Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 27 Dec 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3488045)   #1
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seats FIA Approved?

What seat are you using and do you recommend it? I'm building a Ford Ka Hill Climber and need a decent adjustable Seat that's not too heavy and reasonably priced. Suggestions guys?
Old 27 Dec 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3488110)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I thought that the FIA approved seats can only be "fixed" and only adjustable by moving it about with the floor brackets ? however I'm probably wrong and someone with a blue book will let you know.
Normally if there is more than one driver the seat is fixed for the tallest and the others have to use a bolster at the change over.
Obviously if it is within your regs that actually allow it to be adjustable then fair enough and you could probably pick one up second hand in good nick as most aren't used that much.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Dec 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3488226)   #3
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hill Climbs here are a bit more relaxed here in Oz, hence Runners can be used. Circuit guys here have to fix their seats.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3489999)   #4
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Runners can be used if they are AS spec in (upto) National events
When you say adjustable above did you mean adjustable back though? (Cause that isn't allowed in races, only sprints)

If you want a fixed back I would suggest Velo as the only local manufacturer of FIA seats.