Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Feb 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3801291)   #101
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's for German Formula 4.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3801292)   #102
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ma-Con is back in F3 European with Julian hanses!
Old 15 Feb 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3801469)   #103
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any idea if he's their only driver?
Old 15 Feb 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3801561)   #104
eden
Rookie

eden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry but after working in motor sport for 50 years I can assure you that allowing teams to run multi cars is guaranteed to destroy a series, I believe the FIA are happy with this as possibly the new F3 series will have the top GP3 teams and the few teams from FIA F3 ...but it will be restricted as to how many cars teams can run
Old 15 Feb 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3801578)   #105
Formulahistory
Veteran

The problem: If there weren't teams which ran 4-6 cars, the grid would be very poor with just 10-15 cars...
Old 15 Feb 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3801590)   #106
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eden View Post
Sorry but after working in motor sport for 50 years I can assure you that allowing teams to run multi cars is guaranteed to destroy a series, I believe the FIA are happy with this as possibly the new F3 series will have the top GP3 teams and the few teams from FIA F3 ...but it will be restricted as to how many cars teams can run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
The problem: If there weren't teams which ran 4-6 cars, the grid would be very poor with just 10-15 cars...
therein lies the problem, doesn't it?

i agree that teams running more than a certain number of cars per series (3 seems plenty in modern f3) isn't good for the mid-term future, but it's not falling apart because the teams are running 4-5 cars instead of 3. it's falling apart because almost all the teams running 4 cars are having to do so at less than a break even budget, and without a sugar daddy bankrolling the team it's not sustainable.

it is a massive shame there aren't more teams though. it'd be a real shame for f3 to cease to exist in anything other than a euroformula style spec beyond this season.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3801626)   #107
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
3 cars+ where are you getting your thoughts on breking even, making profits or loss bella? If you run a team, I believe you have to push for full payment/per weekend inc. potential damage. I understand what you are saying, but... I believe that is why RR, Fortec, T-Sport pulled out, they need to make a profit to run sustainable business. I also understand the Markelovs, Gelaels, Grubmuellers, Mazepins and Strolls of junior formulas........ they banktrolling teams to help their offspring to get a reasult... I do understand, but that happens every so often, and after you still have to run the business.

FIA, or whoever runs F3 should only allow max 4 cars per team, that's what NASCAR did, no more.

@Formulahistory how can you say that if Prema hasn't had 5 drivers, Carlin six the car count would be poor? It would not, I stand by what witnessed, I'd rather send my son/client to a Fortec two car team, than being underfinanced driver in at Carlin. Getting further in motorsport, F2/IL/SF/...ICS/.../F1 means you need more money than success in lower formula.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3801689)   #108
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
3 cars+ where are you getting your thoughts on breking even, making profits or loss bella? If you run a team, I believe you have to push for full payment/per weekend inc. potential damage. I understand what you are saying, but... I believe that is why RR, Fortec, T-Sport pulled out, they need to make a profit to run sustainable business.
realistically i haven't a clue at all. logistically you'd want at least 2, but 5 is three truck levels of expensive. plus the staff numbers get a bit out of control. iirc f3 is particularly hard to break even with, what with the whole marginal gains thing? one car certainly isn't financially sustainable unless a team is involved in more than one series and can spread the overhead costs around a bit, if only for the european travel costs. it's not too bad in the uk.
Quote:
I stand by what witnessed, I'd rather send my son/client to a Fortec two car team, than being underfinanced driver in at Carlin. Getting further in motorsport, F2/IL/SF/...ICS/.../F1 means you need more money than success in lower formula.
i'd do it by the engineer - does he get on with the engineer he'll be working with. what can they teach the driver? on the price they're offering me are they really going to be able to afford to keep up with lifing etc. do they own or rent their hq, are they running in other series and trying to use my budget to pay for a team bosses pet driver, etc. it's not about the team name. it's the quality of engineer and the amount of money being spent on the car.

the right team for the situation changes, relevant to what's going on. from what i've seen it depends what a driver wants out of their career, and what kind of a reputation they need to build.

but i'm sure i'm just stating the obvious there

Last edited by bella; 15 Feb 2018 at 21:52.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3802796)   #109
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Another Petrov in town... http://www.vanamersfoortracing.nl/ne...ort-racing.htm
Old 21 Feb 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3802859)   #110
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I believe Mawson tested all winter with F3 squads, and he just jumped the ship... turned up at Arden in GP3. I believe that leaves Karkosik, Benyahia, Defourny and Vaidyanathan on virtual entry list.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3804653)   #111
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is Ma-Con running one or two cars?
Old 1 Mar 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3804898)   #112
Formulahistory
Veteran

No word about a 2nd car up to this date.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3804996)   #113
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe Mawson tested all winter with F3 squads, and he just jumped the ship... turned up at Arden in GP3. I believe that leaves Karkosik, Benyahia, Defourny and Vaidyanathan on virtual entry list.
We can drop Defourny even so I expected him to race F3 as well... He will do another year in FR2.0 with MP Motorsport.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3804998)   #114
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
We can drop Defourny even so I expected him to race F3 as well... He will do another year in FR2.0 with MP Motorsport.
that's a HUGE surprise. budget shortfall?
Old 2 Mar 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3805168)   #115
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Fella called Murat Banyahia* from Morocco, me thinks Michael from US, turned up at Paul Ricard for Euroformula Open private testing today... I think we may cross his name of potential VAR's racing drivers. Still waiting for Karkosik's confirmation.

* Euroformula's website did change his name to Michael.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3805217)   #116
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah VAR is coming strong, let's see how it performs
Old 4 Mar 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3805760)   #117
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's a HUGE surprise. budget shortfall?
No idea. But the press release said: "it isn't the move people would expect, but this one is the better move at the moment".

VAR was testing at Zandvoort with F4 cars last week, Their confirmed driver Charles Weerts was not there but still, they had 4 drivers (Vesti, Lawson, Alders & Forcier). Maybe one of them will race F3 (just here to learn the track?) or VAR will bring a 5th car in F4 this year...
Old 4 Mar 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3805779)   #118
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

VAR was testing at Zandvoort with F4 cars last week ....Maybe one of them will race F3 (just here to learn the track?)
that is not allowed by FIA F3 Sporting regulation, so i doubt a move to F3 will happen
Old 4 Mar 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3805791)   #119
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavidaLoca View Post
that is not allowed by FIA F3 Sporting regulation, so i doubt a move to F3 will happen
It's a new rule since 1 or 2 years? In the passed few years it happened a lot at Zandvoort. F3 guys testing in F4, FR or even Formula Master cars (especially Prema & Motopark).

Anyway, thanks for the info, guess they bring more F4 cars in this year.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3806300)   #120
smithhehehaha
Racer

We have Bianchi who drives FR3.5 in 2012 after a successful season in GP2 in the previous year, so IMO that's not strange
Old 7 Mar 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3806648)   #121
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a new rule since 1 or 2 years? In the passed few years it happened a lot at Zandvoort. F3 guys testing in F4, FR or even Formula Master cars (especially Prema & Motopark).

Anyway, thanks for the info, guess they bring more F4 cars in this year.
After the FIA discovered the trick they made it impossible to happen again

FIA F3 Sporting Regulation
22.6 From December 22 2017 no driver entered in the Championship may race or carry out any type of private testing, with any type of single seater car, on any circuit (or any part of it) being part of the Championship calendar (including the official tests).
Old 9 Mar 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3807103)   #122
smithhehehaha
Racer

Might be the final FIA F3 World Cup in Macau this year, you have come to witness the end of a history
Old 10 Mar 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3807244)   #123
Formulahistory
Veteran

Perhaps the Japanese teams will still do the race with some more entries for the regional F3 serieses?
Old 10 Mar 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3807254)   #124
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
Might be the final FIA F3 World Cup in Macau this year, you have come to witness the end of a history
What indicators do you have that Macau F3 is being canceled? It was just elevated to World Cup status.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3807277)   #125
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
New “F3” will exclusively support F1 from 2019. Does F1 race at Macau?