Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Apr 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3389711)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ingall Cops $15,000 Fine

Story Here

A fine + an apology to race officials!

Lucky lucky boy...!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Apr 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3389715)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
$10000 suspended, no points penalty

very lucky
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3389993)   #3
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye to honest responses in the post-race interviews.

I believe he was at fault but the anger stems from inconsistency, something only the officials have control over.

Slade's non drive-thru.
Whincup's car controller.
Multiple post race penalties, its no wonder Roland made a point of supporting Ingalls comments.

Also, I thought Lucas was facing his own penalty, where did that go? Or is that not news.

Well it at least got V8s a mention on the radio......
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3389999)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Goodbye to honest responses in the post-race interviews.

I believe he was at fault but the anger stems from inconsistency, something only the officials have control over.

Slade's non drive-thru.
Whincup's car controller.
Multiple post race penalties, its no wonder Roland made a point of supporting Ingalls comments.

Also, I thought Lucas was facing his own penalty, where did that go? Or is that not news.

Well it at least got V8s a mention on the radio......
I dont think threatening officials in post race interviews is a good look.
If russell had have stuck to legitimate issues without the threats there would be no issue with what he said and no fine

Personally I think he should have been fined extra for the worn out cliches he used
Old 8 Apr 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3390000)   #5
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I love the passion and outburst of emotions, I do blame Channel 7 for typically shoving microphones in the mouth of these drivers when tempers are high.
They should take part of the blame for incidents like this. The KNEW he would be fired up, they got what they wanted for us watching at home, but in the end Rusty got penalised. Next time NO ONE will say booh when being spoken too by Ch7 for the fear again of being fined.
HOWEVER I guess threatening comments don't go down too well I guess with officials.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3390029)   #6
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Personally I think he should have been fined extra for the worn out cliches he used

But yes, could have done without the threats, but he hardly headbutted the camera, swearing for revenge and calling out Schenken, or whoever, to a one-on-one in a blind rage.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:29 (Ref:3390045)   #7
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Whilst I love the passion and outburst of emotions, I do blame Channel 7 for typically shoving microphones in the mouth of these drivers when tempers are high.
They should take part of the blame for incidents like this. The KNEW he would be fired up, they got what they wanted for us watching at home, but in the end Rusty got penalised. Next time NO ONE will say booh when being spoken too by Ch7 for the fear again of being fined.
HOWEVER I guess threatening comments don't go down too well I guess with officials.
Rubbish. Ingall has been doing this for 20 years. He knew exactly what he was saying. And he didn't just say it to Channel 7 - he then repeated a lot of it, and expanded on it, to the print media afterwards.

And this has nothing to do with character or passion or freedom of speech or any of that. This was about disparaging and threatening race officials publicly. That's never on.

And to echo everyone else - very, very lucky. That went beyond disrepute into actual threats. If a football player said those things about a referee or a judiciary member they would be sitting on the sidelines for a very long time.

The really stupid thing was that it was about an incident where he was clearly to blame.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3390105)   #8
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
V8Supercar Media is the one doing the telecast, They are the one's who let the footage get played on air.

If they didn't play the footage, would Ingall have got the fine?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3390109)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the cameras weren't on Triple Eight's pit stops all the time, would they be getting pinged for all and sundry?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3390127)   #10
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Rubbish. Ingall has been doing this for 20 years. He knew exactly what he was saying. And he didn't just say it to Channel 7 - he then repeated a lot of it, and expanded on it, to the print media afterwards.

And this has nothing to do with character or passion or freedom of speech or any of that. This was about disparaging and threatening race officials publicly. That's never on.

And to echo everyone else - very, very lucky. That went beyond disrepute into actual threats. If a football player said those things about a referee or a judiciary member they would be sitting on the sidelines for a very long time.

The really stupid thing was that it was about an incident where he was clearly to blame.
Unless I've missed something, he didn't actually threaten anybody himself, but made the point of taking said "peanuts" over to the crowd and letting them have their way. Which of course would never have actually taken place, when the smoke would have cleared and everybody would have cooled down.
Well guess what? No punches were thrown, no pushing or shoving, no need to take the kiddies out of the room, just the Enforcer strengthening his brand name. He made his point on national TV, got plenty of coverage and it only cost him 5 grand, if indeed any money actually changes hands. Both V8SC & Russell are winners here. The series needs a few personalities. It does the whole circus the world of good, when something like this and McLaughlin's post race gaffe at Clipsal happens. You can bet we will be seeing plenty of replays throughout the season.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3390363)   #11
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Unless I've missed something, he didn't actually threaten anybody himself, but made the point of taking said "peanuts" over to the crowd and letting them have their way. Which of course would never have actually taken place, when the smoke would have cleared and everybody would have cooled down.
Well guess what? No punches were thrown, no pushing or shoving, no need to take the kiddies out of the room, just the Enforcer strengthening his brand name. He made his point on national TV, got plenty of coverage and it only cost him 5 grand, if indeed any money actually changes hands. Both V8SC & Russell are winners here. The series needs a few personalities. It does the whole circus the world of good, when something like this and McLaughlin's post race gaffe at Clipsal happens. You can bet we will be seeing plenty of replays throughout the season.
“I tell you what, I’d like to drag those guys down and take them over to all of those spectators over there and see (what they think about it).
“They’d kick the s*** out of them.”

He's saying that the decisions of race officials deserve to be met with violence. That's a threat, whatever way you want to spin it.

And while I agree there was no harm in McLaughlin's comment, there's been no replays of it with the f-word included. All edited out. And you won't be seeing a replay of Ingall's spray either.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3390366)   #12
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
“I tell you what, I’d like to drag those guys down and take them over to all of those spectators over there and see (what they think about it).
“They’d kick the s*** out of them.”
Just proves how dumb he was. Could have said almost as much with a bit of humour and they wouldn't have been able to touch him.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3390367)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rusty Apologises
Old 9 Apr 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3390384)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Barest possibly apology. He's just a hot headed moron.

He was at fault and should have copped it sweet.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3390397)   #15
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Yeah, it was the classic non-apology.

'Sorry if you were offended by my comments' in the middle of a full page of justification about why he was right all along.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3390404)   #16
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like The Enforcer should be the next Driving Standards Observer

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 9 Apr 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3390410)   #17
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Barest possibly apology. He's just a hot headed moron.

He was at fault and should have copped it sweet.
So you've just publicly in writing made a similar judgement as he did (you have both on the record targeted someone using insulting tone), yet in your case it is ok?
Old 9 Apr 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3390412)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
So you've just publicly in writing made a similar judgement as he did (you have both on the record targeted someone using insulting tone), yet in your case it is ok?
Well if I said lets get Ingall here and let the forum ferals kick the **** out of him because he's a moron and does this all the time you might have a case...
Old 9 Apr 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3390488)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by redesp View Post
Yes, he should. I would imagine the WP cars would be in the pits every lap though for some infringement or other
Old 10 Apr 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3390693)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, it was the classic non-apology.

'Sorry if you were offended by my comments' in the middle of a full page of justification about why he was right all along.
That's what i was going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well if I said lets get Ingall here and let the forum ferals kick the **** out of him because he's a moron and does this all the time you might have a case...
Exactly. Insulting officials is bad enough, advocating or suggesting violence is far worse.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3390716)   #21
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everybody seems to be getting off their soft-coque, tri-cycles here.
Has the past been forgotten! Skaife running out on the track shaking his fist, Murphy and Ambrose getting into a finger pointing derby at the mountain, Longhurst punching Morris .
Fair dinkum..... an aging Enforcer would be flat out beating time with a stick! No wonder he suggested the crowd might do it. You see more punch ups on prime time TV every week at all codes of footy. Violence, my arse. He got out of the car a bit hot under the collar and vented his spleen.
Storm in a teacup!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3390720)   #22
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Everybody seems to be getting off their soft-coque, tri-cycles here.
Has the past been forgotten! Skaife running out on the track shaking his fist, Murphy and Ambrose getting into a finger pointing derby at the mountain, Longhurst punching Morris .
Fair dinkum..... an aging Enforcer would be flat out beating time with a stick! No wonder he suggested the crowd might do it. You see more punch ups on prime time TV every week at all codes of footy. Violence, my arse. He got out of the car a bit hot under the collar and vented his spleen.
Storm in a teacup!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3390723)   #23
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
ha ha, so Rusty has a history of threatening people then.

Penalty should be worse

of course he coped it pretty hard for that one
Old 11 Apr 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3390949)   #24
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redesp View Post
1990's BTCC anyone?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 03:21 (Ref:3390954)   #25
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Plus 1.

How precious can you get?