Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Dec 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3178332)   #26
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I just got really turned off of this game due to the steering settings. Not sure why they messed about with it so much. I just can't get it right.

Whatever I have it set up to, seems to change next time and not feel right at all. It's either way, way too sensitive or understeering like hell.

Selby
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3179939)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just found out some other interesting stuff

I was playing on intermediate, using an HRT. This was fine, I was leading the series after some early season and wet wins, then towards the end of the series you have to pick a championship rival for some pathetic reason.

And staggeringly (irony mode) you suddenly cant get anywhere near the top ten anywhere, what a surprise!

So, I just skipped session right the way to end of year in a fit of (why do programmers move the goalposts the stupid little twerps) and moved to Caterham for next year, whil also upgrading the difficulty.

Well, even more pathetic. Cant qualify any higher than 18th anywhere unless Monaco or wet and in races you start well, they are all pathetically cautious first lap and I get up to around 10th, then you are just a sitting duck, you can never get away before the DRS zone and you never get the chance to use it.

Have to say I suppose its realistic, but you cant get results to get a beter car, so you are alwyas in rubbish cars, wht on earth are they trying to prove with this rather silly game?> That you cant ever use a good car?
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3179941)   #28
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr brother and I have found it hard to find the right difficulty level in coop mode. We ended up playing on Intermediate (which is way too easy if you qualify), choosing a mid-pack car (this year is the Force India), not qualifying, and not being allowed to pass anyone on the first lap. After the first lap, as soon as you cross the line, it's game on to see how far you can progress without copping a penalty, losing a wing, or running off the road.

It's kind of silly that we have to do that, but it makes the racing as challenging as possible for us while still being vaguely possible of achieving a fun result. Using this, though, we just love it and have a great time. It's got real flaws but we find the fun in it.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3180625)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I've just started playing this again (and, yet again had tonnes of issues with the handling despite the fact it saved my last set-up... really odd), and it's a bit more fun than I remembered.

But I agree wholeheartedly that the jump from Intermediate difficulty to Hard is too much. I just want something in between. They need to introduce sliders, I think.

Selby
Old 21 Dec 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3180709)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I managewd to finish 13th in a Caterham at Lembourne on Pro, but had a queue of about cars behind me that just culdnt get past
I have found that the reason I was getting beat by HRT's is that I drive fof them the year before and finished high up in drivers and makes points, so their car performance goes up as a result!!

The bad three teams now are Caterham, Marussia and Rosso!! Hilarious, its all about cars not drivers it seems
Old 21 Dec 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3180744)   #31
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
its all about cars not drivers it seems
Sounds pretty realistic to me
Old 21 Dec 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3180849)   #32
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all of the faults and bugs absolutely ruined this game for me, so it got traded in (£16 for a 2 month old game shows you how well it's done) for NHL 13. I'll stick to Forza 4 thanks! it's not perfect but at least you can have a good race!
Old 21 Dec 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3180912)   #33
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
all of the faults and bugs absolutely ruined this game for me, so it got traded in (£16 for a 2 month old game shows you how well it's done) for NHL 13. I'll stick to Forza 4 thanks! it's not perfect but at least you can have a good race!
Surely NHL13 has to be the most unrealistic game of them all! Playing hockey this season is unrealistic lol.... As if there is going to be any NHL hockey this season...

I am guessing you have to leave the game locked in the case and just sit with it once every two weeks and refuse to open it.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3180970)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
£16 for a two month old game is about right tbf because Xmas sees most game prices slashed anyways.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3181057)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Indeed, CEX were selling SECOND HAND copies of Black Ops 2 for 38 quid.

I am sure there must be some breaking of a law there, a second hand game for the same price as retail.

Utterly pathetic
Old 22 Dec 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3181071)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Call of Duty games hold value for ages due to the volume they sell.

It is outrageous selling that price second hand though. Especially nowadays when paid online access codes drive down resale values as well (perhaps CoD doesn't have codes though, I don't play it myself. It's cack.)
Old 22 Dec 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3181075)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Indeed, CEX were selling SECOND HAND copies of Black Ops 2 for 38 quid.

I am sure there must be some breaking of a law there, a second hand game for the same price as retail.

If buyers are willing (or should that be stupid enough) to pay it........
Old 22 Dec 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3181119)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Indeed Ayes, I remember going there once to find Red Dead when I really wanted it! It was same as retail price!

I ended up leaving and finding it cheaper in Bluckbuster, not a bit cheaper either!! over a tenner
Old 22 Dec 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3181139)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you want something bad enough, you pay what's being asked. We've all done it.....
Old 22 Dec 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3181149)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I simply cant these days! Cant justify being ripped off to that extent!

Imagine the profit they make at places like CEX! Must be astronomical!!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3181150)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. We used to have a tiny CEX in Southampton - it was called something else when they first started - now they have a huge store on two floors.... Loadsmoney!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3181189)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well think about it, you buy a game for 40 quid, they give you 25 max on trade in, then sell it for 40!

Easiest money you have ever made!

OK some stuff in there is cheap, old games and box sets etc, but have you seen the price of phones!!! Its insane!

AND THEY ARE ALL EFFING USED
Old 22 Dec 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3181238)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The game shops actually lose a lot of money with used games though. You can understand them trying to sell them more expensive as people either just buy games cheaper used or download for free.

It hits game developers big time as well, hence the implementation of online codes.

A shame really, as I like picking up used games but it is an inevitable problem for the industry.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3181243)   #44
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Not as much of a problem as piracy and torrenting,

Cmon man gaming is now the biggest entertainment industry in the world!

A movie costs maybe 10 to 15 quid of your money, a CD 1 tenner

A game is 40 quid!

Blizzard charge you 12 quid a MONTH to play WOW and are one of the most profitable companies on earth!

I have little sympathy to be honest, does it take more people to make a game than a movie?? COD BO2 took over a billion in a week! Give up lad
Old 23 Dec 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3181328)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

For a select few publishers, such as EA, it is fine.

We're talking about the numerous developers here, many of which have been driven out of business. This is through a combination of piracy, used games market and the fact that customers don't seem to want originality, just the same games churned out year after year.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3181384)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It depends what theya re developing

There are plenty of magnificent games on Steam that cost ery little and are even free, some of the indie stuff is simply superband can keep you going for months!

People developing sims are always going to struggle because on PC its very much now a pay to play market, on consoles its different, but in reality consoles are only likely to provide good arcade racers, rarely a good sim
Old 24 Dec 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3181663)   #47
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think F1 2012 is a massive improvement on F1 2011, which was a bit of a let down after the phenomenally good F1 2010. If anybody wants to add me on PS3, it`s: Colindaman
Old 6 Apr 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3229948)   #48
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
OK, have come back to this after a few months and am enjoying playing a bit online!

But it is rather tricky to get a dcent race without rammers and idiots, especially if you are trying to level up as I am

Am currently on level 40 but have been up and down a bit due to a few stupid races where you get penalised and stuff for nothing.

Is there a secret to levelling up easier, I don't find myself overly quick in this game, which I usually am on sims, I only have 5 wins, and they were damned hard to get!

I think racing with AI is often good because your expected position is often a little lower, but sometimes you are on grid with a load of level 40+ and your are trying to finish 3rd! And these guys are total, complete and utter aliens that are a second plau a lap faster than you!

Bloody hard online this game, and in most of the time trials aI can usually get within the top 500 or so worldwide times, but online I so rarely get in a server when I am quicker than everyone, really, really hard game

I reckon part of it is most servers run with aids on, I never do and you get lots of warp coz it isn't very well regionalised