3 0 0%
2 2 3.39%
1 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Apr 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2449890)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race - GP of Bahrain 2009

Race in the desert...
Old 26 Apr 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2449891)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Good opening laps then a bit boring, probably fault of the track more than anything, glad to see Jenson win and thought Lewis drove a blinder with the equipment he had.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2449900)   #3
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A decent race. Not boring but not a classic either. The opening 3 laps were brilliant though, I don't remember the last time I saw cars three abreast beyond the first corner! The track is just a bit too high speed for a bit too much to allow cars to bunch up close together and allow lots of overtaking.

Nice to see Piquet finish, by the way.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2449902)   #4
calibrax
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rochester, Kent
calibrax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No poll, and Bahrain spelling is wrong... get a grip!!!!
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2449914)   #5
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
ezepze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad race 6.5
Good race by jensen, Shame about the toyotas, and good drive by hamilton
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2449918)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2449926)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. Alright. Had its moments. 12 out of 10 by Bahrain standards.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2449928)   #8
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
12 out of 10 by Bahrain standards.
This is very true! I can't remember any of the previous Bahrain GPs.

....which says it all really
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2449941)   #9
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fell asleep so a 4 from me.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2449944)   #10
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with ^^, couldn't believe it when they said it was the 6th running.

7 out of 10
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2449947)   #11
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For bahrain it was ok
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2449958)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrax View Post
No poll, and Bahrain spelling is wrong... get a grip!!!!
No poll ??? Sorry, I was trapped by the legs of a w...

Sorry for the mispelling... I was thinking in another language.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2449973)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
No poll ??? Sorry, I was trapped by the legs of a w...
You'll have to keep your "w" under proper control in future.

I enjoyed the race,and not just because of the outcome.

Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2449976)   #14
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
I fell asleep so a 4 from me.
To be expected really from the low countries Come on Jenson & Brawn, got to be at least an 8 complete c**** up by Toyota, BMW 'where's the wood? even; Hamilton a good job done and those B***** Red Cars best place for them; 8 all round. I do agree with comment about the circuit BORING
Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2449980)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Charming stuff there.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2449983)   #16
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 - A decent race but nothing special.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2449984)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
6 for me. On the upper end of the utterly routine bracket.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2450019)   #18
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Utterly tedious, and I've almost completely forgotten the entire race already. 4.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2450022)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought these new rules were supposed to promote overtaking. What we need is a new push to pass button which when pressed makes the KERS system on the car ahead give its driver an electric shock in the right leg causing him to momentarily lift off !
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2450030)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I thought these new rules were supposed to promote overtaking. What we need is a new push to pass button which when pressed makes the KERS system on the car ahead give its driver an electric shock in the right leg causing him to momentarily lift off !
Interestingly Barrichello was alleged to have a 'boost button' on his Brawn,which kind of makes you wonder how much they were holding back!
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2450037)   #21
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
The new regs are working well. Bahrain just isn't the best circuit. In fact, in comparison to previous Bahrain GPs I'd go so far as to say this one was action packed"!
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2450040)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Interestingly Barrichello was alleged to have a 'boost button' on his Brawn,which kind of makes you wonder how much they were holding back!
Steve Matchett from Speed TV was saying (if I heard him correctly) that Brawn might allow the driver to use slightly higher revs for a certain amount of time during the race giving the impression that they have push to pass..
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2450041)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave the race a 7...I thought it was quite a good race myself..
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2450042)   #24
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Steve Matchett from Speed TV was saying (if I heard him correctly) that Brawn might allow the driver to use slightly higher revs for a certain amount of time during the race giving the impression that they have push to pass..
Brawn's "Push to Pass" is only in the form of their engine rev limiter though. Because Jenson and Rubens had been having cooling problems all weekend they had to have their revs turned down so they didn't explode. But when fighting to overtake people they were allowed to turn the revs up for a few minutes in order to get back that critical bit of power.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2450043)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Brawn's "Push to Pass" is only in the form of their engine rev limiter though. Because Jenson and Rubens had been having cooling problems all weekend they had to have their revs turned down so they didn't explode. But when fighting to overtake people they were allowed to turn the revs up for a few minutes in order to get back that critical bit of power.
I think you are spot on!