Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Jul 2000, 14:57 (Ref:26641)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I am planning a trip to the Gold Coast at the end of september ( the first holiday Ive had in 12 years) and was wondering if Crash Test or the seemingly missing in action David Paterson could tell me if there are any events on at Lakeside or QR on the 23 and 24 of sept or possibly even the following weekend of 30th sept and 1st october as I would like to attend something at either of these tracks to have a gander.

any info that could be provided would be very helpfull
CHEERS
Marcus
Old 4 Aug 2000, 11:30 (Ref:28287)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MIA be buggered, here I am! No seriously, new job is very demanding and I've had little spare time, certainly not enough to come in here as often as I would like.

Here's what diary lists for late September in Qld.

16-17 Sept Annual National Historic Race meeting at Lakeside (Highly recommended).

23-24 Sept State Championship race meeting at QR (may be cancelled)

30 Sept Datsun Club lap Sprint at Lakeside (Free admission)

Old 4 Aug 2000, 12:39 (Ref:28307)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
30 Sept Datsun Club lap Sprint at Lakeside (Free admission)

Ha, as if youd pay money!! Oh sorry...

I think the QR meeting might still be a goer, well it was last Wednesday, but a few days is a very lomng time at QR...
Old 4 Aug 2000, 14:29 (Ref:28331)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks guys..I actually found some info on QR state races on their website and was planning to attend ..but now you say it may be cancelled...any reason for this ..are they expecting traffic problems..is the track falling apart..are they all going to spain ???

the historic one sounds great ..but sadly is a week earlier than I plan to be in town ..so its either the state series or Dato sprints at lakeside...either way Im there..thanks again guys
Old 4 Aug 2000, 21:39 (Ref:28381)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hahahahah, traffic problems!

Only once in he history of the complex has there been traffic problems, including the drags, and they get 40,000 people in there with no problems. What happened was that a few boy scouts were in charge of the parking, and there were 20,000 addition people turning up...

I think it is just because it is being held at the business end of the season and they want to ensure that they can get big grids to it..
Old 1 Sep 2000, 13:33 (Ref:34408)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
its only a couple of weeks until im up on the gold coast and i was wondering if there was any news on the state series round at QR ..is it still on or have they cancelled it ???
sadly i wont be able to make it to the dato sprints on the 30th so the 23-24 are my only dates available for watching a race ..any info would be much appreciated
Old 1 Sep 2000, 23:00 (Ref:34479)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sept 24 the Motorcycle sportsmen are running a road race meeting at Lakeside.
Old 1 Sep 2000, 23:59 (Ref:34488)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I'll be at QR on Sept 9 & 10 so I will found out for you then
Old 2 Sep 2000, 12:35 (Ref:34551)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thanks David that would be great
Old 3 Sep 2000, 10:29 (Ref:34749)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The State Championship race meeting set down for Sept 23-24 at Qld Raceway is on. A friend of mine who races Club Cars (Improved Production) received an entry from them last week. So I guess we'll see you there.
Old 3 Sep 2000, 10:40 (Ref:34754)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Woo Hoo, I'll take this opportunity to give you the grand tour...

That is the pits.
That is the toilets (unlike Winton, they should be working, but they stink)
There is race track, have a good time!

At least the short circuits should be opperational, which is much better than the long one...

cya there
Old 3 Sep 2000, 12:06 (Ref:34777)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The specatators toilets out around the circuit do indeed stink, but not the nice flash concrete ones in the pits. Actually, the driver's facilities at QR are the equal of any in Australia.
Old 3 Sep 2000, 12:22 (Ref:34781)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well you didn't go in the concrete ones at the truck meeting (ok, i know you weren't there) but it was as if someone dropped a pile in the corner at the V8 round and the block had been locked up since them...it was much worse than Lakeside has ever been!
Old 3 Sep 2000, 12:30 (Ref:34783)   #14
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Everything I've heard about the truck meeting, makes me glad I was racing at Warwick that weekend.
Old 3 Sep 2000, 12:35 (Ref:34784)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I wish i were there too...
Old 4 Sep 2000, 14:07 (Ref:34943)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
excellent news guys ..thanks alot...now all i have to do is work out how to get there from the gold coast and i will be set..hope to catch you guys up there as well and of course if your driving david I will be cheering you on

Go the dato's
Old 6 Sep 2000, 09:08 (Ref:35302)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Marcus, I will be there, but i won't be running. Hope to meet you there.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 22:35 (Ref:36357)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
David: Actually the trucks were 10 fold better down at OP, no wonder they get such huge crowds down there...the place is made for the trucks...
Old 17 Sep 2000, 07:02 (Ref:37617)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well i too hope to meet you guys there ..im off on my holiday now so take a look for the short guy in the black Formula Holden shirt with spectacles and a pony tail and more than likely that will be me..I will also have my video camera there to take a few shots.
hope its a good day
see yas
Marcus
Old 22 Sep 2000, 12:24 (Ref:38589)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Due to a small entry the meeting has now changed to a one day event on sunday only. I will still be there, look for a big guy with dark hair, glasses and a goatee, in a Club cars T-shirt, near the tower before or after the Club Car races.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 12:29 (Ref:38592)   #21
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
The guy with the goatee also has a slick hair cut which makes him do 66 second laps of Lakeside

Im gonna wear a daggy old red hat, camera bag...not sure what im going to wear, that depends on the ironing lady
Old 22 Sep 2000, 12:38 (Ref:38594)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

I'm still smiling after last weekend at Lakeside.
Old 25 Sep 2000, 04:10 (Ref:39082)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
sorry guys I guess i underestimated the travelling time..after a 1600km drive I went past the track before getting brilliantly lost in brisbane and didnt arrive at my hotel in surfers until the early hours of sunday morning..and after a good nights sleep and a quick look around surfers it was rather late to take the 100km drive or so back up to Ipswitch..sorry if you went looking for me.

anyway im having a good time in surfers and i hope we can catch up another time

cheers guys

(P.S i like internet cafe's)
Old 25 Sep 2000, 05:07 (Ref:39085)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Oh Marcus, myself and David searched high and low for you, but we gave up pretty quickly when none of the 50 spectators fit your description

We were going to put out a plee over the loud PA, but we forgot your last name...("hello, if your name is Marcus, please come to the base of the control tower...")

You really didnt miss too much. There were some good races in the Geminis, HQs and Improved Prdouctions, with some 4 wide stuff, a lack of entries and the hot weather were downers....would have been nicer spent at the beach anyways