Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Drifting

Old 10 Aug 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1679197)   #1
newmikdot
Rookie

newmikdot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
swamps

Hy-me name is newmikdot&i'me a new user-new user meaning pc user&also blogs/messaging/chat sites,so if i geddit all pear shaped,then please xcuse huh!?I dont really know how this sorta thing works,as i've never done it before(is it like mobile tx messaging?)so i'll jump straight in&ask a question&see what comes back&go from there;Does anyone out there remember "swamp buggy racing"?I can only remember this racing being stateside a couple of years back&dont know if it ever came over here-i dont even know if there was a title to it,never mind world championship/s-anyway,it was just a quick question ,more to get me started really:-/Me fave motor racing types are;F1,WSB,WRC(especially late 60's,'70's&early 80's)powerboats,the air racing,truck racing-in fact anything thats gotta bit of poke in it really,its a speed thing,the faster it goes,the more i like!!Well thats me first "outing" as it were&i'me sorry if it has nowt to do with anthing else anyone else has submitted,but there ya go,i can only try cant i!!?signed;nmd.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1679436)   #2
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi newmikdot and welcome to Ten-Tenths.
As a new user the best place to start is by reading the FAQ's. You will find a link on the nav bar above or, CLICK HERE. Any questions you have, should be answered in there.

As we, in the drift forum have the remit to cover 'all other areas of alternative motorsport!' I suppose Swamp Buggy Racing is covered in that.
To answer your question, I think Swamp Buggy, or as at is sometimes known Mud Bog Racing, is mainly based in Florida and I think also in California. It is still very much a minority motorsport even in the U.S. and I am almost certain it has not made it over here to the UK. I remember seeing it on TV a few years ago, it looked good fun but also a little bit dangerous, especially when the buggys turned over and went under water. I seem to remember the drivers took it very seriously though and fights often used to break out.

Here is a website that will give you some more information www.oldduckracing.com