Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 10 Feb 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3366395)   #1
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
GT-Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Veggie Is there a market gap in Sportscar racing?

Hi,

At one stage of my life nearly half a decade ago I had a strong dream of racing a sports car. Small chassis, small engine (or bike engine) light weight and tons of performance.

a dream that has faded a way for multiple reasosns. Reasons to mention some:

1- Where I live, sportscar class hardly eexist (only in Dubai and Abu Dhabi they have the Radical series, which comes at "RADICAL cost $$" for a regular club-racer who wants to race from his own pocket).

2-As I mentioned above the cost of racing a quiality sports car would in most cases hit the 30GBP for the car alone. That also includes high-end caterhams (which are even much less common in Dubai and in our region).

3-I have been searching for kit-cars but very unfortuantely most (if not ALL) the kit car makers have a very low quality with even lower customer service quality. I was ripped off by a guy who used to own GT Tuning and I have heared that others had been ripped off by the same company too.

I also know a workshop man who had to go through hell just to get his parts complete for his Ultima (can you imagine a company with that name still offers a low quality service?! or was it only him that was having a bad luck?!!).

To make story short, kit cars makers have very low quality cars, the cars look cheap and ugly. Their websites look even worse, they dont answer your phone and they dont feel to be ready to deal with overseas customers.

So I really had no choice but to rece-prep 93 Civic (EG). The car is good but it is not really what I would love, also preparing a car takes lot of time and effor than having a car that is built for racing from the scratch.

So I couldnt find a good quality race car that costs around $50,000 or little more. A decent SR3 radical does cost about $90,000. So it s either this or end up with dealing with the ultra-low quality trust-un-worthy kit car makers. I see there is a huge fat market gap. Any thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers
Old 10 Feb 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3366431)   #2
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Driver View Post
Hi,

At one stage of my life nearly half a decade ago I had a strong dream of racing a sports car. Small chassis, small engine (or bike engine) light weight and tons of performance.

3-I have been searching for kit-cars but very unfortuantely most (if not ALL) the kit car makers have a very low quality with even lower customer service quality. I was ripped off by a guy who used to own GT Tuning and I have heared that others had been ripped off by the same company too.

I also know a workshop man who had to go through hell just to get his parts complete for his Ultima (can you imagine a company with that name still offers a low quality service?! or was it only him that was having a bad luck?!!).

To make story short, kit cars makers have very low quality cars, the cars look cheap and ugly. Their websites look even worse, they dont answer your phone and they dont feel to be ready to deal with overseas customers.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers
Strewth,

There are fantastic companies out there producing and servicing their products REALLY 1st class.

You have not done much looking or research.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3366472)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about the Mazda Miata?
Old 10 Feb 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3366482)   #4
matlockscot
Rookie

matlockscot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like you need a sports 2000 series over there. The Duratecs are pound for pound about as quick as you'll get in a sports car with new cars available from manufacturers like Gunn, MCR, March and Ray for £42,500 +VAT and a healthy selection of used cars from circa £20k.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3368817)   #5
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
I did mention in my post that a reasonable sports car can only be found at GBP 30,000+

Im a ware of Gunn race cars and the others
Old 15 Feb 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3368819)   #6
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Strewth,

There are fantastic companies out there producing and servicing their products REALLY 1st class.

You have not done much looking or research.
Yeah I have been searching on the web and in race cars mags and kit cars mags for over 3 years.

A good wuality car comes at ONLY GBP 30,000+ other than that you get nothing woth money.

Can you name any of what you said? Share the good info.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3368837)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sports 2000 for sure, or front engined Clubmans cars like Mallocks, Vision or Phantom.