Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2000, 12:47 (Ref:16297)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JV is heavily linked to Renault as per my prediction when we did the last 'silly season' line up a few weeks ago !!!

Who said Dinz to Benetton ? - stand up that man/woman !!!

It seems that BAR cannot build a car that doesn't fall to bits so therefore will be unable to keep JV.

Do we think Honda are happy ........
Old 8 Jun 2000, 14:34 (Ref:16308)   #2
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
linkeVilleneuve has been d to bennetton since the mclaren rumours started last month.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 01:04 (Ref:16362)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last week's AutoSport said absolutely not - Benetton said they could not have a competitive drive for Jacques next year so they would not be offering him a contract.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 01:47 (Ref:16375)   #4
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont think Villeneuve will go to Benetton..just call it a gut instinct.

I know this is kinda off the topic.. but I was reading Motorsport News, and their article on Benetton's testing at Valencia.... Fisichella has an enourmous accident, wrecks the car, and as the second car was being used to evaluate Pizzonia and Pantano, Wurz misses out on testing alltogether. Now, is this fair? And at Canada, if Wurz has a bad race, will the press/viewers/team take this into consideration? Of course not.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 04:44 (Ref:16395)   #5
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British American Racing issued an annoucement to reassure their team today that JV has not signed with anybody yet. So autosport has jumped the gun.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 07:17 (Ref:16398)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whenever a team issues a statement saying the rumours are not true - you know they are true !!!!

How can BAR keep JV, if they wave a big stick that will only give him more incentive to move. The way to keep a top class driver is to give him a race winning car - which BAR have shown that currently they are unable to do.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 11:03 (Ref:16415)   #7
Scottie
Rookie

Scottie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques will not make another hasty move again too soon. I'll bet he is waiting for an offer from the Macaroon squad.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 11:43 (Ref:16417)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Its a difficult one...

I guess the Macca team would be a quick fix for JV. It depends how much longer he wants to stay in F1.

Benetton/Renault is maybe a better long term bet as you have to wonder how much longer Mercedes will stay in F1.

They've won everything and when you're on top the only way is down. Does anybody know how much longer they are contracted to Ron for ?
Old 9 Jun 2000, 13:49 (Ref:16442)   #9
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Benneton for Villi? The "I'm only in for the money." comes into play(30 mil over 2 years) Why would he jump from one mule to another? The only 2 places he would be satisfied if he wants to race if he can get in are Macaroons and Eddie's(Honda power). I can't believe all this other stuff about him going here or there isn't only to give him bargaining chips. And if I'm not 100% wrong I'll eat my Nikes.
As for Juan, I don't know if he'll be made a sap out of or not.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 16:16 (Ref:16454)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... in case you're wrong, what would you recommend as a garnish on those training shoes? Soy sauce? B-B-Q? Salad dressing?

But I'm quite sure your analysis is correct. Well, reasonably certain. Probably.

Heck, I'll pass you the tomato ketchup.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 02:35 (Ref:16531)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques will race until he gets married. Then he will quit. That is my prediction. Based on nothing but instinct.

And I'd bet that he'll stay with BAR unless Uncle Ron (1) offers him Mika's seat and (2) promises him he won't have to shave, do PR, or read Uncle Ron's prepared speeches in the post-race conferences.

Since item 2 is a non-starter, Jacques will stay at BAR.