Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1764738)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Healey-100s

Hi just wondered if anyone has any foolproof info on chassis No 3703.What happened to the car etc,I belive that it was originally driven by Ron Flockhart,is this correct?Thanks in anticipation.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1764860)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Better in the main forum than chassis archive at this stage, Terence!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1765037)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Better in the main forum than chassis archive at this stage, Terence!
Thanks John, should I repost or could it be moved.?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1765072)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has been moved already, the blue instead of brown might give a clue!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1765335)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
It has been moved already, the blue instead of brown might give a clue!
Thanks again,Ive been out and only just looked !
Old 14 Nov 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1765585)   #6
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats its registration No ???
Old 14 Nov 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1765608)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Walker
Whats its registration No ???
OJW 303
Old 14 Nov 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1766064)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I used to own a 100/6 reg no. 6360 D I wonder where that is I sold it for £250, it was my 60's pride and joy and I done it up to look like the works rally cars one that was based near where I lived in Edgware, lady racer from memory? I did a photoshoot and have some pictures somewhere, but hey that don't help you much apart from the fact I had them apart a few times that and my later Mk 111 or was that a Mk2a. :-)
Old 14 Nov 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1766089)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Could well have been Thelma Seggal, she lived in that area Al, so how come you went off of Healeys?
Old 14 Nov 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1766148)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes that would have been her, her son or other half was Sid as I recollect no her son about my age was Vaughn.

How did I turn to V8's? Well when I had the Healeys I really wanted an AC Cobra and could not afford one. I was working at Roger Nathans in Fortis Green garage at the time and Paul Hawkins was based there with his GT40 outfit and I fell in love with the V8s then. I tried to buy a disused Lola T70 covered in birds crap off Paul and was going to stick a mild V8 in it and use it on the road (you mad limey bugger I think Paul called me when I kept nagging him t sell it to me) and we were advanced with the negotiations and I was raising the money (under a grand I kid you not!) when Paul sadly hit a tree at Oulton Park one weekend and never came back which was a double blow for me, of course apart from loosing a mate and I also was hoping to join the team I also lost the car, such is life.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 14 Nov 2006 at 19:44.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1766468)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Its always the same Al,you think things are going your way,then some how it all go,es to nothing,been there several times myself, like driving to Spa with a promise of a drive only to find that its been sold on the way over!!!!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1767859)   #12
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting back OT....
I believe that 100S was written off in 1958 when in Chequered Flag ownership
Old 16 Nov 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1767868)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hi David,thanks for the reply,I was aware of the shunt,I was under the impression that it occured on the Mille Miglia[hit a bridge]I did a lot of work on the rebuilt" car" whilst working for a previous employer,but of course we never had access to the original chassis number.The original chassis ,complete with heavey damage has now resurfaced,it still has the chassis plate attached,3703.Its been owned by the same guy for the last 40 years ,I,m just trying to piece everything together for a good friend of mine.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1768323)   #14
Ted Walker
Veteran

oh bugger....................it just goes to show that old racing cars NEVER DIE
Old 25 Nov 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1774707)   #15
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OR is it a case of "Old chassis plates never die"

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1774738)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The Chassis Plate IS the most important thing Dtype,just ask the dozens of other owners of "Historic" car,s.I dont care if he does,nt sell it ,he,s asked me to race it at LeMans next year!!!
Old 26 Nov 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1775096)   #17
Ted Walker
Veteran

would have thought that IF its the original remains with its plate theres not a problem
Old 26 Nov 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1775112)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Exactly Ted, He has the original Engine ,G/box and rear Axle ,even down to the original brakes and Suspension,a lot more than quite a few of these ""Original"cars of today.There is no way the chassis could have been repaired,it,s too badly damaged.It is much better to do it this way rather than just having a simple piece of tubing with a number stamped into it and building the rest of the car around it !