Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Aug 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2264929)   #1
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
New Eastern Creek layout... $93million!!!

"Initial estimates for the cost of track development are $93 million, with graded implementation to suit budget requirements. "

Heaps more info on the ARDC website. I recon that it looks good for what its worth. I have said for a long time that the track needed to be turned around.

I still dont know how it will go from an events and spectators perspective but i recon after we shout out $93million it would be a whole lot better than what it currently is.

Go the Datto!!!
Old 7 Aug 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2264934)   #2
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddler

"Initial estimates for the cost of track development are $93 million, with graded implementation to suit budget requirements. "

Heaps more info on the ARDC website. I recon that it looks good for what its worth. I have said for a long time that the track needed to be turned around.

I still dont know how it will go from an events and spectators perspective but i recon after we shout out $93million it would be a whole lot better than what it currently is.

Too stop start. Looks like a go kart track..
Old 7 Aug 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2264945)   #3
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it needed something done to it because the current track is a bit stale, looks like it would be a great bike track but we already have PI for those events.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2264949)   #4
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they left turn one and the last turn on to the straight, it would be ok in my humble opinion.
The rest is good.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2264957)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will the redesign get rid of the rubbish tip?
Old 7 Aug 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2264969)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no tip but maybe they could sell airfreshener at the gate. seriously though where else is there to fully build a new track IMO this is the best we can get and i don't mind it and they should be comended for doing something. i tell you what people whinge if they don't do nothing and whinge if they do something.

i like it TC **** Homebush get behind this.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2264972)   #7
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That design is a joke.

An absolute farce.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2265293)   #8
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg
That design is a joke.

An absolute farce.
your not wrong...

Of all the complaints you can make about EC, the track itself is not (IMHO) one of them, it's one of the last true 'fast' ccts left in the world, to try and turn it into yet another mickey mouse go-kart track is just sad...

if they want to spend money on the place, may I suggest some better infield roads, granstands, padock upgrades, car parks, etc etc etc and leave the track itself alone.

Turn 1 is one of the few really high speed corners left anywere, and watching cars go round it really seperates the great drivers from the not so greats, it also makes turn 2 a prime overtaking spot for people that get a run on cars going though turn 1.

same can be said for turns 3 to 5, etc etc etc, it really is one of the best tracks I have had the privilage to drive round.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2264981)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That track is way too tight.. and takes away all of the most challenging corners.. the current turn 1... and the right-left 4-5 combo must remain...

all they need to do is turn the track around (as they have done)...

Tighten the first corner for overtaking... flatten corporate hill, and tighten the corners around where corporate hill was.. it would be as simple as moving the earth from the middle of the circuit to the outside of the circuit to improve viewing..

Maybe they could get some mask's left over from the Beijing Olympics cheap...
Old 7 Aug 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2265219)   #10
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While you all complain about Eastern Creek in any layout, I'll take it any day over QR, the one I have to deal with whenever I want to go to my local track...
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2265222)   #11
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm not much run-off at the bottom of the straight...expect to see some big ones there!

Still no facilities around the back (Turn 7) which is a good place to watch.

Lots more Flag points needed to make it all work...I hope they have put aside some cash to attract the extras needed!
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2265231)   #12
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The design is interesting - but hardly worth the $K350 fee for a few lines on a concept drawing.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2265242)   #13
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddler

"Heaps more info on the ARDC website.
Am I dumb (maybe) but I can't find anything on their website!!
Old 7 Aug 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2265253)   #14
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point you are all missing, considering where the runoff areas are, is that will run in the reverse direction.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2265248)   #15
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turn 1 looks ok for run off. Just need more kitty litter.

When you look at the room at Sandown's 1st corner, there's not much room from the track to the fence. Just tonnes of little rocks.

Enough to stop a truck, in fact it has.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2265304)   #16
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll come up with a design in 48 hours... watch this space.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2265625)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone is ingesting a few optimism-inducing substances Here
Old 8 Aug 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2265644)   #18
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They say it's a regulation to have a tight corner with a heavy braking zone into turn one for a category one circuit but surely it doesn't have to be that tight?

The same has to be said about the old turn one, that was the best corner on the track! Even if it's to be run in a reverse direction why make it so tight

Paul.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2265660)   #19
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Someone is ingesting a few optimism-inducing substances Here
Quote from the above article:

"A noticeable features of the re-design is to reverse the race direction to anti-clockwise making the fast turn one become turn 12."

IIRC isn't the existing circuit already anti-clockwise... ???????
Old 8 Aug 2008, 00:24 (Ref:2265647)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
They have the opportunity to build something from scratch... why not replicate Spa or Monza or Hungaroring or something? A fast circuit without these mickey mouse stop-go corners.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2265649)   #21
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't part of the appeal of the "upgrade" to keep 70% of the original track as opposed to "starting from scratch"?

I agree though, they need to ditch some of those 90 degree stop start corners and keep or introduce some more free flowing corners.

Paul.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 00:57 (Ref:2265654)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR
Isn't part of the appeal of the "upgrade" to keep 70% of the original track as opposed to "starting from scratch"?

I agree though, they need to ditch some of those 90 degree stop start corners and keep or introduce some more free flowing corners.

Paul.
Doesnt the circuit need resurfacing anyway? To retain 70% of the existing road surface will be pointless if the hotmix machine has to lay a new asphalt there anyway....

Would Morris "Yeahman" Iemma really stump up $80m to the ARDC?
Old 8 Aug 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2265653)   #23
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They have the opportunity to build something from scratch... why not replicate Spa or Monza or Hungaroring or something? A fast circuit without these mickey mouse stop-go corners.
Overall I'm really disappointed with what I've seen so far.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 03:25 (Ref:2265685)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bahriain, the list goes on with tracks with 90 degree plus first corners, i like them adds spice to the start good to watch them all come flying down and almost to a complete stop, but i agree with most about the old turn one be it turn 1 or the last turn should be left not tightened IMO, probably the only fault i have.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2267196)   #25
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
O/T:
A Finn guy has decided to build a proper race track on the Swedish island of Gotland. http://www.gotlandring.com/home.xml?lang=en

The 2 mile northern loop has been built already and the 2.6l mile southern loop is under construction. The combined track will be the length of Spa when its finished. He eventually plans to build Nordschiefe-style track thats 17 miles long.

Back on topic:
The FIA rules for designing a track are awful beyond belief. They manage to kill all the exictement and challenge out of a track.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna