Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Oct 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3461408)   #1
randomjack
Rookie

England
Bromley
randomjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC - Pembrey - 4th October

I just want to post a brief message of thanks to all the marshals that were at this meeting at the weekend, just in case they are members on here.

Thank all the marshals that assisted and helped my Dad after he crashed badly during BMW qualifying on Saturday. After being cut out of the car he was flown by air ambulance to hospital in Swansea. The track doctor suspected he broke/fractured his pelvis, hence the air ambulance.

After having a CT scan was given the all clear. They kept him in overnight for observation. Luckily he walked away just with a few bad bruises.

Once again thanks to all the marshals that assisted. I have pasted a couple if photos below caught by a trackside photographer. I hope that's OK?

Old 6 Oct 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3461440)   #2
Dave Weston
Racer

Dave Weston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear your dad is ok, especially after seeing the photos. Thank you for the update.

I was marshalling on the other side of the circuit but due to the crash resulting in an early lunch, we went to see if we could offer any assistance in the clear up/relieve those marshals already in attendance once he had been taken out of the car.

I will pass your thanks on to those who attended that I know who aren't on here.