Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2139998)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of Champ Cars for sale?

So what happens to all the Champcars left over? They're only a year old - will they be sold to Mexico like the GP2/WSR cars went out to Asia? Or is it time for the AIS to resurface? Actually they would be more likely to run all the old Lola and Reynard Cosworths - one things for sure theres going to be a lot of second hand top line single seaters in the States!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2139999)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will they use them for the Longbeach finale?
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2140015)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They'll get one more run at the Long Beach GP. Who knows what after that.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2140020)   #4
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i had the money i wouldnt mind buying one for myself.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2140028)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more problem left, since the unfortunate choice to have new chassis 3 yrs ago,, BUT NEVERMIND! Now things have changed and I wish the former CC teams to sell all of their cars after LB
Old 28 Feb 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2140055)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stick mudguards on em and revive the CanAm?
Old 28 Feb 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2140058)   #7
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aplogies, I haven't followed the merger that closely, but how come an equivalency can't be reached? For at least until one of the chassis has reached the end of its life?
Old 28 Feb 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2140130)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who knows, maybe once Tony's had a chance to get a car tested at the right power and weight configuration, they might evaluate the cars side by side for 2009.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2140139)   #9
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
So what happens to all the Champcars left over? They're only a year old - will they be sold to Mexico like the GP2/WSR cars went out to Asia? Or is it time for the AIS to resurface? Actually they would be more likely to run all the old Lola and Reynard Cosworths - one things for sure theres going to be a lot of second hand top line single seaters in the States!
I reckon they'll end up in some South American/Mexican series. NA has Indycar, Asia has A1GP, Europe has still got F1 (kinda), so it makes sense for there to be a top line south american single seater series.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2140146)   #10
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Southe America

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I reckon they'll end up in some South American/Mexican series. NA has Indycar, Asia has A1GP, Europe has still got F1 (kinda), so it makes sense for there to be a top line south american single seater series.
Don't think any country down there has the commercial funding to run this type of car in a series. They mostly seem to go for the cheaper running and maintenance classes...............Mexico may be the exception tho.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2140147)   #11
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dp01?

I'd imagine a few would find use as test mules for the 2010 formula.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2140169)   #12
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt they'll even end up in Mexico. The motorsport focus there has also shifted to stock cars. All the big Mexican race car drivers are now NASCAR Mexico drivers.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2140199)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In terms of the DP01's who knows right now? Older champcars have been very popular in BOSS formula due to ease of spares and support, so they'll continue to be popular for years to come. A friend of mine that runs formula atlantic says he knows of some that run stock block V8's and they're still doing 180-190 at road america.

I plan on getting a chassis at some point myself.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2140268)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully a series somewhere will pick them up as there is no doubting that it is a neat little chassis.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2140747)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Stick mudguards on em and revive the CanAm?

Ghinzani for President!!

I am liking this idea! A heck of a lot better than individual's buying them and using them for restaurant decorations or a planter.

I wonder how much motor one could stuff in the chassis...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2140810)   #16
dannydasilva
Rookie

dannydasilva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Carl Haas will put his Panoz DP01 spare parts stock on ebay.

Can't wait to make a good deal on a ChampCar rearwing or complete nosecone section!
Old 29 Feb 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2140935)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Who knows, maybe once Tony's had a chance to get a car tested at the right power and weight configuration, they might evaluate the cars side by side for 2009.
Unlikely IMO; TG will hardly forgive those who, still being IRL chassis provider, designed one for CC.

But, what's more, the need to reduce costs wil be a high hurdle to let DP01s in
Old 29 Feb 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2140952)   #18
fazzaz
Racer

United States
Appalachia, USA
fazzaz has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If PT is able to find a ride for Long Beach, will there be any Panoz chasssis left to worry about? Will "The Final Race for Champ Cars" be quite literal?
Old 1 Mar 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2141505)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzaz
If PT is able to find a ride for Long Beach, will there be any Panoz chasssis left to worry about? Will "The Final Race for Champ Cars" be quite literal?

When you look at it that way, fz, there may not be too many to scoop up afterwards!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2142191)   #20
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending on whether the new Ferrari engine will fit, maybe a new chassis for A1?
Old 4 Mar 2008, 06:42 (Ref:2143846)   #21
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What if at Long Beach all the Champ Car drivers total their cars in the walls? What a sendoff!

If Champ Car can't have them. no one will!
Old 5 Mar 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2145010)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if DP09 = DP01 but with the different engine mountings. If that's the case, they have a use!
Old 5 Mar 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2145169)   #23
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not simply certify them for the IRL...according to what they have now.
the DP01 was oval certified- at least the tub. and the down force package can be tweaked, but variety is the spice of life-
put them in they can fit NA enfgine and they have the air scoop covers if needed ,from the Superleague formula which is a modified DP01...i beleive...
but heck the turbos will fit the dallara so use those first...
Old 6 Mar 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2145746)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The SF car might be a modified DP01, the aero package looks rather different, and the engine mountings must be - with a 4 litre V12.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2156568)   #25
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
The SF car might be a modified DP01, the aero package looks rather different, and the engine mountings must be - with a 4 litre V12.
I doubt Panoz would develop a totally new car for Superleague Formula when they have a bunch of DP01s lying around. I was told the show car they've been using is far from the final configuration, and that no engine has been produced. So surely the proven Cosworth V8 Turbo could replace the "when the hell is it gonna be tested anyway" MCT V12.

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?