Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Jan 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3792851)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, that caught my eye too. guess some people can just get in a car and drive it?
Old 15 Jan 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3792886)   #52
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e...al-995967/?s=1

Birmingham could replace the Montreal round. There were rumours of a UK round but I didn't think Birmingham could be the solution. Both Donington and Brands Hatch were dismissed by the teams as they're not street circuits
Old 17 Jan 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3793309)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Min-E Drivers Marrakech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpKB6N5ork
Old 18 Jan 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3793601)   #54
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be no race(s) added to the schedule to replace Montreal.
http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/no-...ar-is-reduced/
Old 21 Jan 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3794130)   #55
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Why is vernon Kay presenting this? It bothers me that he still can’t pronounce franchitti, most likely because he’s never heard of him
It's ridiculously superficial. The people who turn on to watch Vernon Kay probably won't care about what they're watching, whilst actual motorsport fans (and aspiring presenters) may rightly feel that they are being shafted. I'd be surprised if the general interest in series even budges because of these sorts of decisions.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3794183)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People turn on to watch Vernon Kay? Interesting theory.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3794205)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don’t care who the anchor is as long as they keep the programme moving and don’t make a complete idiot of themselves. what’s more important to me is how good the brains and experts are. you can have the best anchor in the world but if the experts have two braincells between them and haven’t raced for ten years then the channel is getting changed.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3798237)   #58
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Santiago ePrix was a bit messy, but I think the race was quite good overall, especially towards the end.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3798438)   #59
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX_LeMans View Post
Santiago ePrix was a bit messy, but I think the race was quite good overall, especially towards the end.
Agreed. It was quite fun to watch.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3798484)   #60
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although there's a lot people like to rubbish about this series, it does have some exciting races doesn't it?

With all the experience Lotterer has, you don't really expect him to smash into the back of his team mate when they're running 1-2 and were very lucky to get away with it. They certainly got those Teecheetahs fast.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3798575)   #61
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I've tried to watch but the cars keep crashing into each other and they stop the races all the time.
Why don't they run on proper tracks instead of these stupid narrow street circuits?.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3798704)   #62
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I've tried to watch but the cars keep crashing into each other and they stop the races all the time.
Why don't they run on proper tracks instead of these stupid narrow street circuits?.
This.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3798709)   #63
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
They've barely used the safety car this season.

The whole idea of the series is that it brings the racing to the public so they race in the Cities. They're aiming to bring in a different person to the usual petrol head who will travel to a circuit.

All of this was made perfectly clear at the launch of FE. It's amazing how many people criticise it without bothering to read about the aims and direction of the series.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3798774)   #64
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I was actually pleasantly surprised to find find the Santiago event was actually a race - I genuinely felt that any of the top 5 could have won it. I'm sure the cars are quite a handful to drive, particularly on such a bumpy circuit, and I would like to see them race on a "proper" circuit to see what they could do......
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3805236)   #65
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew I couldn't be the only one.... Just seen the new Seat E-racer saloon. Now that's what Formula E should be about. Just take off the aero stuff and mandate production E-variant dimensions, and you'd have a grid-full of recognisable cars going door handle to door handle all race long. Drop the changeover in the middle in favour of two separate sprint races (once you've cracked the re-charge issue) and watch it obliterate F1 as a spectator/TV show!
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3805244)   #66
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Formula E is meant to be futuristic, not realistic.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3805427)   #67
AdrianM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
I knew I couldn't be the only one.... Just seen the new Seat E-racer saloon. Now that's what Formula E should be about. Just take off the aero stuff and mandate production E-variant dimensions, and you'd have a grid-full of recognisable cars going door handle to door handle all race long. Drop the changeover in the middle in favour of two separate sprint races (once you've cracked the re-charge issue) and watch it obliterate F1 as a spectator/TV show!
The changeover is gone with the new car. They can run the whole race on a single charge.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3805488)   #68
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just goes to show how little attention I've given to it recently. They strike me as too slow, too fragile, and quite weedy little things. The saloon option can still be single-seater underneath, but the visual aspect would be miles better. Every manufacturer has an E-car in their lineup, so why not. The purists are pretty sniffy about Formula E anyway, so let's not get hung up on open-wheel solutions.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3805503)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They don't run on full circuits because they look ridiculous on full-sized circuits. There is absolutely no speed out of the cars beyond the initial acceleration.

I actually like the street circuits. It's a bit different and a bit fun. But really, they run them because it's embarrassing otherwise.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3805510)   #70
AdrianM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They don't run on full circuits because they look ridiculous on full-sized circuits. There is absolutely no speed out of the cars beyond the initial acceleration.

I actually like the street circuits. It's a bit different and a bit fun. But really, they run them because it's embarrassing otherwise.
They run on street circuits because thats the whole idea of the series. Bring the cars to the people not the other way around.

Are F3 cars ridiculous on full circuits? That's the equivalent of the current car. The new one is capable of 185mph which puts it up with GP2 cars.

People really are miles out of date with what electric cars are capable of. The new TCR E car is the equivalent of 675bhp with massive torque, the electric RX car is over 750bhp. The fastest accelerating production car in the world is electric and costs a fraction of the IC equivalent.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3805528)   #71
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
To be fair an F3 car would win an FE race by several laps.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3805648)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
They run on street circuits because thats the whole idea of the series. Bring the cars to the people not the other way around.

Are F3 cars ridiculous on full circuits? That's the equivalent of the current car. The new one is capable of 185mph which puts it up with GP2 cars.

People really are miles out of date with what electric cars are capable of. The new TCR E car is the equivalent of 675bhp with massive torque, the electric RX car is over 750bhp. The fastest accelerating production car in the world is electric and costs a fraction of the IC equivalent.
The F3 car has slower acceleration but a higher top speed. So it doesn't suddenly max out like the FE car does. That's why they look stupid. Even on the shortened version of Long Beach they looked silly on the front and back straights.

You're trying to sell electric cars to me, which is just preaching to the converted. I'm already a big supporter of electric vehicles and I think you'll find I'm perfectly up to date on what an electric vehicle is capable of. I'm just not in denial about why they use street circuits. The new car might change this, but the new car isn't here yet,

There's nothing wrong with choosing circuits based on your car's strengths. I just wish FE would be a bit more honest about the series. Stop pretending you're super ultra serious whilst creating BTCC bumper cars and Twitter votes for who gets more power. Just be honest about - like BTCC funnily enough.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3807773)   #73
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Punta del Este ePrix is this Saturday.

http://info.fiaformulae.com/en/punta-del-este

Weather forecasts say lightnings, literally.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 23:53 (Ref:3807827)   #74
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Considering the number of lightning strikes on or near power lines, power going out as a result of one is actually quite rare. Overhead power lines do have cables that run above them mostly for the purpose of catching lightning strikes. These cable are then periodically grounded at poles.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3807838)   #75
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Punta del Este ePrix is this Saturday.

http://info.fiaformulae.com/en/punta-del-este

I'll be there! If it rains I hope it is not that bad.