Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Jul 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4169544)   #4601
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t get the ‘Sir’ bit. I presume this is a jibe, but I don’t get it. I’m not that up on him though.
While talking about all that he’s done to improve the situation around Aston Martin, Stroll stated his staggering demand, According to Auto Car, speaking ahead of Aston’s capital markets day, he said, “I should be knighted for what I’ve done. I’ve saved thousands of jobs and built a new Formula 1 factory with hundreds of millions of investment.”
Old 23 Jul 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4169559)   #4602
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, OK. I missed that. Thanks.
Old 23 Jul 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4169570)   #4603
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don’t get the ‘Sir’ bit. I presume this is a jibe, but I don’t get it. I’m not that up on him though.

OT. Why not in WEC? I’m very skeptical and not that enamored with an Aston Hypercar after the messing around at the beginning of this rule set, but another entrant is another entrant. I guess the not wanting him in F1 comes from the whole waste Lance is a waste of a seat thing. Not that this is unusual in F1 really, but in sportscar the paddock is built on it.

But overall what’s the beef with him?

Heavy on this part.
Old 23 Jul 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4169576)   #4604
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In case anyone is interested, my son will be at the FOS with what he calls 'his' Valkyrie.
Is it a F6C Honda? More important, he had a good time there?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4169649)   #4605
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ah, OK. I missed that. Thanks.
What I am unclear on is whether it is a genuine belief, or if there is an element of tongue-in-cheek.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4169680)   #4606
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Is it a F6C Honda? More important, he had a good time there?
Yeah, I think so, although he was stuck in the hypercar paddock most of the time. But he is in Aragon right now.....
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4169885)   #4607
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad he enjoyed it. What did he think of the Hypercar paddock? Aragon, I heard that's quite a tough circuit, so best of luck to him
Old 12 Sep 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4176451)   #4608
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/a...imsa/10519417/

Iinteresting

Sean
Old 12 Sep 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4176460)   #4609
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly ive not been this excited for anything WEC related in years. I hope it comes off, that V12 could be INCREDIBLE.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4176461)   #4610
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting. As I normally have 'inside knowledge' there, I've not heard of this before.... I've always known it was possible, provided someone came to the table with a lot of cash.....
Old 12 Sep 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4176467)   #4611
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Heart of Racing can definitely find someone with some money to help Ian James and co play with an extra fancy new toy

And Lance might need a new place to play and race in the future so A plus # equals 5 right
Old 12 Sep 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4176472)   #4612
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lance may well be the key.......
Old 12 Sep 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4176475)   #4613
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If this comes off, the trajectory of top-level sportscars is just incredible. To add that programme to what is already coming next year. Just unbelievable!

Even if they have their work cut out to be winning races the goodwill for it will be massive.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4176478)   #4614
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remain skeptical about this project but will keep fingers crossed. Would be crazy to finally see this V12 beast on track BTW I had no idea Multimatic is involved there as well.
Old 13 Sep 2023, 05:37 (Ref:4176502)   #4615
Bobo79
Rookie

Bobo79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
BTW I had no idea Multimatic is involved there as well.
Pretty sure they did nearly all the development work for both the road and track cars. I don’t think Newey was involved at all with the Pro which is to all intents and purposes is a totally different car to the road car (even the tub is different).
Old 13 Sep 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4176510)   #4616
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to know, thank you.
Old 13 Sep 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4176513)   #4617
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Assuming then that they do enter the Valkyarie, where does the road design end and the race car design start? Do they strip it down to the tub then design a bespoke racer or do they use current bodywork etc?
Old 13 Sep 2023, 11:47 (Ref:4176520)   #4618
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they do have over a year to get it ready. And, in that time, there will be changes to it... many that will upset some, but will fit in the present frame of the rules and regs.

First of... the engine. This present one was built to the rules as they were in 2019-22, what they will be building to are the rules post-'23, which involves the BoP, 520kw base, among other things. Trying to down scale an engine of that size and capability will become a losing proposition. Don't be surprised if they chose to go a different direction, either a N/A V8 or a turbo V6/V8.

Don't say you weren't warned...

The basic chassis isn't bad by any respects, it's the drivers compartment that will be slightly changed. Remember, the road car manufacture requirement has, practically, been dropped, so building a racer is a fait accomple, freeing AM up.

You get the picture... the car that was presented years ago will be vastly different to the one we'll be seeing on track in '25.
Old 13 Sep 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4176527)   #4619
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From all comments on it the engine is mentioned and clearly stated to be part of the project but ok, yeah they'll definitely want to change that out for an MB unit of course
Old 13 Sep 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4176529)   #4620
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
From all comments on it the engine is mentioned and clearly stated to be part of the project but ok, yeah they'll definitely want to change that out for an MB unit of course
Neil Brown unit?
Old 13 Sep 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4176531)   #4621
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you look at many of the offerings in both LMH/LMDh, there are several units that are revisions of previous builds that are still in their "warehouses". AM is no exception, with several V8s that they ran in the past.
Old 13 Sep 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4176540)   #4622
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Keeping my fingers crossed - for the project to materialize but most of all to hear the sound of a whaling V12 again!
Old 14 Sep 2023, 03:01 (Ref:4176566)   #4623
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Seems the car is 90% ready. The articles read like the 'Pro' version is the gentleman's defunt (for the time) LMH. With the engine putting out all its goods and maybe some unique aero that needs toned down for the WEC? What's left but to pick up the pieces and finish the work with some Lawrence blessings and a good amount of cash?
Old 14 Sep 2023, 07:05 (Ref:4176575)   #4624
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Like the look of it so far. Especially in that colour scheme. Can't wait to see how it goes against the others next year. Either way it's good to have a name like Aston back in the top class
Old 14 Sep 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4176583)   #4625
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting development and great if true. Reported on motorsport.com but no news about it on Sportscar media websites (sportscar 365 and dailysportscar) making me question a little bit the validity of the report.

But like others have posted, not sure how suitable the car is for the revised Hypercar regulations. And a V12 whilst glorious, feels like the wrong engine for such formula. And I remember seeing something somewhere where it was explained why