Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Jan 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1209790)   #1
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exercise Bikes for PS2

I'm thinking about getting an exercise bike for my ps2 in order to stay healthy. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have one? Are they any good?
Old 25 Jan 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1209810)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whatchutalkinbout, alesi95?
Old 25 Jan 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1209833)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

You get exercise bikes that plug into your PS2/XBOX/PC and you can pedal instead of hitting the accelerator. It'd be great for Moto Gp3.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1209847)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alternatively, you could get a bike and go out in the fresh air!

Although I realise you are located in Scotland, so the weather may be constantly scuppering that plan!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1209857)   #5
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good for cycling games aswell
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1209859)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't help thinking it would only really work well with a cycling game.

I couldn't imagine peddaling to make a GP bike accelerate. It'd be unnerving to say the least.....
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1209864)   #7
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats what i though about a motorbike game on PS2 using the cycling bike
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1209870)   #8
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
guess you have to see it to believe it hehe

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1209877)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'd say throttle control with that method would be a tad difficult.

Alesi, I fear you'd be wasting your money on this. How much is it? Bet it costs a flippin' fortune!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1209943)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Alesi, I fear you'd be wasting your money on this. How much is it? Bet it costs a flippin' fortune!
Further research sez yes.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1210223)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Buy a mountainbike and a waterproof poncho!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1210482)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An exercise bike for the PS2......

Come on, its surely not 01.04.05 already.............?
Old 26 Jan 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1210536)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like alesi got one already! Didnt know he was so sexy! HAHA

http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/...eoracer-GB.asp

Hmm looks a bit silly to me

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1210538)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
£148 just for some pedals?
Old 26 Jan 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1210563)   #15
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
silly idea if you ask me, who plays computer games to stay fit.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1211341)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Alesi 95, you silly, silly boy. Tut-tut......

It's a bit much for some pedals. Notice you have to provide the seat and you still have to use the controller at the same time. So what exactly are the pedals controlling then?
Old 27 Jan 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1211434)   #17
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Its all in the mind You will THINK you are getting fit even when eating your LARGE bigmac and coke infront of the PC

Pedddle Pedddle Pedddle Pedddle Pedddle

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1211477)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was considering a Reebok cyberrider - these connect to the ganes and you gofaster by peddling harder etc - however my physio says I need a cross-trainer so I'm waiting for the cyber-rider version of that.