Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3305353)   #126
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a dying series, I think half the teams have hardly any cash

And they are going to places like Turkey and Russia as they are the only folk willing pay for the privilege!

Great WS race as always, but Superbike as it stands in that championship is dead for me.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3305360)   #127
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post

On another sombre note, I wondered why La Marra was not at the Nurburgring, there was a brief mention by the commentators wishing him well, this is why...

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-sb...-is-awake.html
I heard Jack n Jim mention something but I didnt realise its that bad. Hes a top talent, hope he recovers.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3305682)   #128
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Its a dying series, I think half the teams have hardly any cash

And they are going to places like Turkey and Russia as they are the only folk willing pay for the privilege!

Great WS race as always, but Superbike as it stands in that championship is dead for me.
I see the Spanish CEV series is going International - or European anyway...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3305689)   #129
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting, owned by the Dorna of course

For me WSB is very badly run, it has revelled in its own self importance for to long and not moved with the times, they should have brought in ess electronics years ag, not allowed it to get out of control so the bikes all sound like twins.

WSS has been better, but a lot of the grid are useless!

Superstock is often a great race, and thats the point, it always has been!

I just cant see any direction from WSB, it looks aimless and bereft of ideas, and now BMW and Aprilia re deserting them who is going to watch it anymore.

Most companies only have budget for one major investment, the days of factory teams in WSB and GP are over, with the reliance on huge electronics budgets, if you banned it all it might get a bit more cheap.

But thats never going to happen
Old 27 Sep 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3309956)   #130
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laguna Seca this weekend with AMA wild cards - shall be interesting to see how the Yamaha goes....
Old 28 Sep 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3310498)   #131
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Laguna Seca this weekend with AMA wild cards - shall be interesting to see how the Yamaha goes....
Race 1 starts in about a little under 40mins I think, have world superbikes ever raced on a Saturday at Laguna before? I guess it's to avoid clashing with the other lot racing at Aragon.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3310512)   #132
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its a bit stupid and I bet hundreds don't realise its on!

To be fair Saturday night in Europe is not the best time to show anything! Especially at 10pm!

they were just talking about the last time they were there in 2002, and how the lap record hasn't changed much! Says it all for me, two guys Colin and Bayliss at the top of their game, and since then we haven't really had anything stellar!
Old 29 Sep 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3310789)   #133
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Its a bit stupid and I bet hundreds don't realise its on!

To be fair Saturday night in Europe is not the best time to show anything! Especially at 10pm!

they were just talking about the last time they were there in 2002, and how the lap record hasn't changed much! Says it all for me, two guys Colin and Bayliss at the top of their game, and since then we haven't really had anything stellar!
The lap record was eclipsed by a good margin in the end. Despite the restarts, we eventually got a good race, one of the best of the year with the top 5 quite close together. It even reminded me of te old days around Laguna. I'm looking forward to race 2.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3310794)   #134
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Sad to say after the decond red flag I went to bed, just counldnt be that fussed anymore!
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3310993)   #135
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Race 2 was pretty good & good to see 4 riders still half a chance, though i hope Sykes & Kwaka win...
Talk that Melandri will be on an Aprilia next year & Laverty being somewhere else?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3311015)   #136
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Talk that Melandri will be on an Aprilia next year & Laverty being somewhere else?
Laverty is in talks with Aspar and Pramac for a MotoGP ride. We could have two Lavertys in MotoGP next year!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3311305)   #137
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Three Laverty's in BSB many years ago, not sure if three Hyadens have ever been in AMA.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3311385)   #138
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
3 Haydens rode AMA in 2002 - not the same class tho...

Ten Kate keep Rea & Haslam for 2014!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3311388)   #139
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Sad to say after the decond red flag I went to bed, just counldnt be that fussed anymore!
That's a shame, it was a good one and as gomick says, race 2 was another good scrap too, 5 riders very close together at the front racing hard. I doubt we saw anything as interesting in the all years they spent going to Miller.

I tend to watch the races several hours delayed so I can fast forward through the extraneous studio stuff at the beginning, ads and red flag restarts or tedious processions.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3313627)   #140
cg7aa
Veteran

Sykes and his ZX-10 took a sledgehammer to the Aprillias in race two at Magny Cours today; utterly dominant win. It must be galling for Kawasaki that they may miss out on the manufacturer's title because their second riders for one reason or another have not scored the points they should or could have scored to compliment Sykes' sizeable haul. I wonder how Lascorz would have done this year. We'll never know sadly.

Congratulations to Lowes on his championship, I was surprised last November when I heard he had signed for a Russian backed team, I didn't think they would have the technical resources, boy was I wrong! Kenan seemed gracious in defeat. Iddon rode superbly on the MV too, could they challenge regularly next season?

We had another close call this weekend though, it may well be my perception but we seem to have had more freak accidents this season, Bergman's supersport 1000 crash was just appalling.

On the subject of accidents, I heard La Marra had regained consciousness but during today's race it was mentioned he was in an induced coma, I hope the commentators were simply out of date with their facts.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I must say, I like the French crowd at Magny Cours, they seem to come in numbers and are quite vocal, it must make for a nice atmosphere, I'm tempted to go there next year just to see what it's like.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3314059)   #141
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Sykes smashed them didn't he...
Congrats to Sam Lowes - entertaining Supersport race, pity a 3rd bike wasn't up there more often fighting with Kenan & Sam... Good ride by Iddon on the MV!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3315906)   #142
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post

On the subject of accidents, I heard La Marra had regained consciousness but during today's race it was mentioned he was in an induced coma, I hope the commentators were simply out of date with their facts.

Its difficult getting info on his condition, especially not being an Italian speaker.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3315908)   #143
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Although this infers hes been released http://www.motoblog.it/post/242935/e...riabilitazione
Old 19 Oct 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3319988)   #144
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Carlos Checa has finally called it a day in his career which spanned 20 years... Laverty on pole from Sykes at Jerez!
Old 26 Oct 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3323264)   #145
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Ducati & Alstare split for 2014...
Old 26 Oct 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3323267)   #146
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bike is a total embarrassment, so no surprise.

Aprilia no doubt for 2014, like just about everyone else, such a shame for the series as it is being totally transformed and a few barren years ahead.

Who knew ee? Dorna take it over and look what happens!
Old 26 Oct 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3323402)   #147
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Should we expect many "Evo" bikes?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3323555)   #148
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think the championships should be only for them.

Allowing the same tech in this series as is pretty much in MotoGP is insanity.

Yamaha were spending as much on electronics in their last years as on anything else, and that shouldn't continue.

I hear people like Ryder talking about, you cant go back, but if people stop watching mate, they wont have a choice

Electronics deciding championships is not what I want to see, which is why people like Marquez, Biaggi, and to some extent Sykes don't get as much credit as they might otherwise.

Sykes wrecks the rear tyre, always has done, yet with the miracles of electronics he now is just about able to look after it

Marquez loses the font and rear every bend, yet with the miracle of electronics is able to get away with it.

I am an old fashioned fan, I like to see a rider sitting on the HIS limit, not Magneti Marelli's I am afraid.

When you watch a guy like Villopoto or Stewart on a crosser, THEY are guys at the limit of themselves, the bike is a tool, not a computer
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3323922)   #149
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Bike is a total embarrassment, so no surprise.

The press release implied Alstare downsizing due to sponsor loss played a part but who knows what the real reasons are.

Anyway, it's been a dramatic two weekends of bike racing in all sorts of series, congratulations to Tom Sykes and Kawasaki, not too shabby when your first ever championship is a world title.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3324061)   #150
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I am fairly sure he might have won a british supersport title at one time, or he was pipped at the post maybe.

But I cant remember