Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 31 May 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2472983)   #1
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SEAT Ibiza 1.9 TDi Sport 100

Just currently looking at getting a 2nd hand Ibiza and wondered what the general feeling was.

Am wanting a diesel and they also seem relatively cheap to insure.

All advice would be great.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2473269)   #2
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Not quite the car you're looking at.

I've had a 52 plate 130 sport TDi and now have an 08 FR TDi.

Coming from petrol to diesel I noticed a difference for all of about a week. I found the first 130 a slightly more nose heavy car, bit harder sprung and requiring more gearchanging to get the best fun out of it. With the second one all I noticed was the firmer ride due to the narrow profile tyres.

I liked the first one enough to get another. Selling the first was easy - a couple of young lads were very interested
because as you say, they are cheap enough to insure, fast enough and tuneable. Even with the 130 version one I regularly get over 50mpg. If you can find one of the 130s go for that, you should enjoy the extra oomf. Looks like 500-1000 difference for an 06/56
130s
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...arch_full.y=13

100s
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...earch_full.y=8

The Ibiza does have it's little niggly faults though. Washer pipes popping off during the winter in the most inaccesible places being the worst. Changing headlight bulbs is another.
Visit seatcupra.net for more information.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2478164)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bargain priced Audi's.If the performance is not up to your requirements,you can always get it chipped,these engines respond very well to the treatment.Other that the small niggles mentioned,it should provide you with excellent reliabilty.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2478210)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Bargain priced Audi's.
I got a Skoda Fabia Vrs - it's got the same engine (in 130bhp form) and it goes like greased weasel poo. SEAT, Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda all share a lot of components - Audi just charge the most for them
Old 16 Jun 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2484795)   #5
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Evening All,

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I would love to have the 130bhp version but still being 24 is not in my advantage.

Probably going to go for the 100bhp version as there is no way I could afford the extra moonay for the car first and then the insurance second.

I just think it is a very smart looking car and it could suit me for the next few years to come.

Will keep you all updated.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2497812)   #6
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Robin_D, Saturday just gone i picked up a Seat Ibiza Sportrider 10months old, fully loaded and i mean everything with 4500 miles on the clock in silver. A cracking little motor, goes great and stops even better!!

After a part exchange i gave £2000 for it!!
Old 10 Jul 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2498737)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Evening All,

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I would love to have the 130bhp version but still being 24 is not in my advantage.

Probably going to go for the 100bhp version as there is no way I could afford the extra moonay for the car first and then the insurance second.

I just think it is a very smart looking car and it could suit me for the next few years to come.

Will keep you all updated.
Robin,dont suppose you have a sister who drives? If you have,ever thought of getting her to insure it,you WILL be amaised at the difference in quotes.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2501812)   #8
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Could always try and entice the Mrs into insuring it I suppose.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2501840)   #9
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought you liked your A Class Merc Robin?
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2501854)   #10
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Well Mr A, I'll let you into a little secret, it's not my car!

It's the old dears. Still it does a job, but is very taxi like!
Old 14 Jul 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2501882)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Could always try and entice the Mrs into insuring it I suppose.
It certainly would not do any harm.Funny how women can get insurance for a lot less these days.Get a quote on the web,I would be interested to know the outcome Robin.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2501899)   #12
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
robin i went for the audi a4 1.9 tdi 100bhp , it drags my trailer and race car all over the place at 30mpg and the tax is cheaper too so why go for the 130 ?
Old 10 Aug 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2519171)   #13
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
OK, I've been looking for the last few weekends for a car. Managed to find one today. An 06 reg Tdi FR 130.

Had a test drive and loved it from the first corner it took! The only thing i'm waiting for now is the dreaded finanace. Will it make or break me?! Oooh eck.