Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Jan 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3791036)   #51
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavidaLoca View Post
If you see him only once or Twice on the podium this season it will be the end of his racing career IMO....
Agreed, i did say easily though. I suppose we have to keep in mind he is with Hitech and not Prema or Carlin, having said that if Jake Hughes can finish 5th overall then Alex has to be looking to match that really.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3791041)   #52
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Driver with F2, FV8 3.5 and GP3 Background in the F3EM is in my opinion bullshit!
Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3791085)   #53
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
A Driver with F2, FV8 3.5 and GP3 Background in the F3EM is in my opinion bullshit!
That's a bit harsh, plenty of drivers have swapped between GP3 and F3 before, and five weekends of F2 and FV8 is hardly a background, at the end of the day i would imagine Alex has very little backing and this is a golden opportunity to keep himself in the spotlight career wise, if he ends up being the top Hitech driver and in the top five or six overall then job well done.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3791153)   #54
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
That's a bit harsh, plenty of drivers have swapped between GP3 and F3 before, and five weekends of F2 and FV8 is hardly a background, at the end of the day i would imagine Alex has very little backing and this is a golden opportunity to keep himself in the spotlight career wise, if he ends up being the top Hitech driver and in the top five or six overall then job well done.
Is Adrian Campos not involved in his management?

I would not be surprised to see him appearing at some point of the season in either GP3 or F2 when some driver vanish from the grid
Old 7 Jan 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3791182)   #55
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He tested in Super Formula as well as with Hitech. Thought, that after earning 3rd in All Japan F3 last year that's enough to convince owner in SF? Even if Campos' his manager it doesn't mean he'll fuel kids budget. Surely the kid needs to regenerate his career, Hitech is better and cheaper option than back of the grid F2 teams.

That half measures peebee2, does that reflect to Hitech or Palou? That thing with Ahmed's parents selling or remortgaging house I found in one of London's newspapers...
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3791220)   #56
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Not only did he test in SF but off the top of my head didn't he end up being fastest rookie?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3791226)   #57
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
That half measures peebee2, does that reflect to Hitech or Palou? That thing with Ahmed's parents selling or remortgaging house I found in one of London's newspapers...
Palou has never had much budget. Campos is his manager and either found him a free drive or had him in his team. He’s not about to give his own money to another team! Especially when his own team has been struggling to find drivers
Old 12 Jan 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3792370)   #58
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The fourth element of Prema is confirmed: https://www.ftasport.com/sport-news/...3-2018-season/
Old 13 Jan 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3792499)   #59
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Fortec rep said they have lost a driver coz Carlin was allowed to field six (6!) drivers, seems similar "deal" with Prema. I'd rather see a Double R, Rapax or Fortec than six at Carlin or Prema.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3792511)   #60
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Agree.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3792522)   #61
LavidaLoca
Racer

Quote:
Fortec rep said they have lost a driver coz Carlin was allowed to field six (6!) drivers, seems similar "deal" with Prema. I'd rather see a Double R, Rapax or Fortec than six at Carlin or Prema.
If this is the case then it means that Carlin is top choice and Fortec is spare choice ....
Old 13 Jan 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3792528)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i reckon they’re talking about troitsky who was testing with carlin. if that’s the case then he’s done a few seasons at fortec and they’d be right to be a bit stroppy. equally, carlin don’t normally do deals unless it makes financial sense to do so.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3792533)   #63
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Carlin is a serial championship-winning F3 team. Fortec have NEVER won an F3 series outright. Ever.

Carlin are the current champions, Fortec haven’t even raced the car in its current F3ES configuration.

Who would you choose??
Old 14 Jan 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3792703)   #64
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well yes of course but then you kill off all other teams. whats the point?
Old 14 Jan 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3792713)   #65
LavidaLoca
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
well yes of course but then you kill off all other teams. whats the point?
I have not seen many competitive teams collapsing in the recent time , if teams have left FIA F3 in the recent time it is because they were not competitive so as consequence they were not able to attract decent drivers.

Having a competitive team starts from looking for money (business partner or owner) , then engineering staff then mechanic then work on high standards , when you have all of that lined-up you will attract drivers
Old 15 Jan 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3792898)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
competitive teams often collapse in a way via the phoenix company method - see changes in names, eg motorsport to motorsports, trading as, etc etc.

having a competitive team does start with money, but that’s hard to find. the teams that have had a big wad of cash thrown at them and produced results have been existing teams who have been doing it properly before (remember, even the best engineers and mechanics train and learn somewhere), but who have then gone on to spend the money correctly and maintain the same approach they had before. that’s the difference between a prema and to some degree a carlin and the hitech and van amersfoorts of the sport.

in my badly articulated opinion anyway.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3792942)   #67
LavidaLoca
Racer

i agree with Bella , Money does not do everything ... but money is clearly the base of a competitive racing team. Some teams have been able to use their budget wisely and others not.

In any case before the "Stroll Era", somebody else was behind the scene at Prema to inject some $$$.

On the Grid , Motopark is probably the last "romantic" team (as Motopark boss rates his team) where drivers pay their bills to go to race . Seems like it did not hurt them as they won Macau GP and were quite competitive in the European Serie (probably VW Engine was helping them as it did for Carlin).

On an other note , as it is the last season of the Formula 3 Era as known so far , it is very unlikely to see new teams entering the serie (Fortec,Rapax,Double R etc) so the big Names (Carlin,Prema) are making the effort to put few extra cars in order for the championship to look half decent in this last season, that is why probably Prema and Carlin will end up with 5-6 cars each.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3792970)   #68
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavidaLoca View Post
On the Grid , Motopark is probably the last "romantic" team (as Motopark boss rates his team) where drivers pay their bills to go to race . Seems like it did not hurt them as they won Macau GP and were quite competitive in the European Serie (probably VW Engine was helping them as it did for Carlin).
motopark have some money from somewhere - they spent a lot of money on the image side of things last season like the banner system and had a new trailer as well. it's worth pointing out that if carlin didn't have norris they'd have not got the other two drivers last year.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3793280)   #69
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
What's better, being the forth, fifth driver at Carlin, or be one of one, or one of two drivers at Fortec. That is a question?! Driver, who brings more money in to the party will always get more preferential treatment, ie. Stroll, Norris, etc. the one with lesser budget will get what's left.

And this is not what I say. Over the years I have spoken to driver who worked with Carlin, and multientry teams, and they say, the more money you bring, the better you are treatted. That's been said by the current European Formula 3 team boss as well when we attempted to make a deal and buy his Dallaras.

Re. Prema... after years of spending (Stroll I think?) they have someone who will pay all the bills now in Gelael, don't they.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3793295)   #70
LavidaLoca
Racer

Quote:
What's better, being the forth, fifth driver at Carlin, or be one of one, or one of two drivers at Fortec. That is a question?! Driver, who brings more money in to the party will always get more preferential treatment, ie. Stroll, Norris, etc. the one with lesser budget will get what's left.
in that case i would rather drive for Carlin ... as more cars your got , the most cost effective it is.

For exemple if you take your car to 6rig post (or wind tunnel) which probably costs about 7000GBP per day you could split this cost between whatever your number of cars is (5 or 6 for Carlin) , this cost would be split between 1 or 2 cars for smaller teams . That is why it is more cost effective to run a "big team" and in big teams.

Not even mentionning the Data sharing inside the team which could help too .
Old 17 Jan 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3793327)   #71
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it’s more cost effective for the team, very rarely the driver
Old 17 Jan 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3793335)   #72
LavidaLoca
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it’s more cost effective for the team, very rarely the driver
I agree with you but on the other side ,the costs would prevent smaller teams (with fewer cars) to offer themselves the Shaker rig service , wind tunnel etc
Old 17 Jan 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3793389)   #73
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
If you run on budget with bigger team do you get same access to data engineer, senior engineer, data from rigs and tunnel as someone who pays top coin? Unless you bring your own tech staff, but I doubt big teams would allow you to use their equipment and outside technicians.

I know what you say but I still think it's more cost effective to race with smaller team, than to be an added value to big, multi entry team. I just don't believe they get treated equally.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3793421)   #74
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
I know what you say but I still think it's more cost effective to race with smaller team, than to be an added value to big, multi entry team. I just don't believe they get treated equally.
it completely depends on the engineer, surely. you can pay big bucks but if you've not got an engineer who can play the strategy masterstrokes as well as make use of all the data then you're not really going to be able to do much. and that's the case in a big team or a smaller team.

the practical downsides of running one or even two cars in fia f3 would be that the gap between races and sessions can be pretty short. all you need to do is bin it in the race on saturday and you're going to have a huge issue with prepping your car in time for the qualifying session because there isn't a pool of 8 mechanics to help when they've finished prepping their car.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3793680)   #75
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an 18-22 car grid...

Carlin - Sachsa Fenestraz
Carlin - Devlin DeFrancesco
Carlin - Ferdinand Habsburg*
Carlin - Jehan Daruvala
Carlin - Ameya Vadyanathan*
Carlin - Nikita Troitsky*
Prema - Robert Schwartzman
Prema - Marcus Armstrong
Prema - Guan Yu Zhou
Prema - Mick Schumacher*
Prema - Ralf Aron
Motopark - Dan Ticktum
Motopark - Fabio Scherer
Motopark - Marino Sato
Motopark - Jonathan Aberdein*
Motopark - Juri Vips*
HiTech - Enaam Ahmed
HiTech - Alex Palou
Fortec - ??
Fortec - ??
Van Amersfoort - ??
Van Amersfoort - ??

* NOT confirmed... Hope Van Amersfoort get's some decent drivers in it and Fortec will join.