Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Aug 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3760983)   #251
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds bloody good though, please buy plenty teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Aug 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3760988)   #252
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Car has only been racing half a year, and it's one an IMSA race. Hardly crap, or a long time.

Good news for the GTE market that one.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3761077)   #253
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The typical thing of Porsche - once a higher tier class gets abandoned, suddenly the GT racing programme is worth more. Now if they only manage to get some competitive customers in GT3 racing again ...
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3762387)   #254
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
This thread should be moved to the ACO subforum.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3762390)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
This thread should be moved to the ACO subforum.
True. Consider it done. (There will be others..... ).
Old 28 Aug 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3762442)   #256
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
NaBUru is going to become the Moving Thread Police!
Old 29 Aug 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3762664)   #257
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I volunteer as tribute!
Old 6 Sep 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3764912)   #258
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Porsche will sell customer 911s in the WEC, LMS and maybe IMSA next year:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...ased-gt-focus/
And they have sold six at a million euros each. Madness.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3764954)   #259
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And they have sold six at a million euros each. Madness.
Supply and Demand baby.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3765000)   #260
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Supply and Demand baby.
Unsustainable insanity, baby.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3765022)   #261
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
True. Consider it done. (There will be others..... ).
So they do not run GTLMs in North America?

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3765033)   #262
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Unsustainable insanity, baby.
Not wrong for sure. Porsche perhaps to blame for intentionally limiting the supply knowing certain customers (Proton) will pay top dollar. If the number of chassis available was larger it could drive down the price per car. So yeah a little bit of manipulating going on here. Its too bad, maybe someone like Flying Lizard could have considered it otherwise. Cause the 911 RSR is an awesome car. I wonder if the same thing will happen with Ford. It seems like the only ones who are not trying to greatly limit their supply in GTE is Ferrari and Aston Martin. If I am Joe Millionaire and I want to race a GTE somewhere. Those might be my only two options.

Actually if I was Joe Millioniare and I wanted to go sportscar racing I'd probably want to run a GT3 Mercedes as my first choice. Maybe an Acura would be my second choice. Then you can run that thing pretty much anywhere accept Le Mans but that's ok.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3765051)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So they do not run GTLMs in North America?
Sure. I was asked to move it, so I did. If the preference is for it to be in the main 'open' forum, I can do that too. What I can't do is put it in both ACO Regulated and NA at the same time.....
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3765052)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Actually if I was Joe Millioniare and I wanted to go sportscar racing I'd probably want to run a GT3 Mercedes as my first choice. Maybe an Acura would be my second choice. Then you can run that thing pretty much anywhere accept Le Mans but that's ok.
You don't think Joe Millionaire would want to run at Le Mans......?
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3765053)   #265
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sure. I was asked to move it, so I did. If the preference is for it to be in the main 'open' forum, I can do that too. What I can't do is put it in both ACO Regulated and NA at the same time.....
I was just under the impression that this is a cross pond subject, not a singular point of interest.

L.P.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3765453)   #266
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/g...unity-for-gte/

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gaw (Prodrive)
I think it’s important as the LMP1 issue gets sorted, we don’t lose sight of the opportunity that GT has.

I’m in support of anything that improves the show for the manufacturers. Manufacturers go racing to sell cars and that’s how the race teams get budgets.

If there’s no show for them to activate behind and therefore sell cars, then the marketing budgets become tighter and you get less manufacturers. So you want to maximize it so the future is secure.

The qualifying race was one way to do that; whether the qualifying race itself was a perfect or great idea, I’m sure there’s other ideas or ways of doing that.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3765456)   #267
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I wonder if manufacturers will ask the ACO to add GTE-Pro to the European Le Mans Series.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3765457)   #268
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Probably not.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3766146)   #269
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
New Aston Martin Vantage GTE testing, still sounds lovely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEoT6dpgtqk
Old 12 Sep 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3766288)   #270
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...-in-frankfurt/

Last edited by Matt; 12 Sep 2017 at 14:29.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3766289)   #271
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The M8 is going to be fast down the Mulsanne straight...looks like a longtail to me.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3766293)   #272
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
The M8 is going to be fast down the Mulsanne straight...looks like a longtail to me.
If the M8 GTE goes fast natively, all will be done with the BoP to slow it down.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3766294)   #273
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 12 Sep 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3766299)   #274
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nice beast!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3766313)   #275
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the current GTE regs