Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 28 Oct 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1445686)   #1
jonrat
Rookie

jonrat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Davison to Race at Eastern Creek

[SIZE=3Will Davison will be racing at Eastern Creek. He has a hell of a time in qualifying in Portugal with an extinguisher blowing up in his car and barely being able to post a decent time. In the sprint race he was knocked out by the Chinese driver but fought his way brilliantly back to fifth. Later on his tyres wore down in a big way and he had to give up 5th to finish the feature race in 6th position.
With Will power committing to the indy series in Mexico, Will will be flying the flag for Australia. Having competed against Nelson Piquet of Brazil before I am sure he knows what to expect fomr the best so it will make for some very interesting racing.
All the best to Will and hopefully he can come out with a win on home soil![/SIZE]
Old 28 Oct 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1445708)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Will is in with a serious chance of at least a podium in this race
Old 28 Oct 2005, 07:27 (Ref:1445755)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I would think Will is a big shot at this round.

out of the whole field I can only think of 3 of them who have driven at Eastern Creek before so that has to be an advantage (the 3 are Will Davison , Christian Jones and Alex Yoong)

so out of that I think we can safely assume that Will would be driving this weekend allthough Jones has a shot i guess of at least improving because of track knowledge.

Yoong will probably drive instead of fauzy for malaysia because of track knowledge (that would make sense at least).

possibly Matt Halliday for team NZ has experience here as well but im not sure and maybe Jonny Ried as well.

Ok so there are a few that have been there before and I just shot my theory to pieces LOL

carry on
Old 29 Oct 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1446523)   #4
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would presume both NZ drivers would know the track as both have raced in Australian championships.

I think top drivers only need a few laps to learn a track however so Lapierre, Piquet, Jani, Speed et al will have no problems by the time qualifying comes around.

Good luck to you Aussies though, second would be good to see next weekend.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 05:35 (Ref:1446531)   #5
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that I read on a thread on these pages that Will Davidson will be driving for the reason of the series.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 30 Oct 2005, 03:17 (Ref:1447211)   #6
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find that quite a few of the top drivers have Eastern Creek experience after several drivers, including Piquet and Parente, tested yesterday.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 03:55 (Ref:1447221)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well I didnt know the guys were testing here this week LOL
Old 30 Oct 2005, 05:47 (Ref:1447246)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With any luck the track will be a pain to set up for as per usual, like with the V8s, hence giving team AU an advantage
Old 30 Oct 2005, 06:34 (Ref:1447264)   #9
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alan Jones was on a Sydney radio station this morning saying, whatever driver is the fastest out of Will Davidson & Christen Jones they will get the drive.

Fingers crossed that it is Will Davidson.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 30 Oct 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1447325)   #10
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequel
I think you will find that quite a few of the top drivers have Eastern Creek experience after several drivers, including Piquet and Parente, tested yesterday.
don't think so there has been a historic touring car meeting all weekend
Old 30 Oct 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1447948)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Oh good so my theory is back on then
Old 31 Oct 2005, 05:12 (Ref:1448058)   #12
MadMarty
Rookie

Australia
Sydney,Australia
MadMarty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a list of supports for EC this weekend.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1448091)   #13
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supports are Formula Ford, Formula 3, Historic racing cars & GT & Porsche cup. Program available on Eastern Creek website, www.eastern-creek-raceway.com
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1448185)   #14
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
don't think so there has been a historic touring car meeting all weekend
Actually, Sequel was right.

A few Australian F3 teams were out and about giving drivers a run on Saturday. Piquet, Parente and Duran ran Team BRM cars, Bashir and Shaaban from Lebanon had a run in a Swiss Racing Team car. The Chinese were also there, and Piccola also had some laps going.

South Africa also did some running the F4000 Reynard formerly owned by Ricky Occhipinti. I say formerly, as I believe they have bought it.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1448196)   #15
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats against the rules drivers are not to test at said track b4 event ?

I thought the 2005 muscle car was on both days but it was only on Sunday
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1448209)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not against the rules.

The A1GP cars can't be tested outwith official tests - drivers can do as they wish
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1448241)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ahhhhhh tricky boys , getting some experience in F3 and F4000 cars , I like the idea im sure they loved turn 1 but hated the rest of the track LOL
Old 2 Nov 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1450849)   #18
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is between Will Davison and Christian Jones then I have complete confidence in Will being quicker than Christian.

Given the quality of drivers in Australia I don't think Christian should even get a chance.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1450887)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's something piquet has always done, got in some crafty track time before the event. the only thing you're rarely allowed to do is get the drivers in the current series car for a test during the school year

let's not turn this into a jones is pants and everyone else isn't discussion. it's been done, people.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1450934)   #20
bocster
Rookie

bocster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeh Alan Jones was on sport tonite last nite and said he would give whoever is quicker on Friday the car for the race. I think it was just a nice way of saying "im giving Will the car". He also said that some people have been giving him a hard time about favoritism towards his son and that he couldn't afford favoritism. So i guess he knows people are talking . Will will only be driving for the next 6 races though before he has to go and they have left the door open for Will Power to race the last two. I was one of the people giving AJ a hard time about letting CJ race in Germany. Looking back though, he didnt have many choices ,both Power and Davision were unavalable so he only had CJ at his disposal. I also think that CJ isnt as bad as he looks. Some blame must go to the team. remember that Will was a good 2 and abit seconds off the lead group at Port and if it wasnt for some smart work around the saftey cars he probably wouldnt have made the top 10