Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2891104)   #1
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
### MONACO ###

Hello all

I havnt posted here for a very long time some of you may know me ...

After reading Jenson Button's comments regarding Monaco's layout I propose a design study :

A Realistic Re-profiling / Tweaking study of the Monte-Carlo Layout to promote an overtaking spot ...

Look forward your findings

CG

[Chris]
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2891120)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's like The Old Course at St Andrews, something that should never be changed apart from necessary safety things IMO. Keep it how it is. There's nothing wrong with it, it was just as exciting a race as any other this season anyway.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2891126)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only part of Monaco that could be changed without ruining the track is the horrible Nouvelle Chicane. Thats not a knee jerk reaction to Perez' crash, I think the Chicane is very safe.

Its just damn dull that Chicane.

If they extended some track out into the harbour, or had the cars running straight on down the escape road towards a more open Tabac, it would improve the flow of the track a little.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2891222)   #4
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
The only part of Monaco that could be changed without ruining the track is the horrible Nouvelle Chicane. Thats not a knee jerk reaction to Perez' crash, I think the Chicane is very safe.

Its just damn dull that Chicane.

If they extended some track out into the harbour, or had the cars running straight on down the escape road towards a more open Tabac, it would improve the flow of the track a little.
But there's no alternative to that chicane. You have to have the chicane to make that piece of tarmac safe.
I'm gonna think about this, and come back when my entry is ready. But not before.

EDIT: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4554375 and http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4554384 are two possibilities.

Last edited by Tathrim; 4 Jun 2011 at 21:38.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2891243)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Tathrim, you've been playing too much Shift 2, haven't you?

The two main changes I would make would be to loosen up Ste. Devote by moving the inside curb to just outside the marked pit exit lane, and the other would be to reinstate the old left/right flick chicane used up through 1985.

That will keep the approach speed into Tabac at 30-40mph less than what you would have with no chicane. It will leave overtaking potential coming out of the tunnel, and make Tabac a better place to pass. The first change will substantially widen the usable line heading into Ste. Devote, which will make overtaking much more possible. These modifications also take the track back to more the way it was originally, so you can't really say they're destructive to the track.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2891399)   #6
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Tathrim, you've been playing too much Shift 2, haven't you?

The two main changes I would make would be to loosen up Ste. Devote by moving the inside curb to just outside the marked pit exit lane, and the other would be to reinstate the old left/right flick chicane used up through 1985.

That will keep the approach speed into Tabac at 30-40mph less than what you would have with no chicane. It will leave overtaking potential coming out of the tunnel, and make Tabac a better place to pass. The first change will substantially widen the usable line heading into Ste. Devote, which will make overtaking much more possible. These modifications also take the track back to more the way it was originally, so you can't really say they're destructive to the track.
Actually, that's entirely coincidental. I've not played an NFS game since Underground. I do agree with you that the chicane could be reverted, though.

EDIT: Another, less realistic suggestion. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4555148

Last edited by Tathrim; 5 Jun 2011 at 10:28.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2897123)   #7
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here is a rough idea. opened the track up a bit. My idea with it is to "move" the chicane nearer to talbac there for the braking point would be straight and not as undulating.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2897348)   #8
the_calculator
Rookie

Netherlands
the_calculator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
couple of years ago I've heard some guys talking about building a boat-pier near portier to accomadate more luxurious yaghts.
During the grand prix the cars would not turn right at portier but go straight ahead onto the pier.
At the end there would be a hairpin (to provide overtaking?) and the cars would race back towards a lefthander into the tunnel.
I don't know if they were discussing a real proposal or it was just their imagination going wild; I've never checked.
But reading this thread I remembered the conversation.

Allthough this proposal creates a lot of problems to be solved, it would be sensible in a way that building a piece of very expensiv road should pay itself back.

Has anybody here heard about this proposal?
Old 26 Jun 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2906568)   #9
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
here is a rough idea. opened the track up a bit. My idea with it is to "move" the chicane nearer to talbac there for the braking point would be straight and not as undulating.
If possible would make sense to me except the waterfront would probably have to be widened to accept the turning radius' for the new left and right handers