Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jan 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2608331)   #276
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the Proton on slicks?
Old 5 Jan 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2608338)   #277
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory 2003 was the first year back on the R-spec tyres.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2608725)   #278
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Anyone heard about any current V8 drivers doing the race?
Pretty sure Bargwanna will be there in a Pearson (Pro-Duct) Mitsubishi.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2608752)   #279
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
The RS did a best of 2:55 in 2009, the Satria pulled a 2:52 back in 2003.....
I'm guessing you are talking about the 2003 40 lap sprint production race that supported the B24 hour, which is a little different compared to a 200 lap plus endurance race. In the same race a 1.3L Daihatsu Sirion did a 2.57 in qualifying which is quicker than the Satria qualified in the 2008 12 hour.

In the end I hope that people follow through and enter their cars so that we can see battle upon battle occur.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 03:59 (Ref:2609851)   #280
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
I'm guessing you are talking about the 2003 40 lap sprint production race that supported the B24 hour, which is a little different compared to a 200 lap plus endurance race. In the same race a 1.3L Daihatsu Sirion did a 2.57 in qualifying which is quicker than the Satria qualified in the 2008 12 hour.

In the end I hope that people follow through and enter their cars so that we can see battle upon battle occur.
Pretty sure Rick Bates was driving the car then, shared with Motor Magazine's Michael Taylor.

The Bates factor would contribute some speed, and I think that history will show 2003 was a very good year for surface and conditions at Mount Panorama...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2609934)   #281
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not for the 2hr it wasn't.....

http://www.pbase.com/nathanwong/bathurst_2hr&page=all

Davo - the Satria in 2008 was far from speedy, it was/is nowhere near as fast as the cars driven by David Russell in the 2001/02/03 seasons.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2610285)   #282
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Not for the 2hr it wasn't.....

http://www.pbase.com/nathanwong/bathurst_2hr&page=all

Davo - the Satria in 2008 was far from speedy, it was/is nowhere near as fast as the cars driven by David Russell in the 2001/02/03 seasons.
There are some good photos in that album.

As i said earlier i'm hoping that the Proton enters as I would like to see more closer competition in that class. Last year the 05 RS was more than 10 secs a lap quicker than the 08 2.0R impreza.

2009 Qualifying
Impreza RS 05 - 2:55.9575
Impreza 2.0R 08 - 3:08.7530 (upgraded to WRX for 2010)

Impreza RS won class, 2.0R too slow.

2008 Qualifying
Impreza RS - 2:55.4709
Proton Satria GTI - 2:58.0050
Hyundai Sonata - 3:01.2178

Hyundai won the class due to Impreza & Proton having mech problems. The Impreza was chasing the Hyundai down all afternoon and finished on the same lap.

2007 Qualifying
Impreza RS - 2:57.1506
BMW 120i - 3:01.6396

BMW 120i won, RS engine expired around 10th - 11th hour.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2610348)   #283
alfacors
Veteran

It's all pie in the sky as the one I know of for sale hasn't been bought, and even if someone wanted to, it would be pushing to be ready in time in terms of getting a team together, sponsors, drivers etc. Not sure how many sponsors would get behind a 7 year old Satria GTi, even if it has the potential to win its class. I'm not sure what's happened to the Harris GTi from 2008, but it was never a threat, too slow and with unrealised potential.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 01:40 (Ref:2610790)   #284
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
I thought I would throw out a few questions,

What do you think of the current class structures?
What would improve competition within classes?

I was looking through the eligibility list and was thinking that certain cars listed within certain classes would be more competitive in others.
In Class A, there is no point entering other cars bar an Evo or STI, (a VW R20 or Audi TTRS when released may have a chance).
Cars such as an Alfa Romeo Brera, Volvo S40 T5 AWD would be better against a MPS 3 or BMW 130i. Who cares whether they are AWD, that is a competitive advantage for that car. A MPS 6, Liberty GT would not keep up with a Evo, they would be more competitive against XR6T's or SS Commodores.
Some manufacturers may enter cars if they believed their cars would have more of a chance at winning the class.
The new M3 is sticky point, but maybe allowing the previous M3 E46 to race as it raced in the performance car championship, and I imagine a few are still in garages, same goes with the RX7.
I think combining the Hot hatch's and sedans to make Class C was a good idea, same goes with combining the Diesel classes.
I know they base the entries on the PCAA class structures and race one of the PCAA, but do you think the PCAA classes could be improved?

Other suggestions include
- Allowing more overseas models
- Possibly allowing petrol cars that only have a automatic trans option in Australia to enter a manual trans option if avaialable overseas
- Maybe the Class H utes could race against the SS & XR6T sedans and the Class G JCW Mini's could race against the MPS 3's & BMW 130i's, (could mean dividing the hot hatch's and sedans again).
- Nissan Skyline R35, BMW M3, MERC C63?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2610795)   #285
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agree with most of what you say davo.
The Mini and V8 ute classes are a bit superfluous, and they should be incorporated into existing classes.
I don't think you are going to get the best possible diesel entries (or other alternative power) until some form of index of performance based on carbon footprint is intoduced.
Was involved with some blokes who were doing an excersise to promote bio diesel year before last, but it wasn't feasible for two reasons. Compulsory use of organiser supplied fuel, and no recognition of anything other than a class win possible.
In these times of fashionable greeness it could open the event to a whole new level of public interest.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2610936)   #286
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A more internationally-freindly Grid would certainly re-ignite major interest in the event. Its good to see the event having been revived but the field is well, too over complicated in the sense that there are too many classes A)Of Similar Stature B)or are Generally Useless. The Ute class being merged with the Production Sedan class would add abit of tasty interest barring that competition is close.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2611342)   #287
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Just reading the December B12 hour newsletter. They have released a provisional entry list, but the link from the newsletter doesn't seem too work, does anyone know of the list?

They have also released a list of drivers looking for a drive & Luke Searle's name is on it, guessing no BMW 135i from the Searle family.

1 x Osborne Celica is available for lease.

Some interesting drivers looking for drives and cars to lease.

Also reading that Dean Herridge will saddle up with Jim Hunter in the STI, and the second WRX is for Warren Bossie & Glen Featherstone. Third drivers not confirmed yet.
Jim Hunter has announced drivers -

Car 1 - Jim Hunter, Dean Herridge & Barton Mawer
Car 2 - Warren Bossie, GLen Featherstone & Mark Tutton
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2611353)   #288
alfacors
Veteran

Great to see Bart having a steer!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2611472)   #289
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone heard anything about any of the HSV teams from the 2009 race? Looks like there will not be one entered...
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 11 Jan 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2611500)   #290
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another Works-assisted Evo

Wonder what Mr Brame has been up to... seems to pop up for this event each year... such a long time since he dominated his class in the little Suzuki GTi
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jan 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2612079)   #291
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The January Newsletter is interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The NEwsletter
January 2010 Newsletter

Only 31 days remaining until the 2010 Event!!

Major News: More drivers permitted to run per entry

The Organising Committee has decided to increase the number of maximum drivers from 3 to 4. This change will allow all competitors including those that have already submitted their Entry Form to secure a 4th driver if necessary to assist with amortising costs for the Event. The change to the ruling will be listed in the Further Regulations.
Now its 4 drivers per car
Old 12 Jan 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2612092)   #292
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$ have been allowed every other year, so I am not sure why they changed it anyway.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Jan 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2612101)   #293
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Is there a tarmac rally or overseas endurance race at the same time as the 12hr which may explain why there are no entries so far by Tony Quinn, Donut King or the New Zealand team TJM that entered the two HSV's?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2612356)   #294
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is there a tarmac rally or overseas endurance race at the same time as the 12hr which may explain why there are no entries so far by Tony Quinn, Donut King or the New Zealand team TJM that entered the two HSV's?
Don't think so, and none of the above are entered for Dubai 24hr next weekend.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:05 (Ref:2612532)   #295
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Don't think so, and none of the above are entered for Dubai 24hr next weekend.
I wonder who will take the opportunity to run 4 drivers in one car. With the lack (dare I say it?) of entries so far, maybe the race in its 4th year is already becoming too expensive for its own good?

Would be good to see an updated entry list as opposed to the one which was released on the website 4-5 weeks ago, just to clarify any new entries.
Also, has anyone got any entry lists for the support races?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 13 Jan 2010, 05:06 (Ref:2612559)   #296
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
I wonder who will take the opportunity to run 4 drivers in one car. With the lack (dare I say it?) of entries so far, maybe the race in its 4th year is already becoming too expensive for its own good?

Would be good to see an updated entry list as opposed to the one which was released on the website 4-5 weeks ago, just to clarify any new entries.
Also, has anyone got any entry lists for the support races?
GT3CC entries don't close until Friday so would be no point putting out a pro-forma list. But usual suspects will be there with a 35+ grid. Lots of new cars and drivers in the series but many without necessary number of race meetings in log book to qualify for Bathurst event so shortens the field a tad.

My understanding of B12hour entries so far is that they are line ball with numbers at same time last year.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2612566)   #297
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Improved production has a couple of places left, so at least 50 cars on the grid.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Jan 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2612574)   #298
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Improved production has a couple of places left, so at least 50 cars on the grid.
Is the "Shanes Signs" machine making an appearance?
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2612586)   #299
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is the "Shanes Signs" machine making an appearance?
Nope, I have 2 racecars in pieces at the moment. Plus the budget doesn't stretch that far.

Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2612640)   #300
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Nope, I have 2 racecars in pieces at the moment. Plus the budget doesn't stretch that far.
Run the ute