.stm
Old 25 Nov 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2991294)   #1003
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Only highlights package for races BBC does not cover live.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2991301)   #1004
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
busy with the announcements front I see, Sky 1st the BBC and after this race more news from Sky
Old 25 Nov 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2991309)   #1005
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Some pretty poor venues on the BBC schedule. Good job the racing in general has been livened up a bit.

They aren't showing the first race live either! That was always the best thing about the recent F1 seasons in the UK - having to get up at an unearthly hour in the morning for your first 'fix' of a new season of F1.

It's looking a bit bleak is F1 on the Beeb for next season. Can't imagine what the following season will be like.

Still holding off for that special pre-season SKY F1 deal.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2991310)   #1006
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Direct quote: "@ SkySportsF1 Sorry, the channel will not be coming to Freesat or Freeview." So that's clear if nothing else.
thanks for that. oh well, bad luck sky. lost a chance at a customer here.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2991312)   #1007
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Some pretty poor venues on the BBC schedule.
Really? Seems we are getting a pretty representative mix.
I suppose we are missing Hungaroring.
It has Spa, Interlagos, Silverstone and Monaco in the ten they are going to show.

They look like they are showing the last race?
Old 25 Nov 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2991321)   #1008
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It has Spa, Interlagos, Silverstone and Monaco in the ten they are going to show.
They could be worth watching. Not sure yet if they'll also be worth listening to.

Brundle and Croft to SKY, they say.

Quote:
They look like they are showing the last race?
All well and good if Red Bull find some competition.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2991324)   #1009
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glass half empty.
Frankly why would you watch any of it? F1 is boring. Glass empty.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2991330)   #1010
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Glass half empty.
Quote:
Glass half empty.
You've made your point.

I will be watching it, probably on SKY (check poll). I was just thinking of the growing number of people in the UK who won't be able to afford to watch it any more.

And if you look at my average rating for each of this seasons races, you will find that it's pretty high.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2991339)   #1011
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
SKY: "The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels."

Can I assume from that statement that F1 will be available free to those who have SKY HD, but who do not have SKY Sports 1 or 2?

Emphasis on the word 'or' in that statement.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2991345)   #1012
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They aren't showing the first race live either! That was always the best thing about the recent F1 seasons in the UK - having to get up at an unearthly hour in the morning for your first 'fix' of a new season of F1.
Getting the fix....yeah that's the main reason I know for a fact that I'll be watching on SKY. I'm too far advanced in my addiction to wait for highlights or watch a stream so I'll be paying for SKY.

Personally I dont understand why F1 doesnt offer the same sort of package that MotoGP does with their subscriptions. €100 for the HD package for the full season. I think a lot of people would use that instead of subscribing to SKY if the option was available to them.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2991351)   #1013
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Was Bernie Vision a better deal than SKY is offering? I remember reading about it at a friends flat in Turin some years ago...
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2991355)   #1014
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least i have been warned of channel numbers changing thanks to the Sky F1 things.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2991358)   #1015
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
SKY: "The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels."

Can I assume from that statement that F1 will be available free to those who have SKY HD, but who do not have SKY Sports 1 or 2?

Emphasis on the word 'or' in that statement.
Yes. Having the HD package or Sky sports 1 and 2 both qualify for free access to the Sky F1 channel, you don't need both.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2991360)   #1016
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Was Bernie Vision a better deal than SKY is offering? I remember reading about it at a friends flat in Turin some years ago...
We had to get and pay for Sky (£40 per month for the total package) and then pay extra for Bernievision. £6 per GP weekend or £50 for the season from memory.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2991368)   #1017
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
IIRC the £50 was introduced mid season for the remaining races.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2991383)   #1018
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are joking#!??!?
Old 25 Nov 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2991390)   #1019
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No, I can't remember how many races that covered, but I think it was at least half the season.
I think it was a tenner each race and then they did a subscription service. I don't remember £6, but I may be mistaken or that might have been a special offer.

It was so outrageous I filled in an online petition.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2991399)   #1020
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Yes. Having the HD package or Sky sports 1 and 2 both qualify for free access to the Sky F1 channel, you don't need both.
Well, that is good news!

At least it is for me.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2991409)   #1021
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the start of the Bernie Vision season I remember complaining to Sky about the lack of a season ticket. And the ludicrous cost.

They introduced one when most people had already lost interest.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2991413)   #1022
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like the BBC got the poor race choices as they only got Spa of the better races after the ones they were originally down to show.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2991415)   #1023
brands
Veteran

It appears it was £12 a race weekend and the £50 was a special deal for the last 6 GPs.

I know we got Sky put in for the Brazil GP, as it was held at Easter so we could watch all 3 days. I seem to remember picking a couple of other GPs and then the £50 deal at the end of the season.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2991450)   #1024
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Aren't they being a bit OTT with SSF1-HD? I can't see much evidence of a wild surge of new subscribers even among hardcore fans.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2991487)   #1025
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
It appears it was £12 a race weekend and the £50 was a special deal for the last 6 GPs.
Iirc , i paid £10 per weekend and it was £50 for the last 8 races.

Tags
outrage, sky