Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3692133)   #91
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Very true, Sato hasn't been confirmed.
Verrrrrrrry interesting. I was surprised when this was first... I guess "announced" isn't quite the right word? I can't imagine Michael Andretti being particularly receptive to Sato's crashiness, but I guess we'll see.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3692138)   #92
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Verrrrrrrry interesting. I was surprised when this was first... I guess "announced" isn't quite the right word? I can't imagine Michael Andretti being particularly receptive to Sato's crashiness, but I guess we'll see.
If you read the article there were no actual quotes confirming Sato, only that he'd been talking to multiple Honda teams.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3692223)   #93
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That obviously will depend on the context. Soooooooooo just to remind you again and I and this is the last time.
Nice - I look forward to context and consistency.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3692242)   #94
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Nice - I look forward to context and consistency.
Good, so next time I refer to the IRL or IndyCar you won't have a problem with either.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 04:52 (Ref:3692276)   #95
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Good, so next time I refer to the IRL or IndyCar you won't have a problem with either.
Providing there is appropriate context and consistency The FOM / CVC example for Formula 1 was a great example and comparison for future discussions
Old 30 Nov 2016, 06:37 (Ref:3692281)   #96
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Providing there is appropriate context and consistency The FOM / CVC example for Formula 1 was a great example and comparison for future discussions
You already mentioned context and consistency in your previous post. Therefore, as there's no need to go round in circles and perpetuate this, it's time to move on, as I'm sure others reading and posting on this thread are getting a tad bored with this.

I certainly am and it is also completely off topic.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3692316)   #97
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To get back on topic, do you think further driver/car combinations will be confirmed before the end of the year. As of today, Sato to Andretti, Aleshin remaining at Schmidt, the 4th Ganassi, the KV car and the road/street portion of the split schedule of the 2nd Ed Carpenter Racing car are not yet confirmed.

Also, do you think KV Racing Technologies will run as many cars at the Indy 500 next year as they did this year. To be honest, with that team's current situation, I'm afraid it might be hard to find enough teams to get 33 entries on the entry list for the Indy 500.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3692320)   #98
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
To get back on topic, do you think further driver/car combinations will be confirmed before the end of the year. As of today, Sato to Andretti, Aleshin remaining at Schmidt, the 4th Ganassi, the KV car and the road/street portion of the split schedule of the 2nd Ed Carpenter Racing car are not yet confirmed.
All of them except KV will be confirmed by year's end. We've already seen most of the grid in place within 2 months of the season ending, which is a big improvement over 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Also, do you think KV Racing Technologies will run as many cars at the Indy 500 next year as they did this year. To be honest, with that team's current situation, I'm afraid it might be hard to find enough teams to get 33 entries on the entry list for the Indy 500.
They ran 2 cars this year (including the #61 in conjunction with Team Murray), don't see why that would change in 2017.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3692325)   #99
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Serralles is testing in Abu Dhabi, he's test schedule is quite busy this off season, but I really doubt he'd bother if he had something solid with #8, or other teams that have seats opened. And re. #25 AA I wrote in Indy Lights thread... although Sato has insufficient funds, or maybe Michael is waiting for someone like Stoneman to come up?!
Old 30 Nov 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3692330)   #100
10TENTHS
Veteran

Your guess is as good as mine on where Serralles goes for 2017.

Andretti have been talking to Sato, Aleshin and probably other drivers we don't know about - as the man (Rob Edwards) said, an announcement is due before the winter break.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 11:55 (Ref:3692334)   #101
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
When did he hold talks with Aleshin? Russian has been signed last month with SPM.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3692375)   #102
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
When did he hold talks with Aleshin? Russian has been signed last month with SPM.
What source says he is signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer
and an ongoing relationship with SMP Racing and its driver Mikhail Aleshin should see SPM return next season with the same lineup
Clearly not the one on the wiki page. Aleshin himself hasn't said anything about it. Nothing on the team website about extending with Aleshin or SMP yet.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3692395)   #103
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
It was reported Aleshin had re-signed with SPM but it turns out this this is not the case.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2016/10/...-looks-to-2017
Old 30 Nov 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3692408)   #104
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
So, do we think Aleshin is in talks with Andretti Autosport? That wouldn't be a bad idea, not bad at all.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3692409)   #105
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
So, do we think Aleshin is in talks with Andretti Autosport? That wouldn't be a bad idea, not bad at all.
Certainly an interesting idea.

If I were Andretti Autosport, I would pick Aleshin over Sato and if I were SMP I would pick Aleshin over Sato. That could explain the delay in both drivers being signed.