Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2000, 17:56 (Ref:2040)   #1
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Ralf Schumacher giving the armco a little kiss yesterday, he suffered a bad cut to his left leg which resulted in his being stretchered away for Hospital treatment.

Will he be fit enough to race in Canada? If not who will get his seat?
Old 5 Jun 2000, 22:35 (Ref:15721)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralphies crash kind of reminds me of a little kid falling over. He got out the car, ran over the barrier, sat down, looked down, realised half his leg was missing, then was in great deals of pain. So long as it hasn't taken masses of ligaments with it, id hope he would be in Canada.

Gees replying is so confusing now....eek....i love it
Old 6 Jun 2000, 05:54 (Ref:15774)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the replay we could clearly see that he saw his leg was cut before he went over the barrier. I think he will be ready for Canada, but should give this weeks test session at Monza a miss. If he can't race in Canada, I think Bruno Junqueira will replace him. Being the test driver, and since there's no F3000 race that weekend, he would be the logical choice.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 14:30 (Ref:16078)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks more and more like Junqueira may replace Ralf. He has been unable to test so far at Monza and apparently Junqueira has replaced him for this duty.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 15:28 (Ref:16087)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course he couldn't test in Monza, one day after his accident. Anyway, the doctors recommended him 2-3 days of complete rest.

It's a bad cut (7-centimetre) on his calf so he needed 3 stitches but he is a young and well-trained Formula 1 driver and the doctors make miracles these days. I hope he will be in good condition by then. (very possible).

Maybe he will not risk. He and Williams are not contenders for the title and if Jordan does not put the pieces together soon, I don't think Benetton will pose a great danger for third place in WDC. Anyway, for the first year in F1, a fourth place for BMW is great.

Crash, for a couple of minutes after an accident, one feels absolutely no pain. Considering that maybe he was also dizzy after the shunt, his reaction is very understandable.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 19:05 (Ref:16151)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

Back in 1994 Nigel Mansell drove as a guest driver for Williams whilst still driving for Newman Haas in the Indy Car series.

I think it was 3 races he did that didn't clash with Indy races.

I bet you can all guess where this little history lesson is leading?

What are the chances of Montoya appearing on a one off basis?? As you can see there is a precedent for it.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 02:26 (Ref:16220)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

RIKB, a thought that had been festering in my mind that I had been unable to bring to light. I like it-its so appropriately evil as only Sir Frank can be. Should the Montoya God appear in Montreal and blow-off the Little Fella, I think we'd see Button's standing plummet.

On the Ralfie note, as one of the few guys I actually like-I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't race in Montreal. It'll be my first race in twenty years and I was hoping to cheer him on. Plan "B"-Coulthard
Old 8 Jun 2000, 03:01 (Ref:16228)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is it with the German Fellows and their legs? Maybe they should wear aluminium pants.

Seriously, I hope Ralfie is fit to fly soon and I would LOVE to see Montoya do a race in Montreal meanwhile.

If Frenzy doesn't show up for this race, I will cheer for DC. From Le Mans.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 03:20 (Ref:16235)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ooohhhh..Montoya as a stand in for Canada...now that would be worth seeing..question is would montoya do it???..he knows that he has a good shot with Williams for next year ..he hasnt tested this years car at all and hes never driven at the Gilles villeneuve circuit...but it would be good to see him have a crack...if not Junquiera would be the best replacement if it is needed
Old 8 Jun 2000, 03:33 (Ref:16239)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya should do it only if Tony George is invited to sit on the start-finish line and watch him, and a camera keeps us posted on the expression on his face the whole time.

And afterwards when he comes in ahead of Button he could say, "Well that was more fun than running round in circles in that other fellow's race ... what was that place called again?"
Old 8 Jun 2000, 04:19 (Ref:16249)   #11
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Too bad he has to show up in Detroit the same day for the next round of CART.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 11:17 (Ref:16288)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Well it is a nice fantasy anyway. And of course even if he wasn't racing in Detroit they wouldn't let him take that car with no practice.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 17:42 (Ref:16613)   #13
RIKB
Veteran

Apparently no decision as to whether he will race has been taken yet, but he will be travelling to Canada with the team.