Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1356734)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ponderings on Jordan and Williams

If David Richards was to buy the Jordan team and run Hyundai-badged Cosworth engines, that would leave a supply of Toyota engines free for Williams....
Old 16 Jul 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1356751)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does this rumour come from? I hope it's true, Schnaider and Kolles are a disgrace to the Jordan team's legacy.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1356758)   #3
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Where does this rumour come from? I hope it's true, Schnaider and Kolles are a disgrace to the Jordan team's legacy.
Is that because this pair are greedy, fail to invest in the team and have a name that sounds a bit like something shady. Not at all like the previous owner then.....
Old 16 Jul 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1356762)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure it's Schnaider's fault, apart from making the original mistake of putting Kolles in charge. But, yes, David Richards would be able to pull the team around again.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1356768)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are those who used to call him Prix Richards now? He's been successful in everything he's ever done.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1356783)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Where are those who used to call him Prix Richards now? He's been successful in everything he's ever done.
Not quite.. prodrive have been in the V8Supercar category for 3 years and remain the laughing stock of that series.... plenty of $$ without results....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Jul 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1356790)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, everything he's ever done except Australian V8s.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1356813)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rallying and BTCC both brought driver and team titles, and he's laid the foundations for huge success at BAR (even if they seem to have tore some of them up this year). He's still likely to be much more successful than the Midland guys. We've seen it time and time again, beign a great businessman in other fields means little when it comes to Formula 1 - football (soccer) has been a much safer investment in the past.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1356874)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is this an actual rumour or just a pipe-dream of yours K-B?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1356878)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

It's not a pipe-dream of mine, I don't care whether it happens or not.

I'm just suggesting it's worth thinking about, particularly given a current rumour in the USA.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1356920)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It's not a pipe-dream of mine, I don't care whether it happens or not.

I'm just suggesting it's worth thinking about, particularly given a current rumour in the USA.
What have you heard then KB?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1356932)   #12
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
If David Richards was to buy the Jordan team and run Hyundai-badged Cosworth engines, that would leave a supply of Toyota engines free for Williams....

WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES KB ???
Old 16 Jul 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1356973)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think his source is his mind.

I guess that isn't adequate for prompting some thoughts, I mean, after all, the general media reporting is ALWAYS 100% based on "facts" that give it so much more basis.....

Anway, I guess it is possible...but I don't see it happening.

Schneider does not want to sell the team (yet). This is either because he genuinely wants to improve the future and has decided that developing this year's car is pointless and is instead focusing on next years, or else he is purely using the team as means of off-loading debts and that avenue is still worthwhile.

I'm sorry, there are no sources for the above postion other than myself.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1356986)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I think his source is his mind.

No need for personal abuse!

I have at no point said it will happen, and indeed the original post doesn't claim it will happen.

It's based on:

a) reports in the US that Hyundai is looking at a badging deal for Cosworth IndyCar engines

b) David Richards oft-stated desire to be back in F1

c) continued debate about the ownership of Jordan

d) Williams need for an engine

All I said in the original post was "If X happened, that would mean Y is possible."

I even titled the thread "ponderings on Jordan and Williams".

The hope was people could discuss whether they thought this was a scenario that had any merit.

At no point did I claim it was a done deal, or even one that was being negotiated.

But clearly some people don't like discussing scenarios, so I'll make no further comment in this thread.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1356996)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you guys should back off KB here. It's clear what the threads direction is.

It could well happen too. It's unlikely, but then KB has made it clear that it was just a scenario he had thought of and considered himself, which you could see from his first post anyways!

No need to lynch the guy!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1357017)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I asked only out of interest and do not wish to lynch KB or anyone else
Old 16 Jul 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1357021)   #17
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you KB for exampling where your thoughts have come from. It is an interesting idea considering the history. One, in the mid 80s to early 90s Williams' engine supplier was Toyota's arch rivals Honda, who's partnership was very successful. Two (If this is wrong can someone put me right), Hyundai were handed a $1 million fine for pulling out of the World Rally Championship, with very little notice and were considering coming back in the next few years. Three David Richards is correctly involved with the Subaru World Rally car, the Aston Martin GT car and he is involved in many other areas of motorsport as mentioned by the other posts.

So to add some more questions to the melting pot, Although David Richards did help set up BAR, will he have enough time to spend on Jordan, with all his other commitments? Did Hyundai pay the fine, if not how will the rebadging of Cosworth engines affect this?
Old 17 Jul 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1357276)   #18
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here's a (the) link:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15240.html
Old 17 Jul 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1357358)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
That is an interesting story.. Dave Richard's certainly has the experience.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1357489)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm certainly happy to accept the idea that David Richards considers F1 'unfinished business', both from his BAR days and his time at Benetton.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1358012)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No need for personal abuse!
It wasn't abuse!

My post was supporting you for goodness sake!

Apparently I didn't word things correctly for this idea to be put across appropriately.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1358016)   #22
Breffni
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Breffni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could irvine bloody well buy Jordan back, please. personality, people!!!!! Thank you.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1358019)   #23
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Present! I don't think he was succesful with Benneton...
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1358020)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I would argue they got rid of him just as he was in the process of turning the team around.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1358026)   #25
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I would argue they got rid of him just as he was in the process of turning the team around.
While I would counter-argue that he ripped off the benefit of what his predecessors had done at BAR.