Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Mar 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2150063)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
F1 Spotters Guide now available. [UPDATED 18/03/08]

The F1 Spotters Guide is now available here- http://www.spotterguides.com/

Last updated :- Version 2, March 18th - Livery changes for Super Aguri, Ferrari and Force India

This is a free downloadable PDF or JPEG. The PDF contains vector art, so its scaleable to infinity!

Thanks to Ten-Tenths, SEATCupra.net and Radio Le Mans for their support with this little project

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 18 Mar 2008 at 23:03.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2150325)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks a lot, mate !

I'm sure our forumers will flood the site
Old 12 Mar 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2150362)   #3
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great job Andy, thanks! No doubt it will come in handy in the early hours of Sunday morning when my mind won't be at its sharpest
Old 14 Mar 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2151716)   #4
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow thanks Andy! Top job! I'm really becoming a fan of your guides.

By the way, I don't know whether you knew or not, but the two cars of each team are distinguishable by the colour of the 't-cam' on top of the airbox. The first numbered drivers (Raikkonen, Heidfeld, Alonso, etc) have a red flash on top, whilst the 2nd numbered drivers (Massa, Kubica, Piquet etc) have a yellow flash. Just an idea but maybe this could be incorporated into the guide somehow, as an additional way of identifying the drivers. Just throwing an idea into the pot, not criticising!

Looking forward to seeing the others when they're done, we appreciate your efforts.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2151746)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
We were originally going to do this, but the teams hadn't used this in testing, so it was hard to predict. not quite sure how I'm going to impliment this now though.

Will be an updated guide for Malaysia with updated liveries for SuperAguri, Force India and some smaller changes across other teams.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2152067)   #6
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
...The PDF contains vector art, so its scaleable to infinity!...
Works well on plotter at work ... A0

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 00:39 (Ref:2152089)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Works well on plotter at work ... A0
good, the beauty of vector art

I tried it at A2 to make sure it was OK. Will be pinned to the garage wall at some point
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2153789)   #8
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Put it on my wall today.. Will take a pic sometime after I have cleaned my desk hehe. I dont know if you know but I noticed now only Adrian Sutil's helmit visor sponsor is sliglty out of place.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2153860)   #9
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
LOL! Force India's mechanics didnt pay enough attention when fitting it
Old 16 Mar 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2154108)   #10
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC, that 't-cam' color difference is actually mandatory...
Old 16 Mar 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2154125)   #11
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
OK So semi clean desk.. It makes my screens look tiny...

http://www.sepree.com/odds/SpottersGuide.JPG

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2154418)   #12
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Very nice work andy, love ya work

Also really cool to see on the predictions thread with the winners

Last edited by NAC; 17 Mar 2008 at 07:47.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2155672)   #13
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Hi everyone!

The Spotters Guide has been updated and Version 2, ready for Malaysia, is now on-line at http://www.spotterguides.com/

A few livery changes (Force India, Ferrari, Super Aguri, Williams). I've also added a colour key around the number panels to signify the Camera T-Bar colour for drivers 1 and 2.

Future changes to the guide will occur when a) significant livery changes, b) driver change or c) team name change happen.

BTCC Spotters Guide should be online mid-late next week, ready for round 1, with the ALMS following week.

EDIT:Just to make it more noticeable !

Last edited by Bononi; 18 Mar 2008 at 23:45.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 06:26 (Ref:2156244)   #14
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So in the game of spot the diffrence

Williams
Addition of "All Saints" Sides behind front wheel
Addition of "AT&T" side air box

Force India
Grey to red sides

BMW Sauber
extra "Intel" side pod

Super Aguri
White to red
No "Four Leaf"

Ferrari
Letterbox stripes

Anything I missed?? Again mighty fine work there andy
Old 19 Mar 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2156280)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
You have caught most of it....

SA was a full livery change, so Pioneer disappeared as well.
Lenovo added to Nakajima's helmet
White Bridgestone badge on sidepod of Williams
Eithad on Ferrari barge board (very small )
Corrected visor strip on Sutil.

Updated RLM logo and colour bands around number panels.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2163055)   #16
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I'm probably being dumb here, but the V2 PDF I downloaded won't let me print it out. The document properties say printing is disabled, in fact security says it is password protected. Using Acrobat 7.0.9.

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2163581)   #17
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yes, funny you should say that. We discovered that issue earlier today. My mistake. A new version should be online on the main www.spotterguides.com site Friday, but you can also access it HERE , in the mean time, on one of the other partner sites.

Sorry about that. I'll be the sack

Last edited by andy_b; 28 Mar 2008 at 05:29.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:23 (Ref:2163645)   #18
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH
I'm probably being dumb here, but the V2 PDF I downloaded won't let me print it out.

The PDF updated and corrected on www.spotterguides.com, so you can download the PDF there and print! Sorry about that.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2163702)   #19
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff again this year Andy, thanks for that.
Old 22 May 2008, 13:38 (Ref:2209065)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
It seems there were still some printing issues with the pdf version of the guide so we've reset the security and the updated guide (still with SA!) is now on the site. Sorry about this.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2220201)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent stuff and images, Andy. I'm greatly impressed.